main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I know its early and we haven't even had July's yet, but I would like to suggest going bowling. Depending on what weekend deals they have I'd love to go. I went for some late night bowling with 2 friends last night and had a blast. The deal we got was 10pm-12am unlimited bowling for about 9 bucks including shoe rental. Ususally its 4 per game and 3 shoe rental. We may need to find a deal simular to the one I got except for weekends, because I'm not sure I wanna pay $4 per game...

2. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I retract my suggestion because I can't make it on Sundays. Sundays are when they have the good deals not saturdays. I am trying to get a new job so depending on how that goes....anyway Kevin said something about watching the Star Wars Xman special or something? wanna do that instead?

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Star Wars Christmas Special. Let me know.

JMK

4. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    lol

I just realized I put Star Wars Xman special..

I meant to put X-Mas short for Christmas.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I just realized I put Star Wars Xman special..

My favorite part is when Chewbacca and Sabretooth get into a fight after Han Solo notices Storm standing under the mistletoe.

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I especially like it when Cyclops uses his vision to light the Christmas candles, but is bumped (by accident?) by R2 and cooks a couple of Ewoks. Oh well, since Leia screwed up on the Turkey, BBQ'd Ewoks sounds like a good Christmas dish to me.

JMK

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I've got a box full of San Diego Comic-Con freebie goodies for everyone to go through at our next meeting. A guy with the San Diego FF was helping me with a couple of things and then just sent this box with lots of cool stuff that you guys can help yourself to - Posters, promo cards, postcards, promo CD's, comics, magazines, books, pins, patches, and other giveaways. It's not just Star Wars either, there's stuff relating to LOTR, anime, Stargate, manga, Superman, Species III, Yu-Gi-Oh, Marvel, DC, Sci-Fi Channel, and tons more. Hopefully they'll be something for everyone that's interested.

8. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    *drools* free stuff....

9. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi All, well I hope you all like the BOX of stuff i sent or atleast the stuff that Dal--Intrepid lets you see hee hee!!!
    I just wanted to stop by and say Hi to All of you, stop by the SanDiegoStarWarsSociety Forums some time i allso am on the theforce.net Forums Collecting mostly thats where I hang out!!!
    talk to you all later!!! and take care!!!

JediLuner OUT!!!

aka Kenneth

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Thanks Dal and JediLuner. Free stuff is always great.

So, when is a good time for everyone to meet.

JMK

11. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    Saturdays before 5pm. I gotta be at work at 5 so...that's my avalability. thanks dalton and kenneth. On a side note, I am applying for several jobs and my avalability may increase if I can snag a new, better job. wish me luck!

12. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Good Luck in your job search.

JMK

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Ha! I just got a second package from JediLuner which was a poster tube filled with some cool stuff. Are there any GI Joe fans in our group? There's some cool posters in there as well as some more anime-related items and a pretty sweet poster promoting the animated ALIAS series.

Don't worry JL! The only things I've taken out so far are the items I asked for in the first place and then I went ahead and pulled out the SW stuff there were lots of duplicates of - mostly the promotional inserts.

14. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    *drools* more free stuff....

15. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey , Dal--Intrepid , you best get what you want hee hee it will be gone in a flash, the way the guys are =P~
    drooling =P~
    over it!!!

16. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    This Saturday and next Saturday are a bust for me. My wife is going to Raleigh this Sat. to go shopping with her mom, and next Sat we are celebrating her Birthday.

How about this Sunday, the 22nd, or next Sunday, the 29th? We need a place to host it as well, if we're going to watch the Christmas Special, or some place to go and do something.

Speak up everyone. Where are you Q (Kevin G)?

JMK

17. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    I'm here, just waiting for you guys to decide where we gonna meet and what we gonna do. Doesn't matter to me but I can't host so I'm just checking the board from time to time to see where we are meeting and when. I'm free most of the time on the weekends but I have noticed you guys often have things planned so I'm waiting for you guys to pick a time and place.

18. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    well as of right now I am free almost all of the time. I am no longer employed so I will be job hunting most of the time during weekdays, but right now weekends are fine. I have been obsessed over star wars galaxies and havent been online for the regular internet much at all. Anywhoo, the 29th is fine with me unless something comes up at the last minute.

Robby

My place is a total disaster area so unless I can clean this week I can't host.

19. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    What happened to the job at the BBQ place? Are you alright?

Sunday sounds fine by me. I'll try to talk my wife into going to Raleigh that day. Would love to have you guys and gals over.

Does 2pm sound good to everyone? I'll provide sodas, chips, dip, cookies. Bring what ever you want.

Robbie, I'll pick you and April up around 1:40 if that is alright with you. Would love to see that Trooper armor 1st hand.

Remember, this is if my wife will be up in Raleigh. We may need a back up, but I think she wants to go see her parents that Sunday.

I'll know later today or tomorrow.

JMK

20. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    Ill bring the armor and suit up there then. Just a bunch of stupid crap went on is all I'm saying about the job situation.

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I think Sunday is good for me. I have family coming into town most of the weekend, but I believe I can get away for a while.

22. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Good morning everyone!

Great news, I will be able to host our next meeting.

So, here it is:

Where - Kevin H's house

When - Sunday, Aug 29th @ 2pm

What to Bring - yourself and any thing you want to share with the group (i.e. Dalton, the free box of goodies; Robbie, TK Armor, etc)

Food - I'll provide Chips, Dip, Cookies and Soda. Bring what ever else you want.

Let me know whose coming.

JMK

(Robbie & April, I'll pick you up around 1:40, if that's ok)

23. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    yeeaahh hi, yeaahhhhh that would be greeaaaaat...yeeaahhhhhhh.

Man I wanna see office space again.

24. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    It went so great. sat back with some doritos and freetos and watched the "greatest" holiday special EVER. The Star Wars Holiday Special! ugh.... Then I suited up in my TK armor for everyone and took some pics. We checked out a few pieces of Kevin's sweeeet Darth Vader costume and then unloaded all the freebies Dalton brought.

thanks to Kevin for hosting and Dalton for the freebies, and Kevin G. for the awesome cookies.

Robby
    TK-4798

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Imperials jamming to Jefferson Starship, Bea Arthur dancing and singing with drunk aliens, Wookies having cyber-sex with Diane Carrol. Is there a better way to spend your Star Wars holiday?

I think not.

Rewatching that for the first time in a few years brought back some memories, not all of them pleasant. I always tell people that complain about their jobs to spend a summer working in tobacco. I guess we should tell people that complain about the Special Editions or the PT to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.