August Meet Thread: LOTR Exhibit 8/22

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's on a Sunday? I thought it was on Saturday.....

Remember the poll thread we had to vote on a meet date for this month? The winning day was Sunday, August 22nd. ;)

What's in the area for places to eat? If I'm going I'll have my son with me so I'm looking for a Burger King or McDonald's. Even a sub shop will work.

The Galleria is very close to the museum and has many food court offerings. I *think* they have a McDonald's. There's also a food court inside the museum, although it's a bit more gourmet-style. :)
  2. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Justin (JEDIMASTER6872)

I left you a PM (Private Message) asking how you wanted to work a possible ride into Boston. Please read and reply before Saturday, as I'll still need to get my ticket for the exhibit.

Richie
  3. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Exactly how much are these tickets. i am from Albany and sounds kinda fun. The only fear is getting to boston. I dont know my way around the highways and the decent places to park. Some help would be nice. Although I wouldnt mind staying Saturday if possible.

4. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Tickets cost $19. It would be great if you could make it! :)

I don't blame you about being hesitant to drive in or near Boston. As for parking, you could probably park at one of the larger T stations that allow overnight parking and just ride the subway/train to get to the museum. Hopefully someone here would be able to host you for the night, although it is a bit short notice. ;)
  5. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Remember the poll thread we had to vote on a meet date for this month?

Evidently not. [face_blush]

Hmmmm.....Sunday at 2 - I might be able to do this. Let me see.....
  6. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    sent u email tonight about it

justin
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    A revised list:

August Meet
    Roseanna (lunch)
    Fiona (maybe lunch)
    Justin (lunch)
    Richie (pending travel arrangements, lunch)
    Jim (lunch)
    Jeff (lunch)
    Lisa (and friend? lunch)
    Chris (and mom?)
    Rob (maybe)
    Mike (and son? maybe)
    beezel (maybe)

If you can buy your ticket(s) online ahead of time, I would do so. It's nice to not have to wait in line, and you can pick up your tickets very quickly at the computer kiosks in the lobby. Remember, 2pm, August 22nd. :)

If you can't buy your ticket(s) online, don't fret, just arrive in plenty of time to buy them at the museum. Remember, we're meeting at 1:40pm in the lobby.

If you're joining us for lunch, remember that we're meeting at noon in the museum lobby. From there we'll likely be walking to the Galleria and eating either in the food court or in one of the restaurants.

If anyone is confused about anything at all, please don't hesitate to PM me. If anyone wants my cell number just in case, just PM me and I will send it to you. :)

Sounds like a great turnout and a lot of fun! See you guys on Sunday. :)

8. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    How will I recognize you guys when I get there?

And I know I won't be able to make it for lunch. I may even miss the whole gosh darn thing. I am visiting my summer house in Maine for the weekend so I will be driving back for the exibit and if I am late...well then I am late and won't be able to go. :( but don't fret, if I can't make it no biggie, and it will probably work out fine anyways in the end :)

So basically, I am in the 'travel plans pending' category.
  9. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I usually wear a U.S.A. hat.
  10. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    If you check out my photo album (link in sig), there are lots of pictures of me and some pictures of our group members in the Rebels and Rhode Squadron photo albums. I will be wearing a white ringer t-shirt with a glittery Star Wars logo on the front and jean capris. If you have a cell phone, you could call one of us if you have any problems. :)
  11. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Basically, my showing up depends on whether or not my brother gets back from NY with my car early enough on Sunday. We swapped cars so that he could drive to NY, and I am NOT driving his beat-up, barely-running old truck into Boston.

So, right now, still a big maybe.
  12. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I cant make it. I got the flu.

But maybe later I could come to another meeting or event perhaps.

Oh and does anyone want to come to the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival Parade on September 25th in St Catherines Canada.

basically all the ff around their including Toronto, Niagara, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester and even Albany are going to be in the parade.

Its on a Saturday but if you want to make a trip of it you can go Niagara Falls and see the sites in the St Catherines. There is wine tasting and music in the park near the parade route. Its alot of fun.

After the parade, we have a group dinner with profits going to a local womans shelter.
  13. Sara Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I'll be going to this, whoo hoo, my first fully boston meet. :D See all who are going tomorrow, it will be nice to meet some new faces.
  14. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    I will be pickign up Richie in about 45 minutes, after filling my gas tank that is --lol--- and driving the two of us to the event....

