main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

august meeting date?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    well whats central? dave and busters in westminster or country buffet in littleton (just to get an idea of what is central to the group)

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I'm just west of the D&B....about fifteen minutes away.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    How about City Park? That's as central as we're gonna get, and it's outside. Park at the Zoo/Museum, meet somewhere easily found, like the Bronze Sculpture in front of the Museum, and have a BYOL picnic. Cuts the cost down for everyone, plus maybe we could spar in public (choreographed sparring for our C3 display).

How's that sound?

4. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    i think thats a good idea, id be able to meet there i believe... and i could bring my saber (though i never did finish the handle or anything) and i do have a kendo stick, so if anyone else had one, they could bring it cause you can hit those things pretty hard... does that sound like a good idea?

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yu've never been in City Park on a Sunday, have yu, Historian? It's a rat-race incarnate, and parking is an even worse nightmare.....!

6. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Parking is always terrible at City Park and more so if the weather's nice. :(

7. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    how about daniels park? its a nice secluded park south of littleton/highlands ranch with plenty of good spots (and views from those spots) to duel, and to have a bbq in the shelter, and such, and its closer for the springers,

8. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    only problem is that daniels park is not centrely located. thats an hour drive from my house .

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, let's see, there's Cook Park (between Leetsdale & Evans on Monaco), Washington Park (between University & Broadway, just North of I-25), and Congress Park (on Evans, East of University). Those are the big ones, I know of a bunch of samller ones, too. Does anyone object to the picnic in a Denver Park idea? If not, I can find one of the smaller ones if you want. There's this great one East of Broadway on Iowa, I pass it on my way to the shelter. It has lots of trees for shade and some good open ground for combat.

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    That last one sounds good......how's the crowds on a Sunday?

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    It's just a small neighborhood park, so other than the dog walkers, it's pretty open.

Tim-Do you want to call DPD to make sure it's okay for us to have saber play in a public park?

12. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Whats the date again???

We dont want to cross the Springs meeting with your meeting...when is the date?

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    all this sounds great.

14. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Just to ruffle the feathers ----

Are we sure we don't just want this Saturday's get together at Dave and Buster's to count as the August meeting.

A lot of people are planning on going and I would hate to see a repeat of the situation 2 months ago with a small turnout at the meeting because everyone had gone to Chunk's the day before.

Since we're planning on a park and not a place you have to pay to get into, it not be a factor here, but just a thought.

Discuss amongst yourselves :)

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Doesn't seem to be much conversin' about the two scenarios(D&B/park outing.)

As to the park, DPD will let us kno if there is a problem....probably non-issue unless we go bashing the dog-walkers...FLOL!

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I think we should keep the two seperate , since up untill now we have been saying that this is not Augusts meeting . so some people are not planing on coming because its not the meeting. to change that now would cause problems. so I think a meeting the third weekend of the month would still be a good idea. Jenn has given some great suggestions for parks so I think we should just trust her judgement on a good one and make it for that saturday, it's also a great idea with the BYOP lunch as trying to get it planned to have a pot luck would not go down smoothly .

SO I'm saying third saturday at ?????? park say noonish?

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OK by me, but if it's on Saturday, I can only stay for one hour.

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I guess I'll be the one to endure the slings and arrows of aggravation for making the plans for this week's meeting.

Place: Denver Neighborhood Park - East of Broadway & Iowa (map to follow tonight)
    When: Saturday, August 17th, Noon
    What: BYOL Picnic, Officer Nominations, Discuss FanFilm, begin Saber Choreography.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    If yu take any flak Historian, deflect them to me. Thanks for yur efforts.

20. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    don't think I'll be able to make it saturday. I work Friday & Saturday night...depends on what time ppl from the springs are leaving (and I'm definitely NOT driving, sorry kids, but I need at least SOME sleep here).

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I will have copies of the proposed RMFF Handbook & FanFilm Script for everyone who wants one at the meeting. Can we get a head count of who is planning to attend, please?

22. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Twoth......

24. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Ah three (crunch)....three licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    count us in we will be there in our new car ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.