Wash, DC August Meeting Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Correction Chrissy, we are throwing a Cheesesteak party. The GS should consider this a waveof things to come in the future.... [face_devil]
  2. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Hubby & I are up for lunch on Sunday. It'll be a hardship since it'll cut into our FFXI time, but I think we can manage :p

So when and where? That is always the question [face_laugh]

If it's just the 3 of us I suggest somewhere in Reston, Herndon, or Great Falls. Anybody have any great suggestions?
  3. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    I stand corrected, Wendy. I was also thinking about stopping at Omaha steaks when the time comes and seeing about those sirloin roasts for the samiches. :)

Steph, I'm bringing Kory along for the lunch and I think that Chas wants to also, so it should be 5 of us all together. I'm fine with just about anything. What's your favorite restaurant? Chas? Thoughts?

How about we do it at around 12 or 1 or something?
  4. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually, I have this sunday off (which is why I suggested that day) so we can start later if you want.

As for the Cheesesteak party: I work tha saturday, so I'll have to either drop by at like noon or one or at quarter of midnight (maybe even both! :D).

I'll also get to show off my new tattoo this Sunday. [face_dancing]

*EDIT*

I'm up for just about anything. There's a Chineese place in Reston that serves pretty decent Dim Sum in the afternoon. And there's always the ATR that I mentioned before. Or if someone can think of a good place in the area. I'm all ears.
  6. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok about that Cheesesteak party, I will know my schdule for the fall semester next week, so then I can tell you folks when I will be in town, but best bet that this would be a dinner party.
  7. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, what about 1pm on Sunday? Steph, do you eat chinese? I'd be up for that. :) Where should we meet?

Chas, stop in any time you like for the Cheesesteak party (We ought to make this our tradition, instead of a BBQ like the rest of the unwashed masses ( [face_devil] ) we have cheesesteak parties). I have a feeling we'll be up around midnight that night, Heh.
  8. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I am taking some grad school classes but one falls on a Saturday so until December I seriously doubt I'll be able to attend any Saturday afternoon meetings. :(
  9. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    This is a Sunday gathering as will be the one for the pirate renfair thing. Just so you know. I know we've been wandering all over the place on this thread, LOL. The Cheesesteak thing will be saturday, but we're still in the planning stages for that one.
  10. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Liz just put in your order for what you want on your cheesesteak and it will be waiting for you when you get to Chrissy's house Saturday night. :)

You know with all the bad news I had to deal with today, talking about cheesesteaks makes me happy. lol
  11. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I do eat Chinese, though it's been a long time since I had dim sum. My only other suggestion would be brunch at this Irish place in Ashburn that serves Irish Cream French Toast. I haven't managed to get my ass over there to try it yet. But I love Chinese too, so somebody else make the decision :p

Edit: Oh, the Irish place serves brunch from 11-3 so time is not a problem. Here's the website if you wanted to take a look.
  12. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, does the chinese place do other food besides Dim Sum? I'd like to do the Irish place, but the menu is very carby and I'm not sure I'll be able to eat much from it.

Let's do the Chinese! :)

13. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    did minxy say french toast????

I LOVE french toast. best food ever. [face_love]
  14. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Chinese it is, then.

SB, if you move out here, we'll celebrate at the Irish place with the french toast ;)

Edit: Stallion, what's the name of the place? Where exactly is it? And we decided on 1pm, right?
  15. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Liz & Chrissy, is that where we're looking to move anyway? I need to get down there a few times and really drive around so I can get a feel for the area still. 8-}
  16. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    The name of the place is called Fortune. They're at 1428 North Point Village Ctr. in Reston. It's right off Reston Pkwy. between the Town Centre area and Rt. 7.

Their Chineese food itself isn't worth going out of your way for (it's the Dim Sum that's the draw, really), in fact the only place in NoVA that seems to have good Chineese food is Hope Key in Arlington.

DT, I'm more than 80% certain there are a few meat-only dishes available on the Dim Sum carts. I was there the other week, and I'm pretty certain me and a friend of mine had some duck.

17. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    oh is Chrissy moving in with us? ;)

Loudon County is on my list but it isn't the only place we should consider. Hell, I need to get a feel for the place! All I really know is Prince William County! I have only been to Loudon County once!
  18. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I'm very familiar with Eastern Loudoun County, just don't ask me to show you around Ashburn *shudders*. Let me know when you're gonna be up here and I'll help you look around ;)
  19. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    So, are we set with this? Fortune in Resotn at 1pm? I'm going to call about reservations today or tomorrow. So far I have 7 (the five of us + Ken2 & Vicki). Is anyone else coming that we dn't know about?
  20. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Kory's coming too. :)

Is Fortune in the same shopping center as the baskin Robbins and the Boston Market and Burger King? And the pet shop and the Giant?
  21. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is there a Baskin Robbins there? I can't recall seeing one. but there is a Giant and Boston Market. There's also a Radio Shack, a GNC, a photo place and a liquor store all in the area, though.
  22. Republic_Trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    What date guys? Count me in if you will have me.[face_praying]
  23. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Please, come join us! Its this Sunday at 1. I guess we meet at the restaurant, that seems reasonable.

And Chas as I recall there's a baskin robbins there, but who knows, maybe they've closed.
  24. Republic_Trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, how will I know you guys when I get there? Mabey I could go around to each table and ask, "Are you guys the Star Wars fans?" Eventually, I would run into you!
  25. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll bring our mascot (R2) and set him on the table. Shouldn't be too hard to find us. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.