main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI August Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Now that I know where it's at (other side of town, thanks guys :p ) I should make it. Next Wednesday, 7:00PM. Borders, East Towne Mall. Got it.

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Just don't go into East Towne, its across the street with Shopko and Babys 'R' Us

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    sorry about the lack of directions. Usually our meetings dont come up so fast, and usually we dont have any newcomers. But we hope to see you next wednesday its awesome to have some more new people coming in to our little group.

Forcebewitya.

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ok well I should be able to go officially now. My work hasnt been scheduling me a whole lot which kinda sucks but it also allows me to do fun stuff ^_^ see you all there.

Forcebewitya.

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I should be there too

6. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Awesome!

I hope everyone else (new people) can show.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    For the new people who might show up, when you enter Boarders go to your right where the tables are, that's where we will be.

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Just a reminder for those who check the board.

MEETING TONIGHT!
    7PM at Borders near East Towne Mall (next to Shopko)
    We will be in the cafe area.

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ugh, I forgot that I have a hair appt. tonight so I'll only be able to stay till like 7:50 or something. At least I can still be there a little.

Forcebewitya.

10. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Hi, It was great meeting both new faces and old last night. I have a few suggestions if we are going to do a meeting on the West Side. Either Barnes/Noble, or Atlanta Bread on University or Panera, also on University. There is, of course, Borders near my apartment.

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I have no problem with meeting on the West side.
    Just a tidbit of info... the first couple weeks in Sept. is busy for me, so we should think about having another meeting after then.

It was awesome to meet SkyeLightrider.
    I'm definitely interested in the RPG stuff. It's like my second job actually. Only difference is how I'm used to playing and how you play. Other than that, it's great!
    That Munchkin game sounds fun. We should get together as a group and try it out.

Thanks for showing up, everyone!

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    It was great to meet SkyeLightrider, cant wait to see other new people A meeting on the West side is fine with me just as long as I can get there. I don't know the west side as well as I do the east side.

13. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Darn I missed the meeting, though I'd have to haul butt to get from burlington to madison by 7 on a week night.

14. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Well, to be fair, I found Pegasus Games today and almost bought the Munchkin d20 handbook. The only problem is there isn't a really good tabletop RPG book for complete newbs. Even reading the D&D for Dummies book I was getting lost. I guess it is really hard to write rulebooks for a game system based on openness.

And yes, we will be playing some Munchkin later. Just need to get my card decks here to WI.

still, check out our RPGing. basically it's the same as d20 gameplay but there is no real GameMaster dictating the story, oh and you have a character sheet but not a stat sheet. other than that, just your imagination and your writing skills are necessary.

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'd take part but chances are with everything I'm doinging I'd likely have Batman swing through as someone beheads some guy causing a lightning show as one of my several Jedi characters fight each other. I write Star Wars, Highlander and now Batman fan fiction. So I'll just read for now

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    First let me say it was nice meeting you Skye, its always awesome when a new person attends our meetings. The Munchkin game sounds very fun indeed. I'd be willing to learn if you're willing to teach ^_^. Sorry I couldnt stay longer though, my mom wanted me to try getting my hair cut by this lady that cuts hers and it was either that night or wait till september so I figured I should just get it cut as it was getting kinda unruley.

I look forward to the next meeting hope even more of the new folks here on the boards show up.

Forcebewitya.

17. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Don't worry about learning Munchkin guys. Here is legitimate proof of the Beginners Luck Theorem

I won the first game I played.
    My sister won the first game she played.
    My fiance won the first game she played.
    My roommate won the first game he played.

It's like an unwritten rule of statistics that works every single time with Munchkin. Besides, I bet you'll probably be laughing too much at the insane cards.

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    His theory however, never works when two new people are playing in the same game :p

Did I win my first Munchkin game? I don't even recall. It was so much fun to play that I forgot to remember the winner :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.