main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August Meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone was interested in a gathering on the 28th. I'm sorry we didn't have a meet earlier in the month (CauldronCon had been the plan, but I didn't get the details worked out in time unfortunately). Please reply if you're interested and then if you have any ideas. I'd really like to take advantage of some of this beautiful summer weather while it lasts. :)

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    With a little change of plans, I'd be up for one, Rosie. However, Chris (DarthLucanas) is also having a cookout on Sept. 3 that I think I told you about off the boards. I'm pretty sure us Boston people would be welcome there. :)

3. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I still plan on going to the cookout too - but that's September, not August. :) I know it's two weekends in a row and I won't fault anyone for not being able to do both, nor will I fault anyone for choosing Chris's cookout over our last minute planning since he did plan his first. :)

Our August "meeting" could just be an informal, friendly get-together. But only if there's more than just me that can make it, otherwise it'll be another lazy Sunday for me. :)

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    If you know a Borders that's T-accessible, I've been wanting to check a Borders out since the Rebels and Rhode Squadron had the dual Christmas meet at the one in South Attleboro (that I unfortunately was unable to attend).

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    We've met before at a Borders near Downtown Crossing. There's also the Borders at the Cambridgeside Galleria, which would be more ideal if we had a lot of people. Plus the canal is really pretty in the summer! And there's an abundance of good food there (Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen). And a toy store! Yeah, like I need an excuse to go to the mall, but I get excited thinking about it anyway. :)

6. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Not sure if I can do an August meet. My work schedule is a little up in the air still. I work tomorrow and then the company is moving next weekend. So who knows what they have in store for me then. I was supposed to go to MN next weekend but that got blown out the water. O well I saved a few hundred to spend on SW figures now. lol

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I will be packing for DRAGONCON ... sorry ... and finishing last of XWING OUTFIT ...... hehehehehe

8. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    ROTS is still playing here:

Agawam Family Cinemas
    866 Suffield Street
    Agawam, MA
    2:00 pm

Capitol Theater
    204 Massachusetts Ave
    Arlington, MA

12:10 pm, 4:10 pm, 7:00 pm, 9:50 pm

Hollywood Hits
    7 Hutchinson Drive
    Danvers, MA

2:00 pm, 5:20 pm, 8:15 pm

Somerville Theatre
    55 Davis Square
    Somerville, MA

1:10 pm, 4:10 pm, 7:10 pm, 10:00 pm

i intend to continue upping my viewcount =). if anyone wants to join me =).

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I need to see it again too! Of all the prequels I like this one the best, and it figures it's the one I've seen the least. :p

10. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i'm leaning towards a Danvers or Somerville showing cause it's in the middle of everyone's travels.

anyone else in?

11. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I need to see it again too! Of all the prequels I like this one the best
    I agree!! :)

12. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Somerville theater should be right near the Davis Red Line stop, so if we see RotS again, let's make it there.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I would like to see it again. I just couldn't with the group because those theathers are a lil too far away for me. And I am still getting used to Boston/MA. Been here four yrs now and can only find my way around the airport. lol Take that back I can find my way to the Boston Police station. Worcester though I can find places there. lol For a city it sure is dead especially at night. I guess I was spoiled by Chicago. Even though I think Dayton, Toledo, Minneapolis/St Paul, and Cincy have more action than Worcester does. lol

14. JediPadme76

JediPadme76 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    I would love to see the movie again! When would you all be going? I would have to trek down from nh, but it would be worth it! I have only seen this one 5 times, 3 of which were opening day

15. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    what time in somerville?

16. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    3 of which were opening day
    Impressive. :)

17. JediPadme76

JediPadme76 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    I saw it at midnight, again at noon and again at 6. I even kept my kids home from school so that they could go! It was worth it! It is not playing anywhere around here anymore:eek: so I was waiting for the dvd, november is way too far off....

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw it twice on opening day. Around noon in Marlboro and then again at 7:00 or so in Millbury. I hope I don't get kicked out of here for my next statement. But I really didn't like ROTS until the 4th time seeing it. lol There were just too many things that bothered me about the movie. I hope I don't have to turn in my SW collection because I didn't like it at first. lol

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I saw it at the midnight showing.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I saw it on the 1st Saturday, it was a matinee showing with (to my surprize) a small audience.

21. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    so, folks, is this sunday or a go or no go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.