main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN August meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    The August meeting will be on August 8th at 6:30pm at The Rave theater in East Ridge, TN. PM me for directions if you don't know where it is.

We are going to order our Chattooine t-shirts as well. If you would like one (our logo on front with your name (optional) on back), we'll have a complete price list at the meeting. If we can get more than 12, I think the price is around $14, but if we get more than 24, it's around $12. Otherwise, if you go to Quick Tees on Brainerd Road, you can get one for around $18. There's a few more options that we can discuss at the meeting, but if you would like to get in on the discount, we'll collect money for them at the meeting.

Along with the other stuff we'll discuss, we'll also be making nominations for the board members. All through August, people can campaign for the various positions with the actual vote to take place at the September meeting. Details can be found at our other website, www.chattooine.com.

See ya there!

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004

can you put me down for a t-shirt Vesp? :D

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    check! We're still working oout the final design. We have the logo down, but since we can have so much space on the front (and unlimited colors) we're looking for an image to go with it. Maybe even the "Sith Happens" as well. Would you want your name on the back for $1 more? Which name would you want (since you seem to have so many...) :p

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    yes, my name on the back would be sweet. and "Sarka" is fine :cool: no need to put all my socks or RPG names on there ;)

are you guys thinking of putting the "sith happens" on this shirt, or making a second? i'll buy both if you do two. :)

oh, and i might be able to make this month's meeting too. :D

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I should have meeting notes up soon. As soon as LordJohn gets them up on the other site, I'll reprint them here.

We'll have an online follow-up meeting tonight at 9:00pm eastern. Go to our Yahoo Group site and click "chat" to be in on it.

6. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    August 2005 meeting notes

Board Member Nominations: There was a couple of names tossed around. When Jess gets to feeling better, she'll start a thread with the ones who has been nominated. If you would like to nominate someone for an elected post (President, VP, Media Relations, Secretary, and Treasurer), please PM Jess. She will update the thread to keep everyone informed of who is running for what. Moderators and Sergeant At Arms will be appointed by the new board, but if you would like to be considered for these appointed positions, please also PM Jess.

If there is more than one person running for a position, then a new thread can be started where they will "campaign" up until online voting starts (September 4th). Right before the polls are open, we'll create a ballot that you can copy and paste into a PM to be sent to Jess starting September 4th through the 10th. These votes will be added to any new votes taken at the September meeting (the 12th) and the new board will be announced at the end of the meeting.

T-shirts: We didn't really have a consensus about what we all wanted for the shirts. The logo, yes, but everyone liked different things for the back (or front if you wanted the logo on the back). The image for the logo is at Quick Tees on Brainerd Road (by the Comedy Catch) is anyone wants to get a shirt. If you would like an image to go with it, it needs to be at least 300 dpi. The cost to do one shirt at a time like this starts at $17.95. If you would like an image on the back, you'd add $2.00. I thikn the best way to do this is to post what you plan on getting and see if anyone else wants the same thing. If you can get 4 wanting the same, it would knock the price down to $15.95 and $1.75 for the other side.

DragonCon: September 2-5 in Atlanta, GA. John said he'd claim the table for us (as we have to by 4:00pm on Friday or we lose it). We'll bring the banner and have miniatutre games going along... flyers (more later).

Firefly / Serenity: Still waiting to hear back from The Rave about the day for the screening and if we can plan a charity event for showing the TV episodes on the big screen.

A marathon of the TV episodes is also being planned for some time in September.

Vacuum Form Table: Pretty good interest in this. We decided to start off with the ones who really want to do this. They will fund this to get it going. Once the process is set and we know what we're doing, club fund might be used for the ABS to make some pieces to sell on eBay.

DVD release for Episode III: no real news yet. We'll check with Media Play and Best Buy to see what their plans are. We may set up at one place and then travel over to the other place in costume. We'll plan more and talk about this next meeting.

UPDATE: Media Play is excited to have us partner with them for the release. Right now, we're in the planning stages, but we'd like to at least have a costume contest (seems obvious), SW video games set up (Battlefront II will also be released that day), and miniature battles.

Flyers: We've talked about doing this for awhile, but now is the time! We have a possible partner to where we could have one side of a postcard (4" x 6") and they would have the other and we'd split the cost. These will go with us to DragonCon for our table. With 2500 cards, we should be set for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.