main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA August Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    What's a dib?

More edits to the Agenda. Added charity work. If you have a favorite charity that you think we should volunteer for, bring the info with you to the August meeting. I know some people have already talked about doing a 'toys for tots' thing around Lifeday, but if you have other ideas, lets here them.

Personally, I'd rather we go volunteer our time rather than due some sort of fundraiser. I hate fundraising. . . .

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What is lifeday?

3. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Lifeday is a Wookie celebration that occurs in midwinter where time is spent with one's family, gifts are exchanged, and thanks are given for blessings of the past and coming year.

Sometimes it is used as the Star Wars equivalent of Christmas (since not everyone in the universe, or even on these boards are Christians ;) )

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
  5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Anyopne interested in having a Christmas Party this year? I'll add it to the agenda.

6. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I would love to have a A). Halloween party, which im sure Jedi1966 and family would adore because it would be perfect for costumes and B). A christmas party would be alot of fun aswell! Maybe we could lable the Xmas party lifeday and give presents and have games and everything and I think a Star Wars Xmas tree would be very neat! Im all for stuff like the picnic, I had such a good time. :)

7. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm all for both Halloween and Christmas, I think they'd both be awesome.

8. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I love the Christmas party idea.. anyone up for a certain holiday special?? ~_^

9. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Both a Halloween and a Christmas party would be great. We'd have to have Holiday special playing in the background at the XMas party.

10. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    I like both ideas,sounds really cool.

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm in for both!

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If you still want to add something to this months agenda try and have it suggested by the 20th. If you don't get it in by the 20th, you can just bring it up as new business at the end of the prepared agenda.

13. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    A suggestion, if I could. If you plan on coming to the August meeting, it might be a good idea to bring along some paper and something to write with. That way, if you have something to bring up, or if an idea comes to you in the middle of something, you can write it down, and you won't forget it. That way, we don't have 80 people all trying to get their word in at the same time. That way, we might be able to stay on track and take care of business. At the very least, Greencat won't have to go into teacher mode all the time.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Great idea. This month is going to be different. Here's how the meeting will be handled so it doesn't turn into madness again.

I will address each part of the agenda one at a time. If you wish to talk on a subject you can do so after I make my opening comments on the subject. If you wish to be recognized just raise your hand. There will be no speaking out of turn, if you want to speak you have to wait your turn. After all points of the agenda are covered I will ask for any new business then adjourn the regular meeting and open discussion.

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Wow, we gettin' so organized! :D

Speakin' of which, howsa about changing that Forum Announcement thing, Rox, so that it lists the Aug meeting at Kings?

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yes, please do that ROX. I'm still unsure asto which Kings that is and how to get there. Please advise. Thanks.

17. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know if I will be able to make it, I will be helping my sister to move into college that weekend.

18. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Something else I think we should do is to call the Kings resturaunt, and let tehm know that we will have a large party of people coming in and the time. Just to kind of give them a heads up. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Just a heads up, if the worst table in the house is open when I get there I'm gonna be late for the meeting ;)

20. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Funny Fluke maybe we should request that one for us all?

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Well, the table isn't quite that big. I might try to get there early in order to get the deal, eat, and make the meeting on time so if anyone wants to join me feel free.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Don't worry guys I called and reserved the banquet room from noon to 2 pm. At 2pm we have to leave becasue someone else has reserved the room, but we are going to go over FunFest to hang.

23. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Sounds like fun Terry, but what is Fun Fest? Also I dont have a ride there..hmmmm....I hope I can make it, I just got the Count Dooku lightsaber from my friend (a suprise) and want to use it :), not to mention it just fin talking to everyone. :) And wearing a boba fett helmet (hint hint corran bring it hehe)

24. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    FunFest is like a bowling-arcade kinda place,it's in Harmarville too - jist down the road.

How to git to King's you ask? Follow the following...

from da burgh : take rte 28 North to exit 11. Coming off the exit you will come to a stop sign. Merge into traffic. There will be a Bob Evans on your right. Go through the first stop light. Follow this road to the stop light at the main intersection (Exxon will be on your right) Turn Left. This new road will have 4 lanes (2 going each way) Stay in the left lane. Mc D's is about 1/2 mile or so down this road on your left. You will go through several red lights before the intersection of Mc D's. Turn left at this intersection. When you turn there will be a car dealership on your left and a McD's on your right. You will see King's from there.

From the "surrounding areas" Take the turnpike and take exit #5. As you come off the exit you will merge into traffic. Stay in the right lane. Mc D's is a couple hundred of feet up the road on the right. There is a stop light - turn right at Mc D's baddabing...King's is right behind Mc D's.

If anyone got lost in my babble let me know and I will try to clarify

Cool?

25. silverca03

silverca03 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I hope I can find my way there...so I can finally make a meeting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.