main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX August Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    August is a very busy month for many of us, but there is always time for good friends and Star Wars. :)

Our August meeting will be this Saturday, August 25 at 5:30pm at Atomic Comics on Broadway across from Central Market HEB. We have some new plans and we would love to get input and new ideas from people. We also haven't gone out to eat after the meetings in a long time, so we should try to do that too.

See you on Saturday!
    Lisa

2. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I will be able to come to the meeting this coming Saturday ...I'll be there:D

3. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Sorry I missed this meeting. I swear the last time I checked the boards there wasn't anything here about it. Sorry guys, just slipped my mind.

4. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Dude, I was heartbroken you were not there...I even had a whole cd-rom full pics from our past events just for you.....Oh well, there is always September....

5. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    We actually had a pretty good turnout at this meeting. I was really happy to see Alex, Robert and Timmy back again after a really, really long absence, and we had a couple new members, Susan and her daughter, that dropped by for their first meeting. In addition to that, we had our regular die hard members, Brent and Ernest as well. Not at all bad for a summer meeting.

Just to recap the things we covered this month:

T-shirts - Brent is coming up with a new SAFF logo, and some very fun ideas for t-shirts.
    We are going to use some of our favorite/funniest Star Wars lines as a basis for some silly stick figure drawings, so watch for a thread on that soon. We need everyone's suggestions.

Second Annual Sci-Fi Family Day - Our friends in the local Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek groups have invited us to join them for the 2nd Annual Sci-fi Picnic at Green Acres Golf and Gaming on Saturday, Oct. 13. I'll post more details soon.

ACS Halloween Party - We have been invited to participate along with the 501st in the American Cancer Society Halloween Party for kids who have undergone cancer treatment this year. We had a really great time dressing up and taking pictures last year, and we would love to have a great turn out this year. It was lots of fun, and the kids LOVED it. This event takes place on Sunday, Oct. 28

So, surprisingly, we got a lot accomplished this month, and we had a nice dinner at that Mexican restaurant with confusing name. We also had a great discussion about scary movies during dinner.

-Lisa

6. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Lisa, the ACS event is on the 21st, update your calendars people and please contact me if you'd like to attend.

Take Care

- John

7. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    My god, I miss a meeting and look at all the stuff that happened?! Do I need to miss more of them? We could rule the world!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.