August Meet Thread: LOTR Exhibit 8/22

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    What: LOTR exhibit!
    Date: Sunday, August 22nd
    Time: 12pm for lunch, 2pm for the exhibit
    Place: Boston Science Museum

Some transportation details: Due to construction on the Green Line, the Science Park station is not subway accessible. A shuttle bus is running between Government Center and Lechmere to compensate. Details about this can be found here. If you have any questions about the Lechmere shuttle, let me know. :)

There are alternatives to the shuttle if you know your way around. It's possible to walk to the Science Museum from Kendall (red line) or North Station. Assuming the weather is decent I will be walking from Kendall, and anyone interested is free to join me.

Ticket purchasing: Please purchase your ticket(s) here. Remember, we are seeing the exhibit at 2pm on August 22nd. It would be a good idea to purchase your ticket(s) ahead of time so that you can be sure you'll be able to get in with the rest of us.

Other details: At 12pm, anyone interested in having lunch together should show up in the museum lobby. We'll meet somewhere close to the main doors so it shouldn't be hard to miss us. Since lunch plans are subject to change (you never know how busy a place will be), I will be happy to give anyone my cell number to call if you're late but still want to join us. Just PM me if you want it. Please try your best to be on time though.

At 1:40pm we will be meeting again in the museum lobby near the doors. Please don't be late, since our admission to the exhibit is time sensitive. Anyone who doesn't join us for lunch should show up then.

I think that about covers it. Post any questions here! :) Also, please post if you're coming, and specify if you will be there for lunch or just the exhibit. Thanks, and I hope to see you all there!

2. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    So that means that if I take the commuter rail to North Station I'd have to take the bus up to Science Park? Or is the green line still running in that direction?
  3. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    You'll get off at North Station and take the shuttle bus to Science Park, or you could walk down the street. Last December I left the Fleetcenter and walked to Science Park to avoid the crowds. It took 5 minutes.
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds like a better idea. Thanks!
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Upping this thread as the meet is only a little over 2 weeks away now. If you haven't bought your ticket(s) yet, please do so soon! Don't forget! Remember to choose Sunday August 22nd at 2pm. Buying the wrong day and time would suck.

Please post when your ticket is bought so I know who's coming. Also post whether you'll be joining us for lunch! :)

As you probably read in the last meet thread, Natasha said the exhibit is awesome, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. :)
  6. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just bought my ticket! yay!
  7. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    got mine ordered... do we pick them up at the exhibit if bought online ??? Just print up the confirmation info ????

Just got in from Fall River Celebrates parade... had a blast near the NEG501st Vader, in my imperial officers outfit, walking down the street for a good 2 mile walk. In case anyone know of family or anyone that gets the FALL RIVER HERALD... please ask them to hold onto Mondays issue for me please... they took a pic of us in the parade as a group shot, that I would love to get mmy hands on....

Thanks

see you the 22nd...

justin Manning
  8. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok guys, the meet is a week away! Buy those tickets now if you haven't already! And PLEASE post if you're coming! Indicate if you're coming for lunch or just the exhibit. :)

August Meet
    Roseanna (lunch)
    Rogue-Girl (what should we call you anyway? your bio is nameless)
    Justin

9. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    off for the day so include me for lunch also

10. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I won't be able to make the lunch but I should be able to make the exhibit starting at 2:00.
    I don't have a ticket purchased but will I be able to get one available on arrival?

BTW I just finished The Two Towers tonight and should be watching The Return Of The King this week. So I hope I will finally have seen them all by the MOS.
  11. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just checked online and there are still tickets available for the 22nd at 2:00. I haven't purchased my tickets yet either. If I'm still going it'll be a last minute purchase for me too.
  12. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sunday's going to be dicey for me, as it's my b-day and I don't know what my family has planned for that day, if at all (my party could be Saturday before the walking males in my family go to the Brockton Rox game). I just hope I find out what the plan is in enough time to get tickets to the exhibit.
  13. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, you may call me Fiona :)
  14. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, I have been notified that I am free to go on Sunday. However, I have checked the weekend commuter rail schedule and there are only 2 trains from Brockton in the morning, the last one arriving at South Station at 10:42 AM. Figuring about 45 minutes on the subway and bus, and I'd be there well ahead of noon. I don't really like having time to kill, so catching the last morning train is out. There is an afternoon train arriving at South Station at 1:18 PM, but I may risk not being able to find you people in time to catch the 2:00 PM show. So all-in-all, I'd rather try to find someone close to me to give me a ride there. Lunch for the person would be on me if that happens. ;)
  15. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    If you can't find a ride, I'd be happy to meet with you earlier so "killing time" wouldn't be so boring. :)

And Fiona is an awesome name, I must say. You will be the first Fiona I've ever met! ;)
  16. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hang around boston, there are always things to eat up time! I may be able to come early, probably not cuz momis coming in from airport but i'll be around for lunch I hope. confirmation later!

and thanks for the name compliment :)
  17. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you are all like me and haven't got your tickets yet, don't worry. They can be purchased at Museum of Science. It looks like there are plenty of tickets still left for this Sunday. I will be there.
  18. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    Brockton Rox game.... oh my god !!! you mean there's another BROCKTON member here besides me !!!!

I live near the super stop and shop up the ways off 37 and 28 ... let me know what we can do for transportation.. if there is parking near the MoS I will be willing to attempt a drive in from Brockton !!!!

Let me know ok... I have printed up my confirmation number and just need to find the darn sheet of paper

Justin Manning
  19. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, the museum does have a parking deck...not sure how it works though, their website probably has more info. Make sure you and Richie get in touch with each other about transportation arrangements. :)
  20. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm gonna be a no-show, guys - have to work Saturday.
  21. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    You have to work Saturday - you do know the meet is on Sunday, right? ;)
  22. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Parking at the MOS is usually a seperate charge then the museum itself. Not sure of the price, been awhile since I've driven there.
  23. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Parking is a seperate charge. The garage holds 1000 cars. On Sunday it will be open until 11pm, not like we will be there that long anyways.
    They now accept credit card payments.
    Lost ticket pays maximum rate.
    Museum Members receive discount.
    Garage clearance is 7'4". A limited number of space exists for taller vans.
    Here are the prices for parking:

Daytime........Non-Mem....Members
    1/2 - 1 hour...4.25...........3.25
    1 - 2 hours....6.25...........5.00
    2 - 3 hours....8.25...........6.50
    3 - 4 hours....10.25..........8.50
    4 - 5 hours....12.25.........10.50
    5 - 6 hours....14.25.........12.25
    Over 6 hours...16.25........14.00

Evening........Non-Members....Members
    Flat rate
    (Arrival after 5:00 p.m.) $5.00 $4.50

24. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    You have to work Saturday - you do know the meet is on Sunday, right?

It's on a Sunday? I thought it was on Saturday..... :confused:
  25. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    What's in the area for places to eat? If I'm going I'll have my son with me so I'm looking for a Burger King or McDonald's. Even a sub shop will work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.