main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE August Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Well I guess, from looking at the calender, that August's meeting is actually this coming Sunday.
    So as normal, you all will be invited to gather at my place, for two occasions...
    First and foremost is the birthday of the mighty Rhi-Lan..
    Secondly is that this will be the last meeting in this apartment, as I move the end of August. Hope to see you there!

2. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    I'll bring cake!!

3. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Any "special requests" there Rog?

4. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    No one will be jumping out of the cake. Silly boys.

5. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well you cant blame me for trying!!

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    You aren't jumping outta the cake?! What's up with that. Forget it! I'm not coming! Just kidding. Want me to bring Daredevil, Mark? You can close your eyes during the Ben Affleck parts.

7. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    If thats what it takes to get you to show up, I can handle Ben.

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Just make sure you open your eyes for Jennifer Garner's parts!

9. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001

What time is the gathering? We're going to be in Kansas City this weekend, but should be back by Sunday late afternoon/evening.

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Same as always....4:30-5'ish, or whenever you can show!

11. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Only one request... Everyone tell me I still look like a spring chicken. OR... girls in metal bikinis on trampolines. OR... peace in N. Korea. DAMMIT! I'm no good at this wish making thing. I'd just be happy to see everyone there... with smiles... and money... and toys... and girls in metal on trampolines... and compliments... and a declaration of peace for the world... and cake... and a letter of apology from Lucasarts for that whole Galaxies fiasco... and...

12. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I should be there around 5 or so. We have to run some errands so my arrival time will be dependant on when we get done.

Hey Mark- if you want, I can bring some of my Amtgasrd weapons. Maybe do a little sparring in the courtyard area. Plus, I have some new creations besides the swords.

13. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Sounds good Craig....

14. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I'm on my way. I'm also bringing those City Builder CD-Roms incase you wanted to adopt any of them.

15. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    Hey, it's Chris. Just wanted to write a quick note to show you I now have access to both the OFF and TFN boards for our group, and to thank you all for welcoming me into the group so readily.

Everyone was friendly and fun and I had a great time at the meeting. It was everything I had hoped and then some. (Well, we needed a woman to slither up from out of the cake, but hell, you can't have EVERYTHING! =) )

Happy Birthday again, Rog, and boy do you look like a spring chicken. What's that I heard about you challenging Lance Armstrong in next year's Tour de France?!? I'm also working on peace for the Korean peninsula for ya, but my Korean is rusty since it's been almost a decade since I studied over there and that may limit my effectiveness...

I'm really thinking hard about getting an Xbox and KOTOR so I can kill time more effectively between job apps to Omaha's disinterested employers. God, that game is orgasmically cool.

I'm also working on my PC concept for our RPG, and I'll probably have to head to Mark's early on Sunday to complete it. I may be using one of the templates discussed in the Hero's Guide, so I'll probably need that and some time, but I'll get it done. Never fear!

Looking forward to seeing you all again and hanging out this Sunday. I'm working to remember names and faces, and hopefully I won't be too bad when I see you all again.

If any of you have any cool Websites that you think I should check out, please E-mail me or post them to this thread and I'll check them out. Just trying to "get in" on the stuff that you guys may regularly be checking out, so my transition into the group will be as seamless as possible. Thanx...

I also am interested in getting one of those replica lightsabers like Mark had, preferably Dark Side stuff (Vader's in particular). Anyone know where to get them, E-mail me or post to this thread. Thanks!

Again, thanks for welcoming me. You are all real cool and I'm glad I met you. Please feel free to contact me if you want to schmooze or just want to get to know me better. See you all again on Sunday, hopefully, for the roleplaying...

CHRIS ARMIGER (Darth Tharon)
    E-mail: Roger_Clemens_12@yahoo.com
    Phone: (402) 334-8969 (8 AM-10PM only please; answering machine available for messages, thanks!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.