main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA August Meeting! August 30th! Ideas needed! Postpone?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediFarfy, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey all! Time to plan the next meeting! The last Saturday is August 30. I haven't a clue what we shall do.

BTW, I can't think of anything because:
    1) I haven't slept more than 4 hours since Thursday
    2) I haven't eating a meal since Wednesday until tonight
    3) I'm watching Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, which automatically cuts my brain cells in half.

JF

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    The 30th is my last day at the library. I am not sure if a party is going on after words... I have heard rumors though.
    Maybe 3pm to whenever would work for me.
    Or, if you don't mind jet-lagged Yvette, I am game for something the week before.

3. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    Anyone wanna try something that's not a public place where we're not like a group of goldfish in a bowl?

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    That is the same day as a really really big car show in Tacoma. and that sounds like the lamest excuse ever! But it's true!
    But my Boyfriend is in town, from the Tennessee fanforce he wants to make a meeting with the Seattle FF if he can.
    Any chance you all want to meet up later on Saturday or some time Sunday?

5. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, we might have to postpone. I forgot it was Labor Day weekend (holidays have no meaning in retail), and apparently lots of people want it off. I'm hoping I still do, scine they want to cut hours anyways. That plus we have no real plan. Gah! Sorry everyone! [face_blush] I'll have more info ASAP.

JF

6. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, there was a possible plan forming, and then that got cancelled. Unless we have a spectacular plan with transportation, who's up for just postponing until next month?

I feel bad, but this gives us a whole month to pick something to do. If I'd known sooner that I really had the day off I would have felt better about plans. Sadly, work is being LAME that way.

Post or PM your thoughts. Thanks! And sorry! [face_blush]

PS: New plans for website are gone now too. My goal is to build the stupid thing myself. Should this all be so hard? [face_hypnotized]

JF

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm fine with postponing, a friend of mine is having a birthday dinner on the 30th.

8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I am fine with that too. I am still toasted from my trip and I work that morning.

9. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Alright, that's 2 people. I vote we postpone until September 27. Peachy?

JF

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I think I have a trip to Oregon at around this time :<

It's postponed...well, I have more time to think of something. There's not many private social places around here, unless we all go into the woods off some trail and no one can hear us except for the bears.

11. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I can't make the 27th sorry. :(

12. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    not sure if i can make it, i got hit by a semi (no jokin) i was passin him (at night and in the rain) and hydroed into the semi and went spinnin off the freeway..no car no job..but im ok.

13. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    OMG! Glad you're ok! Holy crap!

Ok, I'll start a thread for the 27th tonight. Since Amy can't make it and no one else has vehicular transportation, we may either have to do something bus-accessable or postpone again.

We should totally have a meeting online. Hey, now that's an idea....

More details as they pop into my head. :p

JF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.