August Meeting!

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay, FL' started by vampyregodz, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Gang

Just got off the phone with Marie, and she suggested I post in here the proposal for the August meeting!

What I would like to do is offer up our house ( we have a pretty big house) out in Plant City to hold the meeting and also have a BBQ for our meal. This will be a leather workshop and lightsaber building meeting also! I have enough leather for everyone that comes to make their own Jedi Belt, if you have any greebles you would like to add to the belt bring them too, this is leather i was going to throw away as it is not big enough peices to use for the wrestling belts so i think this will be allot of fun...I also talked to Bert about doing a Saber building class this day also, I have a Lowes less than 3 minutes from my house so for basically under 30.00 Bert will be able to show you how to make an awesome custom Saber...I think this will be a very fun and productive meeting...

I am shooting to do this on August 20th...we aere only about 20 minutes from Tampa so its not very far at all, we are just a few blocks from the strawberry festival fairgrounds!

Also any other projects you want to work on will be welcome, I have a full aray of tools including a metal lathe full sized craftsman scroll saw, all the leather working tools you could ever imagine, plus a video game room with arcade machines, x-box ps2 and game cube all hooked up, there will be tons of stuff to do!

Sorry but no pool!

Post your feelings hope to hear from you soon!

Joe
  2. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [face_dancing] That sounds fabulous!!! I think it is a great idea!=D=
  3. Allysium Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds like it will be lots of fun; I will definitely be there! I can't wait to make a Jedi Belt and Saber! Thanks Joe!
  4. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds cool Joe I can bring some things of my own as well, I have some leahter working tools and some electronics stuff I can bring to talk about how to add lights and stuff to ships and what not. So count Denise and I in.

5. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    sounds awesome sounds like this will be a very fun and productive meeting!
  6. Eddiehorror Jedi Padawan

Works for me. Only if i get to play with C-lo, AND make my own belt!
  7. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    C-Lo is my English Bulldog for those that do not know who like to hump Eddiehorror, no one else...just Ed
  8. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    This sounds awesome! And my schedule looks clear! I am really looking forward to this! I'll post a list of materials for the "Vader-esq" lightsaber youve all seen me wearing around. It's the most inexpensive one that I know of so we'll go with that. Of course they dont ALL have to look the same, imagination and personal preference plays a huge part in building your own lightsaber. I built mine using a website called "Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box", and after building my first two from there I am now desinging my own.
    Anyway, Ill post a list of basic materials soon.
    Later
  9. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Also for those that do want to build a saber and dont have a chance to shop before you get to the house we can make a Lowes field trip really quick!

I also have extra covertec knobs and clips that I bought wholesale that I will pass along at that price, for those needing holsters etc i will have a pattern by then also!

as for the belts anyone wanting Anakin authentic buckles I have them they cost me like 10.00 ea and i only have a dozen so PM me to hold one for you!

10. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm there too and will bring my tools and drain pipe to start my lightsaber. Also will get a food list together so we can get that settled. Sounds like it will be a great time Joe.!!!
  11. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't really bring any of the stuff I used to make some of blasters I have for my costumes, but I can bring them and show you how to do stuff like I have done and make your own for not much. I have a long blaster sniper rifle and blaster pistol I made for costumes I will bring for show and tell. Also I will bring my holster I made for my pistol and some other stuff I have worked on.

See you guys there.
  12. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK gang, here's the list of the parts you'll need and where to get them for the lightsaber style like I carry around:

1 1/2" X 12" sink tailpiece x1 (Lowe's)
    Set of PYLON # 24 rubber wiper refills x1 (Wal-Mart)
    Length of 1 1/4" PVC, 160 psi rated x1 (Lowe's)
    Pack of ELCO 1" D-rings (picture hanging equipment) x1 (Ace Hardware)
    1 3/8" Metal hole plug x1 (Lowe's)
    # 10 X 1" Thumbscrew x1 (Lowe's)
    # 10 hexnut x1 (Lowes)
    # 8 brass knurled nut x1 (Lowe's)
    Rubber beveled faucet washer, approx. 1/2" diameter x1 (Lowe's)
    1 1/4" rubber slip joint washer x1 (Lowe's)
    Plastic Fujifilm 35mm film canister x1 (any film developer)
    20-pin low profile socket RS#276-1991 x1 (Radio Shack)

We can also make an "Anakin" style with the same parts, they are very similar.
    You only need one of each as noted above, but it would be wise to get at least two of each just in case, that's what I did on my first one and actually ended up with two whole sabers.
    I'll be bringing along some miscelaneous tools, my grinder and rivet gun for all to use. It would be nice if some people picked up a box of rivets, trust me, they go fast. Also, if someone has a Dremmel rotary tool, bring it, I have a Black and Decker, bettery powered one and its not that good, plug in is much better so bring them along!
    If I forgot anything Ill post it when I remember. Thats it people, get shopping!!!
    Later
  13. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Got rivits got a very nice Dremel with all kinds of attachments, plus some of the parts listed and a few others.
  14. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also have 2 dremmels here for use buy members who do not have dremmels, and a scroll saw and lathe if you want to customize the tube!

Also I will be placing an order this week for covertec knobs in black if i get a big enough order they will be like 8.00 ea so anyone wanting a covertec PM me it will be with the knob and belt clip!

15. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
  16. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    MATERIAL LIST UPDATE:

Can of black, spray on "Plasti-dip" can be picked up at Lowes as well.
    Also, the knobs are great if you want to do the prequel style of belt clip, personally I go with a more classic style keychain clip, that can be found in the automotive section of Walmart real cheap.
    Thanks Joe!
    Later
  17. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, Leighann and I just went on a shopping spree for new lightsabers, it actually started out as one for me, but while looking through materials, Leighann started brainstorming so now she's building her first! Hopefully we can showcase these at the meeting, as with any lightsaber, they are easy to build and should take no more than a day or two, but one of the parts for mine is extremely difficult to get so here's hoping that Ill have it done in time...
    this is gonna be great!!
    Later
  18. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My scout blaster is coming along nice also but it is a price porp to make, I am taking pictures as I go. I will not do a final put together on it till I get to the meeting and show you all how it goes together. Also I will bring my other blasters to show you parts I used on them.
  19. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Skyshark, I am having a hard time finding the end piece for the lightsaber. I have everything except that. Any suggestions? Perhaps a pic of yours?
  20. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the plumbing section at Lowes ask for a pipe endcap
  21. skyshark93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is it the 1 3/8" Metal hole plug x1 (Lowe's)? Here's a pic:
    [image=http://fl501st.com/photo/albums/userpics/10391/holeplug2.jpeg]
    I've been having problems getting them too. Dont bother with Home Depot, they are clueless. Last time I asked for them exactly as a 1 3/8 metal hole plug and fortunately I had someone who knew their stuff. If its someone clueless they will try to sell you some plastic crap, just go find someone else.
    Hope this helps.
    Later
  22. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    =D= Thank you Bert. That is exactly what I needed. Now I can find it on my own. Can't wait to get started on my large and small (for Alex)lightsaber. I have been working on Ross's Jedi Costume and it is coming along nicely. Should be ready for the Warwick Davis event.
  23. SithFan1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I need to know what i have to get extra for my Captain Antilles costume. Boots, no problems. just in the dark about the rest
  24. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You'll need to go with her to Jo-Ann's to get the stuff to make it and get measured up for it also. I will be going soon over to Tandy leather to get some things for my boots and get leather for my jedi belt also if you can make it.
  25. Deesa_Notta_Mynamm Jedi Padawan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.