main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson August Meeting 082706 1pm Bookman's

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jul 21, 2006.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm bringing Nanaimo Bars. They fit into the sweet category.

2. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    The SV peeps will bring something. Probably something like soda or chips since we have some errands before the meeting.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Do me a favor? Someone call me on my cell during the meeting at somepoint (if anything important is going over) so I can feel like I'm their.

Thanks.

4. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

Hey Damian..I never really had the chance to tell you goodbye. Glad you made it to CA safe and sound. It was great to have had the chance to meet you. Your one cool dude. :)

And, I'll remind them to call you during the meeting..LOL

5. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    EXPLATIVE!!! Are you coming back anytime soon? cuz I still have your books. I just got caught up in school. Sorry

6. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    How do peanut butter cookies sound?

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    How do peanut butter cookies sound?

They make noise?

:eek:

8. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I know without a doubt that he will be back, but I also know you will take good care of his books and someone will see that he gets them back.

9. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    As long as he doesnt forget he has them!!!!! [face_mischief]

10. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Speaking of which, how about those lightsaber parts???

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    You still want em after ordering an Ultrasaber?

12. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I am a poor soul...all m money is being saved for the trip to Atlanta. So if I do bring something to eat..expect it to be be spoiled or rotten. [face_sick] :p not really..I'll try to brng a box of goodies...I know everyone likes chocolate..right?

I plan on bringing all the Mando gear, minus the verpine sniper rifle I made with the assistance of Dustin and my good friends over at NERF.(i sent it to a guy in GA to bring to the event..as they might have not let it on the plane..even checked)

if you have any costumes that need tune ups or need some advise on something bring it to the meeting and we will take a look..with Dusty, Jack, Marlena and everyone who knows something about building costumes will be on call for youre costuming needs [face_beatup]

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Add Fan Force Library to the agenda as well.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Nice meeting all the new people today, and as always nice to see everyone else still enjoys coming and being a part of the group. I want to encourage all the new people to please enjoy getting to know everyone and join in on all the events we have going these days. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

15. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's the miiiiintues! (Say it like a baseball announcer...)

Attendance:
    Moi, JediObiKat
    Mandalore69
    Morgan
    Jeannie
    jediRevan1
    14of3AmberofBorg
    FirstSonofSolo
    Mugen
    RebelMom
    CathieCat
    DialSwiftJustice
    _Anakin_Vader_
    Bylar
    Kevin
    Jenny
    Steve
    Tina
    Nathan
    Gabriel
    NabooLady
    Mr. Wookiee
    Hal9k1 via cellphone

What happened:
    Cookbook: That's still a year down the road. Mail in more recipes everyone!
    FanForce Library: The idea is to create a library of SW books that members could check out at meetings. The books would be books that you have read and don't want anymore. NabooLady offered to be in charge of this.
    Photo shoot: We'll postpone this until closer to Halloween
    Backdrop: It's coming along nicely. 3 panels made of masonite are completed. There still plenty of work to do on this project though, so two meetings have been set to help finish the panels: September 9 and 23.
    Howl-o-ween: 27, 28, and 29th October and Reid Park Zoo. This is a major event for us, so anyone who came come we want to be there!! Remember, to real-looking weapons.
    TSN Fett's film: He has a fan film finished, "Not 2B Toyed With," and he will be premiering it at the Loft Cinema as a benefit for them. He would like some characters in costume at the permiere, too.
    501st report: DSJ got approved for hospital visits at TMC and UMC. UMC: They'll supply water, 20-40 kids, and polaroids, weapons okay. TMC: 4-5 characters allowed, 40+ kids, no guns, lightsabers okay. Need to do a toy drive to get toys to distribute to the kids.
    Nursing home visit: Posada del Sol nursing home would like us to help with their Xmas wish tree. We could do a visit there, too, there would be a place to change, any day of the week would work.
    RPG: Friday nights at 7 at Cat's house
    T-shirts: They look awesome!
    Concert: at Flowing Wells high school March 28 and May 9.
    Christmas event with CPS: NabooLady will get more info in the relatively near future.
    The Cons: CactusCon and CopperCon are coming up next weekend.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    =D= Awesome Kat! :D

It is so wonderful to see you all doing so well. Just remember not to get overloaded with too many events and schedule some time to have some fun! [face_dancing]

Miss you all! :_|

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    FanForce Library: The idea is to create a library of SW books that members could check out at meetings. The books would be books that you have read and don't want anymore. NabooLady offered to be in charge of this.

I must have missed this on the phone but I have several books that can go for the cause.

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    AWESOME!!! We will take good care of them. Hopefully they will be read for many years to come!

On another note I do want to Clarify in our meeting notes that TSNFett is not Steve Bayless that has the completed Fan Film, actually TSNFett did not make an appearance at the meeting today, hopefully he will show up next time.

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005

[face_thinking]

20. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    I must not have been paying close enough attention to the names when we all went around. My mind said, "This guy's talking about a fan film, he must be TSNFett"...or not, sorry about the little mix up.

21. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    When is the next meeting????????

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Looks like Sundays work best for alot of people.
    If we want Bookmans again Sunday the 3rd is booked up, as is the 10th, 17TH, AND THE 24th only has on hour available! Geez, Ill shop around for a place. Oh, all the Saturdays are booked too.

Bookman's east 6230 E. Speedway Rd.
    has everything open after 6pm to close on the 10th, a block from 12-3 on the 17th, and is totally open from 4pm on on the 24th.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I will be calling library's this week to search for a room to hold the future meetings, hoping that I find one, or two, or three that would suit for our needs :)

24. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Any weekend except that of the 24th is fine for me. I have four tests x-( that week, so I anticipate studying and more studying that weekend.

25. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Due to a Rebel BIO attack on my youngling I was unable to attend. seems that his entire imperial Academy was being hit with some type o rebel virus. The Medical droids sick bay was full of ill cadets on friday. thanks to the superior care of the Empires best doctors he is back at his console, All hail Vader!
    See you all at tye next Meeting...