main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson August meeting on the calendar

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005

[face_laugh][face_laugh]
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Sadly though, my neigborhood is having a big, huge, yard sale that weekend and I might not be able to make it. I might be there for the end if I am not too [face_hypnotized] from two days of being out in this weather.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. time to figure out what all we need to bring to the meeting.. books, magazines, rpg ideas. Anyone else any ideas on what we should bring.. also.. did anyone have a laptop that we could use?

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Personally Id like to see some costumes/sabers. I am trying to make my own Sith/Fallen Jedi costume and would like to see some others for ideas, tips etc (before this my idea of sewing was heat-n-bond)!

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. I will bring the two robes I made... I know others have costumes as well.

5. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Apparently, Simplicity has made some "official" Star Wars patterns. They have Jedi Robes and Cloak, Leia ANH, Padme Battle and Aayla Secura costumes. Joann's is having a sale this weekend (July 29-31), though I don't know if patterns are part of this sale.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the easiest jedi robe does not even require a pattern.. but you have to find bolts of material that are really wide width.. I don't know where in town other than SAS that has that width of material though.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey all, just updating you on life. My boyfriend TK-2970's mom passed away on Sunday. We are still in New Jersey. I'm going to be gone longer than expected. The wake is tomorrow and the funeral is on Wednesday.

I will not be at the meeting on Saturday sadly but hope to see you all soon.

~Jada

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    our thoughts are with your and your boyfriend's family. We will miss you.. and we will see you when you return. Take care.

9. LaBelleDameSansMerci

LaBelleDameSansMerci Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I will be in Los Angeles this weekend.

Muster the strength to get on by without me...I know that you can!

;)

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we had our meeting today. went well.. though small in number (four) we discussed a lot of things.. first and foremost we are now officially the "two suns" fan force. More meeting notes to follow in a few days.. I have family in town till tuesday and I take my kids back to arkansas on thursday.. so I will be offline for about ten days total for the most part. I will check in as often as I can before thursday gets here.

look forward to hearing how everyone is.. wondering where those of you were that had not said they were going to miss the meeting though.. I had expected several more people there.

11. Synsaber

Synsaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Sorry i couldn't make it...had to work (for once). Did you hear those reports of flash flooding in the Tucson metro area last night (8/6)? Yeah...that was me...

SMR

12. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sorry I missed you guys. The yard sale went a bit late and I crashed when all was done. Great to hear that we are now officially "Two Suns" Fan Force. Hopefully I can make the next meeting. See ya guys then.

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well this was my first emeting and I wa sa little dissapointed, not intnhe peopl that came, who were all great to meet, but inthe numbers, hopefully we can bump it up. Im here to help anyway I can Cathie. Since th enext meeting will be closer to Halloween I think we should bring some costumes, and have some discussion about it. Also The PHXFF is having a meeting in a week, Im going to try and go for ideas, anyone have any?

Dustin

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    dsj, the TFF is just getting off the ground again. We are trying different meeting times and days to see what works. This will take time.

I saw your post at the PFF. I am a long time member of the PFF also as the TFF was not working for ages. cathie is a wonderful leader and has already done much to get this organization off the ground.

cathie, has a date been set for the next meeting?

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Trust me Im not trying to take anything away from Cathie, I alos have two kids and my hands full and just wanted to offer any help she, or nayone might need. Im goign to the PHXFF meting just to check it out since Ive enver eben to one before and want to see how they do things. I alos joined the Dune Sea Garrison since Im working on a Sith costue (hopefully they'll accept it). If anyone wants to car pool up tot he PHXX meting, I can take three, and I plan to go early to hit Toy Anxiety and snag another FX saber. I was just there yesteday and they were closed but could see an Anakin, Darth Vadre, and Mace Windu

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    We did not decide a date for the Sept meeting.. but I am proposing early in the month and early on a saturday morning.. say 10am.. so people can be there.. the monday idea seems to only accomodate three of us.. saturday seems to accomodate more of us.. though not sure about this.. rather than make a poll at this point.. just give me a few ideas on how everyone feels.. saturdays/ or another day of the week.. no matter what.. someone is going to be left out when it comes to what time to schedule a meeting.

As for PFF meeting.. I leave for arkansas on thursday and will not return until next wednesday. I am all for people going to PFF for ideas.. I have no problem with this idea.. in fact I was already planning on doing this myself.. I had been discussing this idea with Jada in detail in PM's.. but we never got anything definitive planned for August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.