main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI August Meeting 2004

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BultarSwan, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I believe the meeting will be the third Saturday of next month.

2. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i believe bultarswan as confirmed that the september meeting is the 18th - 7:00 barnes and nobles - rivertown xing http://anakinskywalker1.homestead.com/files/lightsaber2.gif

3. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello Grand Rapids!

I noticed that you guys have suggested meeting in a food court.

R2-Detroit tried this at one point and it just didn't work for us, once the group got larger, noone could here what the others where saying because of noise.

We currently have all of our meetings at Borders books in Novi. To alleviate any kind of inconvenience to them we contacted their event planner and were given permission to hold our meetings there, as a matter of fact, they started advertising our meetings for us (on the website and a flyer).

Just thought I'd help with some growing pains, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me!

Bultarswan, congrats on CR! It can be a big headache at times, but it also can be rewarding. ;)

Edit: I also noticed that some of you may be coming to Novi for Comicon, and I would love to say we could get our groups together, but that weekend happens to be the weekend that two of our members are marrying each other, so the majority of our group will be there.

~Scooby

4. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Like Scooby said, the food court has its positive and negative sides. The best part for me was the proximity of diet coke. ;) The noise was a bit much.

You could contact the Community Relations Manager at Barnes & Noble. They might be able to add you to the event calendar, and set aside a space in the store for meetings. That would give you some publicity, and it's easier for a potential memeber to scope things out in that environment.

We'd love to have you join us for an event sometime!

On a side note, Blasty Trooper and I will be in Grand Rapids for the DVD release. It would be cool to meet up with some more fans then. :)

5. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    really? what day...i might be able to come in my jedi garb. :)

6. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    This Event is going to be on the 25th of September.... Saturday. We will plan on being at the mall in costume by 4pm. As for the end of the event... we will say 7ish.
    All 501st and Rebel Legion members will be welcome!!!"

That is from the Midwest Garrison Board (of the 501st). You have to be signed into EZ board for the link to work properly. :)

7. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    which mall? rivertown?

8. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Yes, it's at the RiverTown Suncoast... Just off of 44th Street.

9. Jaareth

Feb 23, 2004
    hmmm...4pm...i could get there...using the bus...alas...gettin home. The busses stop goin to rivertown malli think at 9pm. i wouldnt be able to get home if i missed it :(

10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Hey, Detroiters!

We currently have all of our meetings at Borders books in Novi. To alleviate any kind of inconvenience to them we contacted their event planner and were given permission to hold our meetings there, as a matter of fact, they started advertising our meetings for us (on the website and a flyer).

That would be awesome! I will call Barnes and Noble immediately to see if we couldn't work out something similar. :)

Just thought I'd help with some growing pains, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me!

Any help/advice/comments you have are more than welcome!!! (Seriously ;) )

Bultarswan, congrats on CR! It can be a big headache at times, but it also can be rewarding.

Thank-you. :) I haven't had any headaches. ;)

Blasty Trooper and I will be in Grand Rapids for the DVD release. It would be cool to meet up with some more fans then.

This Event is going to be on the 25th of September.... Saturday. We will plan on being at the mall in costume by 4pm. As for the end of the event... we will say 7ish.
    All 501st and Rebel Legion members will be welcome!!!"

I will do my absolute best to be there. As far as I know, I have nothing scheduled then, so, as long as I can put together a costume before then ( :p ), I'll be there! :)

11. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    We are happy to help!

and of course, any and all GR FanForcers are welcome to attend any of our meetings!

~Scooby

12. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    That looks like a really cool event you've put together! I'll bet it will raise alot of money. I'm sure kids will want there picture with stormtroopers and the like. And it will definately draw attention having them walk around.

Just a thought, maybe you should get a Slave Leia for the grownups to have their pic with. ;)

Is there a section of TFN that advertises chariry events? Cause otherwise it could be put in the FanForce section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.