August Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by greencat336, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If no one objects, lets say the August meeting will be on Sunday, Aug 25th at the Hamarville Kings (Turnpike exit 5) at 12:00.

Here's what I have for an agenda so far. If you wish to add something to the agenda, just post to this thread (duh.) The edit is my adding things based on the comments below.

Council reports Each member of the council updates the membership on their 'area of expertise'

Padawan/Masters Masters have the opportunity to share how the training of their Padawans is coming along (missions completed, lessons learned) Padawans will have the opportunity to share how the training of their Masters is coming along.

Discussion over doing retroactive trials for current Masters and knights. (Proving that they deserve their ranks)

Proposed change to age requirements for Padawans/Trials: 18 is the standard age to take the Trials, however the Council will consider exceptions begining at age 16. Age for being a Padawan can be from 13-20, depending upon the individual.

So what if you're a Sith or Imperial not a Jedi? Then just change the 'titles' but keep the rest the same . . . Sith Lord/Sith/Apprentice or Grand Moff/Commander/Trooper or whatever.

Activities Planning session for future activities, including time/place for September meeting.

Celebration III Start up plans for 2005.

Comicon 2003 What has been planned so far, what needs to be done.

Super Star Destroyer Planning meeting for building/filming tenatively set for Aug 31, 1PM at Sal's

Charity Work Are we serious about doing it? For which charities and what would we do?

Christmas Party Kind of self explanatory.
  2. I_have_zam_cards Jedi Knight

star 1
    you know and i know that and every one else knows they just dont wanna admit i should not a padawan. well you all may not agree but terry agrees right bro. come one. but any ways we should get tons of fun for every one. its 18.95 if im not wrong and we can all just pitch in we can get it ya know
  3. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    hhmmmm.......how's bout this idear? Nick can buy the tons o fun 4 everyone, & the council would maybe consider him not to be a padawan (for at least a second or 2 ~ long enough to snicker at the idea) :D
  4. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nope, this council member needs a much, much better bribe than ice cream. ;)
  5. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    okay here is a quick way to solve the nick/padawan issue.

ALL those born after Return of the Jedi was released are padawans.

If you were born between 1977-1983 your a knight (as you probably don't remember the movies in theaters but grew up with them.

Special exceptions made for Knights (from this time period) to become Masters will be accepted.
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm. The only problem with that is in a few years we'll have 22 year old padawans. I'm inclined to stick to the age requirements of under 18's being Padawans, 18 + being knights, and, as in the movies, Masters after having trained a Padawan (remember Ki-adi Mundi was on the Council, but still a knight because he hadn't trained a padawan.) The Master thing could be expanded to include anyone who teaches/trains others. Example -- Sal is teaching us all about toys/collectables, so he qualifies as a master.

As for the Nick question . . . I can understand why he would ask to be an exception to the rule, but I also believe that there is a certain perspective of how the world works that only comes with having been around for a while.

I propose that Nick be allowed to take the Trials when he is 17. That gives him another year to gain some life experience, but also acknowleges that he was one of the first members of SCJK.
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think Nick should be a Padawan. Hell Nick is one of the founding members of this group along with Chris and myself. He should be grandfathered in as a Knight just as most of the Masters have been Grandfathered in. If anything the only Master/Padawan rule Nick would have to follow is that he couldn't take a Padawan until he is 21.
  8. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay how about we do a mock trails just for Nick at the picnic or the next meeting.

This will give us (Council) some experience and enable us to figure out what we want the trials to be.

I do want to address the issue of Nick's membership. While I agree he should get some consideration because of his longevity in the club, as GC said there is something to be said for real life longevity.

Those of us who claim to be masters, have been around awhile. We have real lifes stories about our SW experience that go back 25 years (for some of us). Basically Nick has 1 year more than the other PADAWANS in the club. This really isn't alot of time. He should go through some sort of trials to prove himself.

Ask KarateYoda about our little Q&A regarding SW.

I would gladly offer myself up to "take the trials" so that we "masters" can truly be inducted as such.

I will say that those of us who see ourselves as masters should have to take some kind of trials ourselves to prove that we are worthy of that title.

Here's another perspective:
    Anakin was many years older than the typical padawan when he became a Jedi.
    He still had to go through all of the classes to prove he was ready for the next class and move up.

Now of course he was accelerated to the next step due to his ability in the force so he quickly gained padawan status and no doubt will gain Knighthood sooner than most, BUT he still had to go through training and had to give some time for that.

Again I must point out that while Nick was here from the begining, it was only the begining of the club,.... a year ago.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh.

