main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL August Meeting...Please make a Sticky!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by vampyregodz, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    While I have the meeting scheduled for August 20th I have seen allot of responses of people unable to make it, this will ultimately be up to Ross, Denise and Marie, but is Sunday the 21st any better for people since elections need to be done? We can make this an early meeting noon-6pm, noon-2 jedi belts 2-4 lightsaber building and 4-6 elections and discussions???

Discuss...

Input from the powers that be would be greatly appreciated!

Our house is 20-25 minutes outside of Tampa off exit 19 of I4

Also Ross, Denise and Marie...are all positions up for re-election? or are filled positions left filled until vacated? Just curious how the club charter works and if there is a club charter available for review

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I still plan on coming...I know that either does not work for everyone due to work schedules. There has been only minimul interest in the open positions, especially since numbers dwindle during the summer months.

I would prefer to discuss the election thing in person with everyone as it is just too much to type. Maybe that would be a better idea for Aug. is to discuss it and find out who is really interested in what. I know some fans may be stepping down from positions in the near future. What do you all think?

3. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Even though I'm up here in Indy, I am still a member of TB 1138. I hope that we all agree that democracy is important and that all positions be up for election unless it's uncontested.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    At this time, since we have not really used the charter except for the minor policy. No one really signed it except Aaron and he is now 19... when we can get enough of us together we can discuss it......the structure has been very loose, since close friends and only a few veteran's come on a regular basis. I will find the copys of the other charters I pulled off the internet at the time. Not all chapters have one.

Eric some positions are also hard to change on a regular basis and can cause more problems then its worth. Also you have to be committed to the position period and attend meetings and such.

Right now, the best time seems to be after all the events have calmed down ( there are many over the next few months)...I suggest that everyone check out other chapters charters and print off the one that YOU feel fits the chapter and it's members the best.

I will also consult with the regional rep in Atlanta since that person has had a lot of experience with so many different chapters and also global rep....I will see him at DC in a few weeks.

Until then just have fun doing all the events that we have coming up....I know we will be busy, but this also gives everyone the time to work on this and also time to make sure that they are at this very special meeting....most likely with the events and holidays fast approaching we are looking at Jan. 2006.

5. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Committment is very important. If you want to be an elected officer or anything in life for that matter, you have to take it seriously. Obviously coming to meetings is a must.

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I have no problem with either day...what about everyone else?

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Please firm up your plans for Sat. meet at Joe's in Plant City. That way Joe & Shiela know how many are attending.

Shiela, what can I bring?

Joe please PM me with directions.
    Thanks

8. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    I would prefer Sunday the 21st for the meeting. This day is more convenient for my schedule.

9. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Please confirm that you are going to Joe's place for this months meeting/get together here. Just add your name to list ONLY if you are going to be there FOR SURE. Meaning if you say your going to show up then please do so, dont back out at the last minute. We need to have a head count for this meeting so things can be talked about and taking care of. And Joe can then switch the day from Saturday to Sunday if need be to help out with peoples schedules.

Joe&Sheila
    Ross&Denise
    Maire

please cut and paste the list and add yourself in so the list grows and we dont have to keep going back and forth to read the list.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

10. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Joe&Sheila
    Ross&Denise
    Maire
    Matt and Annie

11. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Joe & Sheila
    Ross & Denise
    Marie
    Matt & Annie

12. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Joe & Sheila
    Ross & Denise
    Marie
    Matt & Annie
    Gabrielle

13. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    PLEASE cut and paste your name here for this meeting, many things will be talked about at this meeting.

Thank you.

14. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    Joe & Sheila
    Ross & Denise
    Marie
    Matt & Annie
    Gabrielle
    Bert, Leighnn and the kids

15. Eddiehorror

Eddiehorror Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Joe & Sheila
    Ross & Denise
    Marie
    Matt & Annie
    Gabrielle
    Bert, Leighnn and the kids
    Ed & Lydia

THis is still saturday right?

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Yes I beleive so.

17. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hello, my name is Brian. I am new to the area and new to the group. I am interested in meeting new people, making new friends. I love Star Wars and am eager to be involved in your SW group. I work on Saturday's however, but would like to be updated on any goings on. My email address is Briansview13905@yahoo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon. And may the force be with you..........

Sincerely,
    Brian

18. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Welcome to the forums Brian. Always good to meet another Star Wars fan.

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Welcome Brian and yes we will let you know what is coming up.

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Just got out a terrible downpour and flash flooding, on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.