August Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Please post Agenda ideas here. This month, I suggest someone besides Erin, Erik, and myself plan the meeting. I'll start with the few "Standard" items, and leave the rest to you, the club. Feel free to rearrange as needed.... :D

I do request we talk about the DVD release and any event options...September 21st.

Opening
    Treasurer's Report - Laura
    -fill in here
    -fill in here
    -yada yada yada (no, not Yoda)
    -Snacks
    -Erik's Star Wars News (big news this month!)
    -fill in here
    -fill in here

2. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll plan and run the meeting this month, if someone will help figure out what to do.
  3. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, this is what I figure we need to talk about this month:

July's minutes
    Treasurer Report
    Campout Report
    Skywalker Ranch Trip report
    Preston Parade Report
    DVD Release
    Early Halloween Party stuff
    Star Wars News
    Early planning for Jeremy Bulloch

I'm not sure if there;s anything elese. We also need to have some sort of fun actvity. Anyone else got any ideas?
  4. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    looks good so far...
    BTW, with the budget we've got, we should be able to have a bang-up halloween event!

Doug
  5. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    There is the bbq in august/september too. WE can talk about if we want to make it a recruiting time or what.

I will still type everything up, if that is okay with you adam. If not, just let me know, and I will give you my notes from the last meeting.
  6. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was thinking about it and I thought it would be good to have a discussion on the nature of spoilers, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Alot is coming out and maybe it would be good to discuss it.
    A few things I'd like to discuss are what constitutes a spoiler to members. Is knowing about the alterations to the Original Trilogy in advance a spoiler? Is Hyperspace a spoiler? Is stuff said in the audio comentary on the DVDs a spoiler? I probably do alot more research on things than many members and there is alot of stuff out there that is just general knowledge on the front of sw.com that might sound spoilerish to anyone not a regular visitor to the site.
    I'd like to define it and explain to members how they can avoid the info. I know one of the favorite things about an upcoming SW movie with some members is the speculation leading up to a new movie, throwing out theories and shooting them down. I'd like to see fun discussion about the movie not unpleasant ones.
    I'm not sure but I think this could be a fun conversation to have at the meeting.
    Another reason I'd like to discuss this is this. We all have some niche in Star Wars interest that maybe others don't have. While they are important to each of us I'd like to see a focus in the club toward the movies both past and Revenge of the Sith. If we could keep our genral focus on that the niche things can come in a way which maybe won't bore each other. I hope.
  7. LoneTrooper Jedi Padawan

T-Shirts,
    Is anyone interseted in doing a really nicely designed shirt for the club? We brushed on the subject momentarily at the last meeting, or as I liked to call it, "Pizza in the the Park".
    Anyway, I would like to Spearhead this if any are interested.
    I can look into screening charges and per shirt charges.
    We can work on a really great design, something that can be worn out and about. We can even discuss using them as a throw-out at Parades( in a small number of course), or if we visit any sick kids in the Hospital?
    Let me know...
  8. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for mentioning that. I was driving around one day and heard an ad for Teton Graphics. They said they can do as little as 1 shirt at a time. I will call and get some prices on shirts and report back later.
  9. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Erin,
    I heard the same ad, and told Mike about it earlier tonight....why don't you two work together on this?

BTW, I'm going to start a new thread dedicated to discussing the t-shirts so this thread doesn't get hijacked...

Oh Erik...I think speculation is fine...if that's what it is. But there are those that don't want to know ANYTHING about what's happening in Ep 3...and just because it's on the internet, even the official site, doesn't mean everyone knows. For some it's kind of like peeking at Christmas: There are those that don't mind, and there are those that absolutely will not peek, and there are even those that don't even want to try to guess what's in the presents...I agree this needs to be discussed at the meeting...

Doug
  10. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, so this is what we got so far:

- Welcome
    - July Minutes
    - Treasurer's Report
    - Campout Report
    - Skywalker Ranch Report
    - Preston Parade
    - Star Wars news
    - Barbeque/Recruiting Event
    - Is you is or is you ain't a SPOILER
    - DVD Release event/party?
    - Jeremy Bulloch in Oct.
    - Halloween party preliminaries
    - T-shirts?

I'm thinking that the DVD Release, the BBQ, and the spoiler debate are the most pressing issues, so they should take up the most time.

I was also wondering, should we assign people to do the various reports on the Campout, ect.?