My own involvement as a fan is such:

Besides this club, I am a moderator for another site. I have read all but the young jedi knights and the new republic order books. Toy collection, nuff said there. Mega times seeing the movies. Can practically quote the whole thing.
    My first degree from college is a direct result of the movies. I have a degree in Industrial Design and as I've mentioned before, this has taught me how to make sets and props, movie make-up (like monster make-up), robotics, blue screen filming, editing, stop-motion photography , animatronics, animatics and such. There is more but you get the picture.

While i am not saying this to get a pat on the back, this does demonstrate my qualifications to be a master. My age of course is included with that.

Though it seems to be a running joke of Nick's status, it does also seem that he is serious about not wanting to be a padawan.

So let's put him to the test so he alone can prove himself.

In fact, Nick, should you wish, I will volunteer to be your mentor so that you will be more than prepared. I would be glad to sponsor you for the trials. How about it?

Again, I apologize if this seemed harsh. There is no animosity intended. I just want this to be done right. For you NICK, and the club as a whole.

BTW, do you have any Zam cards?
  9. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I agree that masters should have to to something to prove themselves.
  10. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is something I think we should add to the topic list for the August meeting. If you think it's too soon, just let me know. I think that we should talk about C2 and the approaching C3. I don't mean as a reminisint thing, but as a judging the future from the past type thing. We can find out how many people are planning on going, answer questions from those looking to go. Not to mention, our group now includes new people that we did not know before C2(that makes sense, right?) We can hear their views and ideas which may differ from those of Rox, Zam-cards, GC, Fluke, and myself.
    I just think with something as large as C#, and I think we can all agree that this is going to be huge, we should start to formulate plans and ideas, especially for some of our younger members and padawans, who's parents may have concerns or worries.
  11. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I agree with GC about masters and the teaching of their padawans as well as the rest of our "family".I concider myself still only a knight,in that,I've not trained a padawan to kighthood,and a master only in that I'm teaching a padawan and can help our family in the costume & props area.
    But at the same time I also agree with Rox to g-father zam_cards as a knight and/or any other founding members(and Chris-Stacina,if she so wishes,along with the council's blessings).And I agree with Chris Stacina on the council members taking a proof of their posts and titles.
  12. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I think that anyone who is or who wants to become a master should have to take sometype of a "test". I think the test should be made by "non-master" jedi.

I agree this is something that definately needs to be discussed at the meeting.
  13. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Please read the changes I've made to the agenda at the top of this thread.
  14. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Only when one becomes a FIVE TIME JEDI MASTER CHAMPION can they be elevated to Jedi Master status.
  15. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Quotes from the Redmention of Ulic Quel Droma.
    "So How does one become a Jedi Master?" Vima Sunrider

"By Facing more ordeals, I presume...there isn't a rule book or a simple test to take. I am no Jedi Master I can't even feel the force." Ulic

END OF COMIC:
    "How could he have been a Jedi much less a Jedi Master?" Nomi Sunrider

"Ulic may not have been able to touch the foce but he understood it more than any of us HE HAD THE HEART OF A JEDI." Vima.

Kinda see where I'm going with this in regards to the masters truly being masters? and yes I know most of that is canon but its still a sithing good comic Um can I say that here or does it get bleeped?
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think you have hit the nail on the head.

More edits, by the way, up top.
  17. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet. You rock. This sounds like a great agenda so far. ^_^

Oh- one more thing, perhaps to add- the comicon.. we need perhaps to discuss that.. more?
  18. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heres a good question I think I kinda need an answer to for comic con. If you are under 18 can you rent a hotel room. My friends who went with me this year want to get one at the Rad and so I was thinking a bout the 4 of us splitting one of the relaxicon ones. it'll wind up a good price proably after a 4 way split but none of us will be 18 can we do it?
  19. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps your master could put it in under his name, and you could just.. I dunno, pay him back? My youth group's done similar things..
  20. silverca03 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ya I don't think you can get the room in any of your names ...my dad works at the westin downtown and he cant reserve them in my name at least for another 2 months! ..but that looks like a great agenda and I'm really excited about finally making it to a meeting!
  21. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Perhaps one of your parents would be willing to rent the room?
  22. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope I can get there. I have to get to these meetings all by bus.
    Speaking of which, what town is this King's located in?
  23. silverca03 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh that sucks you have to go by bus ...I'd offer to drive you since you only live in munhall ...but that might be weird figuring i dont know you really
  24. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I take the bus a lot too, but I don't know which one you'd have to take.
  25. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I have an extended truck that seats four, so those padawans who need or want a ride let me know.

Dibs go to Chris-Stacina_Rajinn as she is my Padawan afterall.

BTW, what's a dib?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.