main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN August FAN FORCE meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, one down and hopefully many to go.

Let's start getting the next meeting planned.
    I am going to try to come up with a different place to have it at for the sake of variety.

All of you that attended please give me some input....was the day of the week ok? was the time appropiate?

I thought both worked ok but want to know what you guys think.

Also on the next meeting we wi be talking about electing a City Rep and we can poick him on the third meeting. After which we will be an official Fan Force Chapter. (You have to hold 3 meetings to be official)

Also I thought we could pick one board game per meeting to set up and play.

For the August meeting I wll be bringing the Star Wars Trilogy Trivial pursuit. Does anybody have the Episode I one?

Right now I am planning this next meeting on August 6th at 6pm

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    That sounds good to me. There are other places to go, but perhaps it would be nice to keep the meeting locations the same. Switching them up each meeting could get confusing, but I would suggest any food court, city sponsored meeting halls (like Candy Factory, and other recreation centers) or even gaming spots like the Round Table on Sutherland Avenue.

Any of these places can accomodate us easily, especially on a weekday.

3. SyPhO_DyAs

SyPhO_DyAs Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    I'll be there.

4. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, it's official....the next meeting of the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on August 6th at 6pm at Celebration Station. (same place as last month)

I will get there around 6pm but even if you can't make it till later, still come by. We won't get "down to business" till after 7pm.

Like the previous meeting we will have a few things I thought we could talk about, among them......
    * Who do you want the City Rep to be?
    * Upcoming events?
    * Making a trip to see the IMAX version of the movie?

Make sure you bring any items you have for trade.....I know I will. You never know who might have that figure that has been eluding you for months....

5. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'll be there, as long as I don't have to work.....

6. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Well I support you people. But if these meetings always land on a worknight, I'm sorry but I can't attend. Got a friend or two who might come as well, but with the same situation. We don't get off until 6 and don't get home until 7pm. Well, keep good postings and we'll at least keep up with the proceedings. Best of luck!!

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, the whole thing is that you might not be able to make a meeting on time per se, but even if you can get in later (like say 8 or so) that's not a problem. I too work on nights much of the time and it makes it hard to attend meetings on ANY night, but I just come in when I can make it and it's fine as long as it's not real late.

Anyway, that's just food for thought and also bear in mind that the TSWCG meets on weekends so keep them in mind if it's just not feasible to do it any other way.

8. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    I thought of this FanForce chapter as an alternative to the already existing TSWCG meetings which were normally on weekends.

I would suggest you come by the weekend meeting and meet with us. It is mostly the same bunch of people....with a few differences of people who can't come on weekends....or simply are to pouty to come :)

try it......

but if people want, the FF can also meet on weekends....just bring it up and if enough people want to show up just figure out a place and a time and we can post it on the FF site

9. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Rod

If my vote on this matter counts... I want the FF meetings on the weekdays. I know I can't make them after this one for a little while, but there are several who can't make the weekend meetings. The first weekday meeting should prove there is more than enough interest for it to stay on the weekday. I do suggest that those who can't make it to the weekday meetings should really join the TSWCG on the weekend. You can be a part of both groups and only attend one if you have to.

10. Padawan519

May 15, 2002
    I'll definitely be at the 8/6 meeting....You all set the times/dates for meetings, and I'll try my damndest to be there. I'll do whatever's best for everyone.

11. K9-Rod

Feb 26, 2002
    vongbait,

I agree with you....that was my intention in getting a FanForce started.

Since both groups are basically the same.....the only real difference is that FanForce meets on weeknights and TSWCG meets on weekends.

am I right on this?

So if you can't come on weeknights, make sure to come on weekends to the TSWCG. It is the same group of great people.

12. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I know I'll be there for sure now unless there is a horrible accident or other problem. Dave should make it too and he has been to the motherland recently (England). He probably didn't see it, but if I was there I would have made a stop by Leavesden Studios just to remember all the days I saw pics of it online and was in awe of it. Man, that place is freakin' huge! :eek:

Oh well, see you guys then!

EDIT: Had to fix my face #$%@ capital letters!

13. green55

green55 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    Hello, this is David. (I was the really dressed-up guy at the last meeting) This is my public admission that:
    1. I haven't signed up until now, so I'm posting to make sure everything goes OK, and;
    2. that I'm a loser for not being to make tonight's meeting.

See you next month (I hope)

MTFBWY,

David

14. Padawan519

May 15, 2002
    Hi David, sorry you couldn't be there! It's really inexcusable for you not to have been-but we'll forgive you anyways :) Hope to see you at the next meeting!

15. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    If you missed this meeting, then you have missed everything, for this meeting contained the very meaning of life, and you can never attend another meeting ever again! :mad:

;)
    I'm joking of course! Not a whole lot happened beyond general discussion, showing off new things Star Wars, and trading items, but that's the fun part. There were a lot of great folks present and I think we actually had more people out this time then last time. We didn't play Trivial Pursuit as planned. Hopefully it will happen next time as this is the third meeting it has been brought to and not actually played to my knowledge.

We just gotta buckle down and do it people! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.