main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August meeting - Sunday, Aug. 16 2 PM - Dungeons & Drafts in Ft. Collins

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by thejackal327, Jul 20, 2015.

1. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I don't want to sound too much like of a nag, but I'm going to revisit the discussion about going to Dungeons and Drafts up in Ft. Collins. Our August meeting is currently scheduled for August 15th, at Village Inn. I've noticed a few people will be attending the "Star Wars Day" at D&D on Sunday the 16th. Would there be any interest in piggy-backing on their event and meeting up in Ft. Collins on Sunday instead? Their event doesn't start until 4:00, so we could meet before hand for our meeting and then join in the festivities. I put it to the group at large...

2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I love this idea! It's an hour drive for me so that's not too bad.

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    We may be taking a trip in August. I am not sure what weekend that will involve, but I am open to the idea.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i think that this would be fun...i have been wanting to check out that place and love old town fort collins.

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm liking the idea, and weather shouldn't be a factor in a summer month, let me start a poll.

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Meeting will be up North this month at Dungeons and Drafts. (Click link to left for their web site)

Sunday, August 16
    2 PM
    Dungeons and Drafts
    1624 S Lemay Ave # 6, Fort Collins, Co

They will be having "Sci-Fi costume day" from 4 pm - 11 pm that day. Their event will consist of sci-fi-inspired drinks. Perhaps we should hold the meeting part before then?

They do have food, but not a full menu. Several appetizers, soup, salads, sandwiches, 6 entrees. Full menu here.

Those under 21 are allowed in and are welcome at the meeting...however, non-adult beverages only for those padawans.

7. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Love DND: I go all the time and was a kickstarter.

But: Just so you know, Mountain Garrison SRS will be having their meet and greet then, too, which is what started the Star Wars Sci Fi day (Name changed due to LFL rules). Make sure there is plenty of room and make reservations, because there will be a slew of people there. Sunday is pretty busy for them.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  8. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I have that Sunday off so I should be able to make it up there for both meetings. And drinks. And food. And fun. And.....

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Bump.

thejackal327, can we make a reservation for our group?

10. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    Already done :)

he-guy, AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    this was a great location!!!!! :D thanks for the suggestion!

12. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Good times were had! Thanks everyone for making the trip.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm jealous I missed it, anyone take pics?

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

The group pic is up on the Facebook event, but here it is, too.
    [​IMG]

thejackal327 took notes as she ran the meeting, so she'll post those, I'm sure.

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Oh DANG!! I knew there was something I forgot!! I went to Malcon for the day instead.

16. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    RMFF August Meeting​
    8/16/15 3:20 PM​
    Dungeons and Drafts​
    ROLL CALL AND RAFFLE
    13 members in attendance: AuttyBot, obi_wannabe, Pagil M’gar, nnaydolem, grimby, thebreadnappa, theJackal327, ladyblues, Katsu Ma’Koy, SithChick, DieWompratDie, Fanforced, Nerferders
    Topic: Board games vs. card games?

OLD BUSINESS
    -Star Wars Night at Coors Field – August 22nd at 6:10. Those participating in the costume parade need to be at the main concourse no later than 4:45
    -Midnight Madness – Sept 4th at Toys R Us. Some members may be meeting at the Westminster location, but no formal events are planned
    -Hauntings at the Hangar – Oct 31st, 9-4. A sign-up sheet will be circulated after the planning meeting. Attendees are asked to bring a bag or two of candy.
    -Episode VII Premier: Melody will be contacting the Continental Theatre to organize a group presence

NEW BUSINESS
    -Rocky Mountain Con – generating interest in who would attend. Jackie is reaching out to Kurt to determine if the other groups would like to join forces (pun intended). Jackie will post additional details on the boards when she has them.
    -Float – WOTR has sold the hangar in which float building has taken place in the past. Any float building will need to be done at Kim and Jeff’s, and would prefer to be done by mid-October. A design with working plans needs to be agreed upon soon. Kim will try bumping the conversation on the boards.

STAR WARS NEWS
    Dungeons and Drafts hosted a “sci-fi day” on Aug 16th complete with costumes and themed drinks

TREASURER’S REPORT
    Balance of $453.53

GROUP PHOTO
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...42438998984/10153182471328985/?type=1&theater

DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great job thejackal327! Double duty again, you rock!

thejackal327 likes this.
  18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Did we say when and where the next meeting will be?

20. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    According to what we decided at the January meeting, we'll be at VI on Sept 19th. I'm sure this is open to discussion though.

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

The 501st is having a Meet and Greet at 6 pm at a Village Inn on 120th that day, so as long as ours is earlier it shouldn't conflict.
    Although I feel bad for someone going to both and eating VI food twice in one day...

22. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    Would it be better or worse if we tried to meet at the same location, and have our meeting before 6? That's less timing for those who do double duty, but two meetings in a row up north.

23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I will actually be in town this time around. I'd like to be attending a Masters of the Universe event at the Egyptian Theater in L.A. that weekend, but... my wife says we already RSVP'D to a family friend's wedding the evening of the 19th.

Would anyone be opposed to holding the meeting at 1pm at the regular location, so it will be more of a late lunch and people can still make their evening obligations?

24. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    No objections here. Would you like to try to meet first and then have everyone order food, or is that bad restaurant manners?

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Meeting at 1 pm is fine with me. I'll create the FB invitation.

I think food and then meeting sounds good.