I will be wearing my light blue jeans, and SW themed STAY ON TARGET T-Shirt, which I will be wearing to all meets until we get the new BR T-shirts made...

See you all there,

justin Manning

15. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Well guys looks like I won't be going on the same 2:00 tour as you guys I can't click on it which tells me it is sold out. I will be there but probably on a different tour. If I can still get a ticket at that point.

Update: I got them for the 2:00 over the phone.

16. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope you guys had fun! The exhibit looks so cool, but I was stuck in the car coming back from vacation in Maine.
  17. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry you couldn't make it beezel, I hope you feel better soon. :) As for the parade, it sounds like a ton of fun...we have yet to decide when our September meet will be, so I don't know if that date conflicts with anything yet. Maybe something will work out though and a few of us may be able to make it up there. We'll see. Thanks for letting us know about it! :)

Fiona, Rob, and Mike - sorry you guys couldn't make it! Hopefully you'll be able to make another meet soon. Tonight I'll start another meet date poll so you can vote on what days in September work best for you.

We had an OUTSTANDING turnout today and I'm so happy that you guys were able to make it and have so much fun. There were some new faces, including a couple of new dual FF members (RI/Boston). :D We had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, went to the exhibit, and then spent a couple of hours just hanging out around the museum and Galleria. A few pictures were taken (no photography was allowed in the exhibit, unfortunately), and I'll post those tonight.

Not much business was discussed today, which was fine because we didn't have a whole lot to talk about. The t-shirt voting thread will be up either tonight or tomorrow. We think we're going to try for the harbor cruise for the September meet. We talked a little about the convention in November and about C3, but no solid plans were made. Most of the discussion today was just great, friendly chatting. :)

Thank you all again for making today so much fun! Hopefully I'll be seeing many of you again next month, along with those of you who couldn't make it. :D

18. JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Master

star 2
    AWESOME MEET !!!!! I can not wait to see you all again next months meet. I fouind out when I got home, that there is somethign loose in my camera, which I think is needed for the thing to properly turn fully on... I will be checking NORWOOD area for a camera shop to see if I can get someone to fix it before Dragoncon trip in 9 days !!!!! I hope to get the few pics before the exhibit to my computer asap ... They are of the outside of the MOS...

SO thrilled that RI members were able to make it...
    I hope to get to visit for your meets sometime, when able...

Sincerly,
    Justin Manning
  19. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Pictures posted! The last 5 pictures are from today. :)
  20. Sara Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Today was awesome! It was great meeting some new people and I had a great time. :)

edit// I also have a group picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/pididdle/100_1067.jpg

:D
  21. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Today was a great time. Excellent turnout.!! :)

My mom really enjoyed the meet today.
    She thought you were all very nice to allow her to be part of the meet. Thanks everyone.

Now that I have seen all the LOTR movies as of last week I must return them back to my mom.
    How bad is that I had to borrow them from my mom? [face_laugh]

Good to see some old faces back and active again. :)
  22. MonaLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I showed! Yay!

(Look, Roseanna I'm posting in your forum! Happy now?)

I had a really great time up in Boston with you guys - hopefully I can make some more meets! I go from no meets for months and months to two in two days! Yay FanForce!

And I was right - I am biting my lip in that picture. Haha.
  23. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Great first meet for me. I had to do the duck-walk thing after I got home and out of my shoes (having broken both of my heels several years ago, I usually pay for long walks), but I appear to have recovered (it usually takes me a couple of nights, so thank goodness for a quick recovery this time). Next month is iffy, but we'll see how it goes. And I hope I see more people at my next meet. :D

Richie

PS Thanks again for the ride, Justin.
  24. Rogue-Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I am really upset that I couldn't make it but I was up at my summer house in Maine. I woke up at 9am on sunday there and kinda just said 'to heck with it' and stayed up, because the drive was not going to be fun and everyone really wanted to me to stay up with them for the day. Sorry guys! Plus my sister really wanted me to wait for her to come with her next week to the exhibit, so it was just bad planning on my part. Sorry again!

It looks like you all had a blast though! Woohoo!
  25. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, my car didn't arrive back until late Sunday night, so I was out of luck. Glad to hear you guys had fun, though. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.