Hou, TX August meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lets try to set a date for this one. Saturday is fine with me except for the 5th. We can all look forward to getting the Holiday Special. Is Chewbacca happy to see his wife Malla? Is Bea Arther really in it? Does anyone besides me rember Art Carney. What about Lukes bad haircut? Come to the next meeting to get the answers to these questions and many more has we join hands and admit that we all liked it when we saw it for the first time.
  2. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I could do maybe the 4th or the 25th.
  3. Droidmech Jedi Knight

Can't Make the 4th as I am doing the Children's Museum event with our droids.

Dan S.
  4. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is that (your event @ Children's Museum) open to the public?
  5. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about the 18th or 25th?
  6. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    The 25th would be best for me ...
  7. Droidmech Jedi Knight

Yes it is open to the public, we will be there from 10:30 till 4:30 pm. The admission to the museum is $5.00 per person. You can call (713) 522-1138 for more information on admission prices.

Wel will be having 4 droids there , all operational. One R6-D1, two R2-D2's and Two Scrubber Droids.

Hope to see you there.

Dan S.
    Droid Builders Guild - Outer Rim
    Houston Chapter
  8. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1

Oh cool! Childrens Museum is always fun for the kids! Let me know! The 25th should be good, but I'll check my schedule and let you know.

Do you want cosutmed people there?? Possibly? I'd love to help out!!

As the to get-together, I think the 25th would work for me. Lemme check my schedule and I'll let you know. Where do we want to meet? or where do you guys usually meet?? Is there a way to make it further north just a bit?? And what time?? I know I ask way to many question, but that's how I deduce and absorb all information! (Sorry I'm a Sherlock Holmes fanatic)
  9. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    The 25th looks good for me. Looking forward to a good turnout.
  10. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    The 25th is very good for me as well.

So it looks like everyone will be getting their Holiday Special DVDs. :D
  11. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    25th should be no problem for me. Are we meeting at Stag's again, or does someone have another venue in mind?
  12. Droidmech Jedi Knight

Where is Stag's Head? I don't know the place.

Dan S.
    Droid Builders Guild.
  13. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1
    Neither do I. Is there a possibility we could meet somewhere near 1960 or so? It's a little easier to get to for me, since I'll be coming from the North. And do we wear "garb" or no? I've no clue about these things~!!!
  14. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    I vote for Stag's Head again: http://www.stagsheadpub.com/

It's located near the intersection of Richmond and S Shepherd (see http://www.stagsheadpub.com/location/index.htm for a map).

Mara Jade SkyMaul, I sympathize with your desire to move this more northward, since I live in Spring myself. But keep in mind that people are coming from all directions in the Houston area, and Stag's Head is pretty centrally located.

From what I gather, there hasn't been any suiting up for these meetings, but bringing a prop/collectible (helmet, figure, t-shirt, droid, etc.) makes for interesting conversation.
  15. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1
    That's cool. I do realize too that there are more than just "North-enders" (a little play on "East-Enders", sorry couldn't resist!) that are coming. If it just weren't at a pub. Not that I have anything agaisnt pubs, I attend them at times. It's just, well nevermind it doesn't matter. I'll see what I can do about making it. Though I may be the only female there! LOLZ!!!
  16. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    If it's any consolation, Stag's Head was pretty empty the last time (also a Saturday). The place was so empty we probably could have sat just about anywhere we wanted. I found David and Ruben sitting in a booth in the back left corner.

It wasn't crowded, noisy, or smoky.
  17. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1
    That would be nice! I'll see if I can't get my sister and brother-in-law to join me. Thakns for the consolation!! LOLZ!!!
  18. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Stag's is a little more upscale than most pubs, and I see families and kids in there all the time. Friday or Saturday night might be a little more busy, but generally it is like Erik said, fairly calm and pleasant.

I am not very familiar with 1960 area, so I couldn't recommend places there. I can make it to that area since I live just north of the loop, but folks coming from south of town might be discouraged and not show up. Either way, I am fine with Stag's or whatever, I just don't know of any other places that are quite as accomodating as Stag's. It is an English style pub, and so considerably more civilized than your average bar.

Feel free to come in costume, that would be cool. I usually do not since donning the armor requires a place to change and is most difficult to sit down in. :) However, I try to bring a helmet or saber or something to set on the table so we can find each other.

Let's all try and wear Star Wars t-shirts, too, to help us find one another.

What time on the 25th? 4:00, 5:00?

19. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've seen that place before ... I work fairly close to there.
  20. DarthElizur Jedi Master

star 1
    We are going to the Children's Museum tomorrow to see the droids. I haven't taken the kids there in a long time should be fun.

On these boards, I have only met ErikStormtrooper, so if any of you guys are there notice a guy with a black Darth Vader Tshirt with wife and two kids (7 and 4 ) please stop me and say hi.

21. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I get off work at 5pm and can get there by 5.30. Star Wars tee shirts is the uniform of choice. I expect a record turn out for this one.
  22. Yodas-evil-twin2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be unable to make it since my family is going on vacation in Europe today.
  23. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1
    Alright! I'll be the one in my back SWW shirt from work! I may bring my holster. I just got started re-painting my guns, so they should be ready by then.
  24. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll (most likely) were one of my shirts I got from CIV.
  25. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Master

star 1
    Come to think of it, I may decide to wear my hiar in Leia buns of the Hoth look. Depends on my mood! Or then again there's the Padme Naboo Battle look (no not the Sabe one). Hmmm, I just don't know! So many styles, so many choices!!!

[Yes, I know I'm nuts-o!]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.