And what about discussing the newsletter? Do we still wanna do that?

Also I was thinking about doing this thing called Hot Seat, where we sit a clubmember up in front the the group and ask him rediculous questions for like three minutes. Might be fun.

Any input?

P.S. Yes, Erin, if you could type this up when we get it finallized, that would be a great help.
  11. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Assigning people to do reports on the various activities/events is a good idea. I'll do the report on the Preston parade as I think Barry and I are the only ones going, and I'm assuming he'll want to do the skywalker ranch report.

I do suggest that we limit the time spent on these to say 5 minutes or so....

Also, we need to start talking about our toy drive/toys for tots...perhaps start the dialogue this month, then maybe we could invite the Marine recruiter to the sept meeting (the Marines run Toys for Tots).

Oh and Adam, you forgot one VERY IMPORTANT thing in your list....SNACKS DUDE!!!! :D

Doug
  12. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I didn't really forget snacks, I just figured that one would be obvious (Ha, Ha, Ha)

I agree that all reports should be limitied to 5 minutes or less. I want this meeting to move pretty fast, in fact, it's a necessity considering how much we have to get through.

I assumed that Barry would handle the Skywalker Ranch thing and Doug would handle Preston. Now, who to have report on the campout? Ryan? Niel? Erin?

13. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    I vote for Ryan...hehehe
  14. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Assign me something please. I am planning on being back in town by the meeting, and if I am assigned something, then I have to be, right??
  15. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been in the city rep forum talking about spoiler policies and have gotten some good ideas, so I will bring it to the meeting it shouldn't take long. One interesting designation I've learned about was the distinction that if it's on the official site and you don't have to pay for it, it's probably good. It's just the stuff you have to pay for that you need to watch out for.
  16. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Erin, as secretary aren't you pretty much assigned to do the previous month's minutes every month? So, yes you get to do July's minutes.

If I can get a hold of Ryan, I'll have him do the campout report. (I gotta tell him I wanna start shooting on the 7th anyway)
  17. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    okay, this is what we have:

- Welcome--Adam
    - July Minutes --ERin
    - Treasurer's Report--Laura
    - Campout Report---Ryan
    - Skywalker Ranch Report---Barry
    - Preston Parade---Doug
    - Star Wars news---Erik
    - Barbeque/Recruiting Event---Doug
    - Is you is or is you ain't a SPOILER---ERik
    - DVD Release event/party?
    - Jeremy Bulloch in Oct.
    - Halloween party preliminaries
    - T-shirts?

ummm, anything else? this is amazing, we have never had this much ready for the meeting this early.

I want to go to the Sand Dunes and look at the stars.

18. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    I hate to do this, but I may have to miss the meeting...I may be out-of-town (no, not in Boise at the convention)

I'll keep y'all posted...

Doug
  19. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Doug, if you aren't able to make it, who else went? Would they be willing to give a report? Maybe if you can't make it, you could just give me a short write-up on what went down to read.
  20. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    that was my thought...perhaps even a video report...
    That way, I could be in 2 places at once... :D

Doug
  21. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just realized something imortant if this meeting is planned for the usual day it lands on the same weekend as that con in Boise. Should we scrap it in favor of the meeting? any thoughts on this?
  22. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm not sure anyone besides Barry was planning on going to the con...so I don't think it's a big deal...unless I'm wrong in my assumption...

Doug
  23. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just barely realized that I will indeed miss the meeting because I will be in Boise with the Garrison fighting for SW justice (I was actually going to go before they were).

So as far as Skywalker Ranch goes, I can submit a video of what I got... But as far as that goes...

My contact described his salary as such: "ILM doesnt pay us as much as they could or should becuase they tell us "WE ARE ILM. IT IS AN HONOR JUST TO WORK FOR US.""
    That attitude exists at many levels. My experience at the Ranch, (I got back today) could be described as "You dont need to see anything cool, it should be an honor for you merely to be in our parking lot!"

:/

Got a T shirt though.

24. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    One thing I ask if you're going to submit video reports... please keep 'em 3-5 minutes in legnth. We have a ton of stuff to get through, so economy is essential.

BTW, good luck at the con with your movies, Barry. Hope I win something for "Best Smackdown With A Magazine"...
  25. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Guys, I am so proud. But, where the heck are we having this meeting????????

Kinda need to decide this soon, meeting in a little over a week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.