main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA AUGUST MEETING - 10th in La Verne

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MommyJedi, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UsedToBeUndercover

UsedToBeUndercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    Just so you guys know, I can't make it. Sundays are church and family days for us over here. :( I don't think I'll see any of you guys again until there's another local event...and onlt then if it doesn't conflict with school.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry to hear that Carrie. Hope you're enjoying your new puppy!

Minda, my friend Debbi might be able to come. If so, any suggestions of what she could bring?

3. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I won't be coming.

4. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    We're not going to be able to come. :(

5. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Well, bummer!
    Carrie, Ronnie, Nikole, JT, Curtis, Debbie, Ryan, Stuart, & Bill! This isn't exactly the end of summer party I had imagined, you will all be so sorely missed.
    But we will have funa and I hope you all have fun at the things you are doing. Think of us as we'll be thinking of you :)

Take care, we'll post the minutes and we'll see eachother in September :)

6. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    okay, so tomorrow is the party/meeting. again the address is

2609 Orchard Court
    La Verne, CA 92503

(909) 596-8303

If you need me you can call me at my parents number as we are going out there today.
    For those of you who haven't contacted me, I think we are pretty set on food and drinks, but more drinks and snacks are always great and if we don't use them you can take them home.

See you tomorrow!!! :p

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Well hello there kiddies! I wanted to let you know that the wifey and I won't be there as i've got to keep my foot up as we went to Big Bear today and did some hiking and well...I kinda slipped on some rocks and twisted my ankle pretty good.:oops:

That was a fun walk back to our car...NOT! Anyways, we'll see you all on friday for the clone wars movie in Ontario and i'll post the details tomorrow as I know them. Our madame President knows whats up as well. We'll miss you all and see you in a week for sure as well as the next meeting if it's after the 17th as we'll be gone for three weeks out of state. [:D] :)

Oh yeah...I saw TV guide with four different Clone wars covers with DVD on it...very cool!

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh Mike! You're supposed to wait until the ski lift is completely at the top or bottom before you get off!! No getting off in the middle!

I'm sorry you're hurt and that you guys won't be able to join us! :(

So, why didn't Shelia just give you a piggyback ride back to the car? What's up with that??? :D

Stay off your feet and get better before Friday!!

I saw the TV Guides and had a hard time not buying all 4. Ended up not getting any of them. I'm trying to get out of the habit of buying everything that says "Star Wars" on it! It's an addiction!

9. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I should be there around noon.

10. Skeeziks

Skeeziks Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    Hey IEFF!

Thanks so much for inviting me to this and I'm SO sorry I missed it. Due to a Curse Cloud hanging over me and my home in July, I had a lot of things to fix this month and today was the day the plumber, contractor, etc. decided to converge. Yeah, on a Sunday. Sheesh! Anyway, I really appreciate that you invited me and will have to come to your next event--- (please tell me it's not Beyond the Dune Sea!)

Hope you all had a blast!

-Debbi

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Debbi, I'm sorry you couldn't make it. Hope your plumber and contractor actually completed the job they were there for!!

Haven't downloaded the photos yet. Today was my first full day back at work and I'm too tired. I'll try to get them up tomorrow. Since Sandy is sans computer for the time being, I'll work on getting the minutes ups, too.

Minda, thanks for hosting the party and another huge thanks to your parents for letting us invade their home! I had a blast. It was great to hang out in the pool, just us gals.... with Joey keeping an eye on us so nobody drowned!! He's our hero!

Actually, I got to talk to him for awhile. It was nice to get to know him a little. I hope we didn't scare him too bad with all our 'girl' talk!! We want him to come apple picking!

12. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes, say thanks to your parents Minda for letting us come over. Sorry we couldn't hang out late, such is having a little kid.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I told Sandy I'd take care of the minutes and I forgot!!!

They'll be done by the end of the day. Sorry!!!

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My first try at meeting minutes. Sandy, your job is safe. I have no desire to try to summarize our monthly meetings. Please let me know if I've left anything out!

The John Williams concert is Aug. 30. Helen (from LAFF) will be in the picnic area by around 4:00 with the tickets. We need somebody to get the group?s ticket from her and pass them out.

September Meeting will be on the 20th at Riley?s Farm in Oak Glen. We?re going Apple Pickin?. Everybody needs to bring a lunch and we?ll eat at a picnic area. It?s too busy to try to eat at a restaurant. We can check out some shops after our lunch. See the meeting thread for details. Let?s all try to go to the same place on the Farm.

The October meeting will be on the 11th at Mt. Top Café. The time will be figured out later. All money for the CHOC will have to be turned in at this meeting.

The CHOC Walk is Sunday, October 19th. The requirement to do the actual walk is $50 per person. That doesn?t have to be paid until October 1st. All cash and checks need to be turned in by October 11. Mike is the team captain and Kari is co-captain. Some of us would like to get a single hotel room the night before the walk to make it easier for all of us to get to Disneyland nice and early. Please check the thread for up to date information.

Is anybody interested in going to Disneyland for Halloween?

The Christmas Parade is Saturday, December 6th. It was decided that we want to participate again this year. We need to decide if we want to have a Christmas party after the parade or on another day. There?s a thread for this event.

15. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Yeah. Don't quit your job just yet, Kari. ;)
    Just teasing. Good job.

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    thanks for the update :)

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You're welcome and don't worry. I'm not gunning for Sandy's job!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.