August Meet - August 15 - Clone Wars!

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by WifeofVader, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know I am planning WAY ahead here but, I know we had said this was going to be our August meet...

Any takers?

If so, when - where, etc.?

I am on vacation that week and hope to see a midnight showing (if there are any) ...
  2. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

If we haven't met yet my name is Jeff over at MA Jedi Temple group and i was wondering if you wanted to have a group meet for this event. I will be meeting with 2 movie cinema's next week to plain it out. The 2 location i had in thought would be Worcester North Cinema's and Millbury Blackstone Valley. If this could be done sweat. Also i would like to have your permission to put your logo on our website. I hope to meet you at the BBQ this Saturday.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Any word yet if this will be shown on any of the IMAX screens?[face_praying]

I'm all for getting together and seeing this as a group, maybe even grabbing a bit before or after as well. My 1st nomination would go to the Framingham Cinema. Pretty central location for most and I believe is one of the better theaters in MA.
  4. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

That would be great. I know our group the MA Jedi Temple plain on going in costume it would be cool for both of our groups to go as one group If the Co wants to.
  5. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi guys!

Jeff, I don't think anyone here will take issue with your putting our logo on your website... gives us more exposure, you know?

As far as the movie - I looked at the Imax listing last night and Jordan's doesn't seem to be booking that far out (the schedule only went through July). I agree that we should meet at Solomon Pond Regal or in Framingham as most of us are out this way...

6. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

Thanks i will go ahead and post it up there also link it to these boards.
  7. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love to go to the midnight show, if there's one, and also vote for Framingham.
  8. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hi, guys! I really need to post more often...

Anyways, I'm going to see if I'm away around the time of the premiere.

And Jeff, I'm near dead certain that I met you once sometime last year. You work at Wal-Mart, right?
  9. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

I use to, not anymore. But Wife of Vader if you want to try to see if we can get both of our groups to go to an early event for the movie that would be cool. Also I will be calling some theaters this week to see what they plain to do for the movie. I will post info here.
  10. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    My friend Ed and I could probably make it that Sunday. I had my heart set on taking in a Brockton Rox game w/ my family for my b-day that Sunday afternoon (last Brockton Rox home game before my b-day), but recently realized that my sister has to work that weekend. Let me know what's up. :D
  11. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone from here is invited to come to the NH Mandalorians fund raiser that is being held in conjunction with the release of the Clone Wars. You can find more info here!
  12. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

Hey everyone. Im back and still wondering if we are going to still do the 2 group event for the Star Wars the clone wars movie. I will be calling some movie theaters that are doing night shows. A couple of members from the MA jedi Temple will be in costume at the showing. We should plain on it for both groups. What does everyone else think.
  13. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I am going to a Midnight showing if there is one. I have that Friday off so I know I will be seeing it at some point then. There could be a possible third party/group that will go as well (trying to get local sandtroopers together to see this).
  14. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    You guys are going to kill me but, I will be in Maine for the opening weekend, vacationing (I know, how dare I!??!).

Hopefully the three groups can work something out and all get together.

That event that the NH syndicate is having looks pretty darn good! :)

15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. Just wish I lived a little closer to NH. My son would love to see some of the 501st up close & personal.

I'm taking my son and nephew to an early showing on Saturday the 16th but would still be up for seeing it Friday night locally with a group of people.
  16. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Not sure what I am doing yet?

I have to be up at 5 a.m. on Saturday so I am considering what I am doing.

I would most definetly be up to meet up with a few people and try to see this during daylight hours as well.

Been busy with my mom moving in at the end of the month, but trying to make for a little fun time.

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Where in Maine will you be? Dover is fairly close to Southern Maine...

18. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

Hey if there are any people going to the movie with us Please give me a call (508)843 2139 or e-mail me at obijeffkenobi@gmail.com. I would like for our groups to go to the first viewing if there are people up for it Friday Night. If so please let me know. Also lets coordinate our groups and where and what movie theatre we should go to.
  19. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where in Maine will you be? Dover is fairly close to Southern Maine...

I will actually be in Cape Neddick, ME. We are searching for a theater to see it at because, obviously, we aren't missing the opening weekend.

I've actually thinking about the Dover event.... might be worth the trip but, I am just not sure yet.
  20. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    May I try to convince you to join us? Pluses are:

-You get to visit your Star Wars neighbors to the north! We're a friendly bunch here in New Hampshire and would love to have you join us!

-You can help support a great cause in Make A Wish, and have a chance to win some cool Star Wars swag! We will be having door prizes, drawings, and a silent auction (as you probably know from reading our site)

-We will have a whole theater to ourselves! Yup! Last I heard, Regal cinemas will have a theater set aside for us to watch the movie!

-The 501st will be there. 'nuff said :D

-New Hampshire is Tax Free! Whoo! :D

We sure hope to see you there! Feel free to contact Rotag for any more info about the event. He's our go to guy!

21. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've made contact with Rotag and will hope to here from him soon....

Thanks for all the info!

MIS gang - this event sounds fantastic... might be worth the trip if anyone is going to be around Friday night. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.