main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August Meeting - Garage Sale - Aug 16 at 11 am - With Notes!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Jul 30, 2014.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Start gathering your treasures!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I emptied a chest full of fabric, now I'm loading it up with treasures :D

FanForced likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Bump! This weekend!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We have a hope chest, bread machine, popcorn maker, deep fryer, child rocking chair and I'm sure we will find more stuff when we clean this week and deep clean on Friday night.
    I won't be able to help out very long on Sat AM and won't be there for the meeting, so if Dale wants to head that up great. I have no idea where the prize box is at. So whoever has that if they can just speak up so we know it's location, I won't have room to store it before the next meeting.

|We should talk about Hauntings, looks like it's a busy weekend. Mile Hi Con, AND Rocky Mountain Con are that weekend so chances of us getting costuming groups this year might be hard to come by, so if any of you know other groups (costuming or not) let's reach out and see if they are interested in making this event awesome for us. Prizes or Candy, do we need to order stuff? Does anyone want to donate $?

That's all I got, I think.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I found the prize box. It was hiding. It's pretty dang empty, though, so prize donations are welcome!

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    FYI, as the thread title says, the currently scheduled time for the meeting is 11 AM. This is earlier than our usual 2 PM so people will come and drop off garage sale items while the masses are still out garage sale shopping.
    So far we have 3 items on hand for the garage sale...I'm guessing Linda's old iPhone headphones would get the most money of the three.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

7. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    We did a closet clean-out and gathered up a good-sized box of lightly used clothing, some shoes, handbags, and jewelery, an assortment of office items (blank cards, envelopes, small electronics, randomness), and some books. A chess set. Deciding now whether to put our color printer/flatbed scanner/fax machine in -- it works great, but the manufacturer doesn't offer drivers for Windows 7 or newer, which is retarded and a great way for them to force people to buy new devices for no good reason. I don't know if putting it in the sale would be good or a bastard move, lol.

Digging through the rest of the house and garage tonight. Will probably come up with a few more boxes-worth. While in my mind, I'd love to get there by 7 am to help set up, more realistic for us at this juncture would be 8:30. I've been having trouble getting restorative sleep this week, so it's Sith Lord alter-ego only before 8 am.

8. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    By the way, I have contacted a few non-RMFF friends for next year's garage sale. I explained what the garage sale money funds and that I'll take donations of garage sale items they want to get rid of at any time during the year and store them at our house until next year's garage sale.

I'm hoping this restores my karma, as just a month ago, I had a neighbor move and leave half the furniture and contents of her house for a charity to pick up, and the rest for the garbage man because she didn't have time. I should have snagged some of it for our garage sale. Curses.

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I have some prize donations, but I won't make the meeting. I have crap to get rid of, too, but like I said, no meeting for me. This week has been flares and despair, so I go nowhere.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    August 2014 meeting notes:
    Attendees: zeraduel, DieWompRatDie, FanForced, Tia Amadala, BFett88, catz44, breadnappa (Geoff), ladyblues, thejackal327, and Nerfherders
    Discussed:
    -Godzilla Rifftrax 8/19 – All are invited. DWRD and FF and Grimby are going to see it at Promenade. We talked about utilizing the RMFF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RockyMountainFanForce) page to promote more events and other information besides meetings, such as this event. Let's do it!
    -Star Wars Night @ Coors Field 8/22/14 - DWRD, FF, Zeraduel and his +1 will be there.
    -Interest in Arvada Harvest Festival Parade on 9/6? Ask SITH__CHICK if we entered, which we don't think we did. Entries are due August 29. However, interest in participating wasn't very high. Details about the parade here: www.arvadaharvestfestivalparade.com/page/show/47335-2014-arvada-harvest-festival-parade.
    -September Meeting 9/20/14 Village Inn 2 PM - zeraduel can you call a couple of days before and let them know we're coming?
    -We had three options we discussed with regards to the October meeting.
    1) One option was to meet on October 18 at 2 PM at Village Inn, like usual, and talk about what we would need to do for the Wings Over the Rockies Hauntings at the Hangar event on October 26.
    2) Another option was to meet at WOTR on Saturday the 25th, the day before the event, to help with set up, bring candy and then maybe watch a movie in the Harrison Ford theater at WOTR
    3) A third option was dependent on the premiere date of the new animated TV show, Rebels, and to have the meeting at Shane/Bfett88 and Courtney/catz44's house. They would show the premiere of the TV show, and have a chili cook off and pumpkin carving. We would have prizes for the best chili. This event can also be a standalone event separate from the October meeting.
    Thoughts on the October meeting?
    -November Pot Luck/meeting (11/15 or 16) Any volunteers to host the meeting, which would be very close to Wookiee Life Day on Nov. 17th. How about you, he-guy? :)

-December 6th or 13th depending on who’s hosting. Nobody has volunteered to host yet.
    -Treasurer's Report - $681.36 currently. We made $33 last meeting. We pulled in $166.56 from the associated garage sale during this meeting. Great job to all who were there and to all who donated items!
    -Last, but not least, please bring non-raffle items to the September meeting as we're running low.
    [​IMG]
    Did I miss anything?

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I have some stuff that I was going to give to Goodwill, but if you're willing to hang onto it for the yard sale next year, you can have it. Let me know. I can bring it to the meeting.

12. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    We're low on storage space. We can't hang onto it until next year. But thanks!

13. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    oops nevermind, you weren't talking to me.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005