main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI August Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, here is the thread! yay. Anyway my ideas are as follows.

1. LaserTag, Ok I know it's expensive and all but its a blast. If you put money aside now it wont be so hard when August comes around. We could do the Friday thing. Or one of us could find out how much it would be to rent it for a night (if we did that we obviously would have to invite the Milwaukee group. Which I think would be cool).

2. Bowling, My friends and I went the other night and its pretty fun. And REALLY cheap too. Thats the best part for me. We could play a few games then go somewhere to eat again. I know that there is a bowling alley on Cottage grove road and the Culvers is right across the street. (Also someplace has cyberbowling...that might be cool seeing it's more sci-fiish.

3. We could either go to a movie or watch one at my house. Of course we will most likely be doing that for The DVD release which will be the September meeting.

4. Vitense Golf Course, My grandma lives right by there so I go there all the time and its great fun. We could play some mini golf and look odd doing it but it would be great. And of course if we wanted some food or custard, Michaels is right across the street.

So those are my grad ideas if you all have any others feel free to post them. We still have a long time before August rolls around. Also I was thinking we should have the meeting take place after Wizard World, that way I could bring all my pics and show you guys. Wizard World is the 13-15th so anytime after that would be cool. And of course it all is pending on when I work and when you all work. So here is the thread post away.

Forcebewitya!

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Go carts???
    Where can we do that around here?

Just thought of the idea.

I know there is that place in Marshall (I think that's the town) called Little America (not sure if that's the name either). They have mini-golf abd go carts there. The park is meant for little kids, but we could still have fun there.

If there are other places for go carts, I'll be up for that.

Just a thought.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    lol
    Sounds cool

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Go carts???
    Where can we do that around here?

GOOD IDEA RICK! I know where we can go as well. It's called Bogie's it's I think a mini golf place too (hence the name) but they have a pretty good go-kart track. I was just in the dells go karting that was a blast. So I definitly think we should do that. I can get directions. And maybe coupons (We have a Bucky book that should have some in it unless my family has already used 'em). But we can plan it. I think they have food there too. Well I shall look into it. And btw its on the west side towards Middleton I believe.

Forcebewitya!

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well first thing first
    Anything like go karts or Mini Golf and such.
    I'll need a ride

6. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I have posted many times that I will offer a ride to those who need it. Yet, no one has taken me up on it, or maybe didn't need to.

Anyway, what's the word on the next meeting?
    When (date AND time), where, etc.???

Or is it too early to make such definite decisions?
    I don't think it is, but who knows?

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You guys decide yet? I want to put something up for you in the Mid-West newsletter.

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Nothing has been decided yet.

I think we were waiting for Forcebewitya to let us know when he can get us into the go-carts with his coupons and etc.

I'm hoping he lets us know soon.

I think I am available most weekends in August. The later in August it gets, the more school and other things begin to creep in on us, so the earlier the better is my thoughts.

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah I return to class last week of August, so we better decide soon

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok, how bout the weekend after I get back from Wizard World? I do have about three coupons in my wallet as I type, and thats buy one get one free. So if that weekend works for all of you I believe it works for me as well.

Forcebewitya!

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    That would mean Saturday August 21st (with Sunday being the rain-day), right?

What time is best for all?
    What time does the place open?

I will give a ride to anyone who needs one to Middleton and back.

Let's make these plans quick, so we can close off that date and time from other plans that might come up.

I have plans the weekend after that one, and Brent has plans the weekend before it. So if we need to change it at all, it will have to be moved to something sooner or pushed to September.

Just FYI.

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds good I will of course need a ride,
    I'll either have you meet me at my house or someplace else, easier to find

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm afraid that that weekend won't work for me. I actually have just been made aware that my family had planned to go up to some lake for that weekend. I also usually work on Saturdays so if we want to meet on a Saturday I'll have to know in advance long enough to ask off. But if any other day would work that would be better for me.

Forcebewitya!

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Well, it looks like August will be meeting-less.

This weekend is way too short notice.
    The next weekend Brent is going to Wizard World.
    The weekend after that I have plans.
    The last weekend of the month Brent has more plans.

So, that takes care of August.

How about this?
    Brent starts a new topic for September and tells us which weekend works for him, and we see if we can match him on it???

Otherwise, I have nothing for solutions.

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, how bout the first weekend in September. I can tell me jobs that I'll come in a little later I just need to know ahead of time. I do start the weekend after the weekend of my "family gettaway". But I figure if we meet while school is still kinda in the premature phase where not much is going on yet it'll work better. We also NEED to have a big Party/Meeting here for the OT on DVD. So maybe we could do that the weekend after it comes out on the 21st. One more thing though...this will depend on how I am doing at that point because about 5 days before the release I am having my wisdom teeth out... :( not looking forward to that at all. Anyway those are my suggestions. I'll post a new thread once I figure out more about job scheduling.

Forcebewitya!

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, no meeting for this month.

September looks to be a better chance at meeting. I'll have to check my calendar for any coming events I have to attend that might conflict.

When will you be getting the OT DVD?

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    As soon as I can, I hope to work a show going on September 2nd and 3rd. So I should have some money.
    The problem is Highlander season 5 came out yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.