Austin,TX August FF meeting this Saturday 8/2!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I can't believe the next meeting is already here!

This is an important meeting, its the last one before CLONE WARS hits theaters, so we'll be deciding on our action plan for the event!

Same place and time:
    Dog & Duck Pub
    17th and Guadalupe
    1pm - ??

Lots to discuss as far as the CLONE WARS movie release goes; hopefully either Chris or myself will have spoken to theater management at Highland to set a date and time for us to do something there. Just gonna throw the following out there, so y'all can think it over, and post here before the meeting to see how far we can get for an outline for our event:
    Table(s), obviously
    Flyers I already have, might get more printed up if needed, have about 150 or so left I think
    I'd like to set up a small CLONE WARS display, with vehicles and action figures, but we'll see on that ;)

For those interested, yes, I will lug the BMF down for everyone to drool at and be jealous of me , and we'll be talking about the great time we had in front of TRU Friday night! (inside was a different story for some)

Hang on, we're about to make the jump to lightspeed! :cool:
  2. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    That was a pretty good meeting, I think.

We just have soooo much to do and everything's coming up fast. :p
  3. Gen-Li Jedi Youngling

hey looks like i found this group a couple of days to late for the meeting. anywwho i really would lov eto attend a group gatherign to the movie so if anything has been decided would you (will it) be posted here?
  4. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Right now it looks like it's still up in the air. Our theater contact person has been talking to the various managers here in town, and most don't seem interested in having an "event" for this movie. I think part of the problem is that this time around there's at least one other movie opening the same day and they don't want to discourage business from that.

The San Marcos Star Wars Society has issued an invite that anyone from Austin could join them for a opening night event they're holding. If you're interested in that, just talk to Vader on our off-site boards (he's the head of the SM SWS).

As far as AFF, it's looking more and more like we'll end up at most seeing Clone Wars as a group (those not stuck at work, that is) and then focus on Fan Boys which is coming out the middle of next month (a few days after Force Unleashed is released). I'd personally lean towards going to the Galaxy 10 (as it's a fully digital theater), but I don't think a final decision has been made as of this post. :)
  5. Gen-Li Jedi Youngling

group can be fun we can all still do the costume thing and i know galaxy very well i go there often for me it depends on what time the movie is i work friday nights at 1130 so if its at night i would need to take off or try to come in later or miss out :(
  6. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, I doubt they'll care if people come dressed up. I'm sure they're half-expecting it anyway. :p
  7. jedimelis Force Ghost

star 2
    WE have just confirmed that there will be a showing on Thursday night 11:55pm at the Alamo South Lamar, so you wil be able to attend??

We are still waiting to hear about doing an event as we jsut foudn out, but there are already a few of us who already have tickets... Check our forum.. I noticed you have registered! :D
  8. Gen-Li Jedi Youngling

*sigh* just my luck nope i wont be able to make it i have the crappiest days off ever mon and tues. if the group would have doen something friday afternoon or evening i coulda gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.