Wash, DC August Meeting Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, I mean it, we're having a meeting in August! [face_praying]

Time to discuss when and where. I'm up for any date really except the 27th as its my Husband's birthday and we'll probably be doing something.

Discuss :)
  2. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    This weekend sucks.

I'm probably not free on the 20th.

The 27th I'm going to see Ghostbusters at the free Drivein in Centreville. You're all welcome to join me ;)

I guess that leaves the 13th for me.
  3. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm free the 14th, if you guys wanted to do it on a Sunday. Otherwise, it's my new standard "anyday around 1pm" line. :)
  4. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Sundays work for me as long as they're not too late since I get up at 5am on Monday *sigh*
  5. Republic_Trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saturdays and Sundays are good for me, but don't plan around me, I'm the new guy.:)
  6. KnightThomas Jedi Knight

star 1
    And I'm the random drifter who swings by every now and then and has yet to come to a meeting.

Since I have a job now, weekends would be much better for me lol :) but I still want to come to one since I have a car now it should be easier!
  7. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm afraid I'm busy EVERY weekend (and most weeknights) with my new show. WE OPEN AUGUST 5th and close on AUGUST 28TH so as you can see, I'll be very busy!
    That's AUGUST 5TH 2005 by the way. You know, THIS MONTH.
    NOT next month, NOT August 2006, but THIS month.

Just in case you were confused.

8. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bruce when are you going to do a show in Philly so I can see you!?! :)
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, aside from this weekend, I'm pretty much not free any other weekends, so you'll have to live without Ken and I in August. We might be free on a Friday night, if we're not on vacation.

Hm. Bruce's show opens when again? September sometime?

10. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, it's not in September.

He's doing a Christmas show in February. Duh!
  11. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, so shall we do this then on the 14th? I suggest we make a bbq out of it, what do you all think? Who wants to host it if we do that. If not, anything else is fine too.

Time? Midday? What do you think?
  12. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Fine, have a meeting with out us. We'll think of you as we're eating our lobsters. Hmph.
  13. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Yuck, lobster!

I can make it, but I can't offer my house this time around. Too many issues (and so little time that isn't taken up by FFXI :p ). So anybody know of a good pest control that humanely traps & relocates mice?
  14. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Well don't you have a cat? That's at least nature's way of telling the mice to get lost. [face_laugh]

Seriously, I know of a industrial trap that will only trap the mice, and several at a time, and you can transport them outside without harming them. If you want more info, let me know.
  15. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    It depends on the cat. If they've been indoor cats and not trained by momma then mousing doesn't come naturally. I've got two who are inept at mousing. They catch them, but they're just toys.

Goblin and Cairo, on the other hand, were outdoor cats (At least Goblin, she was a feral at the Lorton Prison before they closed.) They are great mousers. Goblin, once, caught about 4 mice in one day, and of course, left them for me as gifts (its a little creepy but sweet at the same time, its the cat's way of giving you something). She'd either leave them on the floor by my side of the bed, or at the foot of the chair I use for playing on the computer. I wouldn't have minded so much, except that I stepped on it. (I always toss the mice outside for the local foxes.)

Cairo is the selfish one, he eats them. LOL. I had to wrestle half a mouse from him once, LOL. I have to say, though, they are really really efficient.

Sorry to gross everyone out, heh.
  16. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ours corned it, but I'm not sure they knew what to do with it. And I'm sorry, but it was cute! I couldn't let them kill it. I'd rather have a professional come in for this. It's better to have the mice transported far away and to be sure that they're all gone, but thanx anyways....
  17. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don't mice carry diseases? I would think that'd spread around the house if the cat played with/ate it.

Could you make it a Jedi Lobster to go with the Squid and Ewok Village?
  18. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd be more worried about rats, than mice, but yes, all wild animals are likely to be carrying nasty diseases....
  19. PlayzOboe Jedi Knight

star 2
    My dog was the one who caught the mice...don't ask I have NO clue and she tended to catch them outside and then bring the bodies inside too...I'm thinking my cat and my dog are in the midst of some weird identity crisis since Obi-Cat greets me at the door meowing and wags his tail...

Sarah

So much for meeting planning LOL
  20. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh no, it's ok. I have a feeling we're not meeting again until after dragoncon. I surrender, LOL.

As far as dogs, what kind of dog do you have? A lot of dogs have the ratting bred into them. For example, terriers are the best ratters as well as dachsunds (bred to go to ground and pull out badgers!)

21. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's true my old mutt was a terrier mix and she caught mice, birds and a snake once as well.

*shudders*

Snakes, why did it haveto be snakes.

*shudders again*
  22. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I like snakes ;)

So no meeting this Sunday, then?
  23. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    I'd be willing to have a meeting, but it would probably be just you, Chas and me. It qualifies, but its pretty small. I'll leave it up to everyone else involved. :)
  24. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, since it would mean that I'd be having to take the minutes, I'm more inclined to just call it having lunch instead of a meeting. [face_laugh]

Seriously, we can certainly do a meeting, I'm still up for it, but considering that the August meeting will be smaller than the July meeting that was canceled, my thought is maybe we should just look to September, and have it at the Ren Fest since a lot more of us will be there. Hey, maybe we could all go in one big van and have the meeting on the way. :D
  25. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    But I would be taking the minutes, :D

So wanna make it a lunch then? Steph you up for that?

I was going to suggest the meeting be the renfair weekend as well. Apparently I'm throwing a cheesesteak party the night before, :D. Chas can you make that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.