Provo August Activity--INPUT NEEDED, COME IN!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 27, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    We are sincerely sorry. We did not consider it an official activity, since we talked about it on Wednesday and you two said you were not interested, so we said "Okay, we will go just out of official capacity." when I posted the "official activity," that was before we knew that half of the fanforce was not interested.
  2. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, ideas on what to do for the OFFICIAL activity? I keep on asking because I don't want to have people feel left out or not come out of disinterest.
  3. MiaTiska Jedi Knight

star 1
    *wracks brain*

My brilliant idea was moved to September. Um. I'll get back to you...

-Mia
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Please do. I feel like if we don't figure out an idea soon, there will be no activity and I feel like crap enough already this month.
  5. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    *ducks in*

Um...things were getting a little tense in here for a bit...personally, I think that sometimes there just isn't going to be an activity that will make EVERYONE happy, so you should just come up with something that a few people want to do really badly, and then those who aren't crazy about it can either suck it up and come anyway, or not come at all, but quit complaining about there not being activities and junk.

As a completely inactive-not-even-really-a-member of this, you can just toss out what I just said as not understanding what the heck in going on. But I was reading the posts and I kind of got a little frustrated. Sorry. Just slap my wrist or something.

And, just in case people got offended (even though I don't want you to get offended! I can't think of a way to say what I think without being semi-mean!), here are some beautiful Wookiee Cookies cut in the shape of R2D2!

Uh yeah. That's all I have to say. Reading back over it, I don't really say anything at all.

*goes and hides, and doesn't give any ideas for the August activity because she will be gone anyway*
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, well, since there are...4 of us actively participating at the moment, that is a "few people" for whatever we want to do, so that's why I'm asking for input.
  7. MiaTiska Jedi Knight

star 1
    Laura, afaik no one's been complaining that there haven't been activities. There's... kind of no one to complain. :)

The last activity/unofficial activity schnafu was a misunderstanding and miscommunication. No biggie. :)

And Ish, if we don't have an activity in August, the world won't end. Besides, we had enough Firefly gatherings to fulfill the quota. ;)

-Mia
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Very true, Mia. In that case, are we agreed on the collective comparison of Firefly/SW as our activity or is there a dissenter?
  9. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds wonderful to me! :D
  10. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of Firefly, katey...

Just wondering how my dvd's are doing? ;)

-Mia
  11. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    If you are going to be at your house around 6pm tomorrow I could drop them by. My roommate wanted to watch a few scenes again and so she did that last night.
  12. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    6 pm tomorrow? Yeah I should be here.

Hehehe... more scenes, huh? ;) I know what that's like.

I just want to be sure they're still being taken care of, but if you guys are done watching, then... tomorrow works great for me. :)

-Mia
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I want to get my sister hooked on it, since she'll be coming back from her mission tonight and she would totally love Simon.
  14. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    You might want to ease her into it, fresh off a mission, might be a bit of a culture shock!

If you need a ride up to SLC tonight I can give you one. I'm picking up a friend from the airport tonight so I'll be up there anyway. But you'd have to come to my apartment around 6 to give me enough time to drop you off and get to the airport around 7:30. (I'd also have to figure out how to get from your place to the airport but that shouldn't be too hard.) So, anyway, let me know.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I went up to SLC last night so I could do a full day of helping with the cleaning today.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby