main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon August OFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Bill, since it's a way out there... feel like driving? or do you wanna ride with me? I don't see the point in take more vehicles than needed. Maybe grab me before the Uptown Village thing?

2. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I'll be there but I'm gonna be a bit late.

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Great! I hope people show up. I dont want to play Escape from the Death Star game all by my self.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey guys, I was looking at a map to get out there. It's quite a ways away from me. I'm not sure I want to go all the way out there. So I don't know if I'll come. If we meet closer to Beaverton I'll come definately.

5. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Ohhh... you won't. Bill and I are for sure. Kyle is a no show (scold). Dunno about others. Oh I'll bring my shinai, not sure if it'll get used but what the hey.

6. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    OK...I am coming...my other half is not. She has a friend's b-day party to attend...I am coming from Albany, so if anyone needs a ride or anything along the way, NOW would be a good time to lemme know!!!...541-928-2131...or, 406-697-3115(cell)...I am bringing an assorted 24 pack of pop, if there is anything else, ice...or whatever...lemme know...bringing my own personal props, costumes, etc...any other suggestions? Keyan

7. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    (dusts off account...)

Well looks like I am the first to make it home.

IT was nice meeting everybody, I know I had fun. Looking forward to the next one, which I'll be sure to bring my wife and daughter along.

8. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Big thanks to Jawa for hosting the funest meeting yet (according to me). It was nice to meet the new faces and especially to trade some blows with the shinais. Definitely looking forward to the next meeting.

9. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Indeed...Thank you, JF, for hosting what has been the most fun I have had in quite some time! It was a great pleasure to meet you all, and I as well, look VERY eagerly forward to the next meeting. On that topic, I would like to throw my name in the hat to host. I had an idea about having a meeting in an outdoor location, such as Silver Falls. There is a fantastic little campground/day use thingyplace there, and I think it would be perfect...dunno yet, thought it might take the edge off of driving clear to Albany...Lemme know wht you think...Keyan

10. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Jawa !!!

It was great fun, and we had a big group. It was also great to see "the room" (A collectors dream). I still can't believe you don't "free" your toys from the captivity and play with them [face_laugh]

Thanks again, and it was fantastic meeting the new members.

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks go out to everyone for making this meeting a smash hit! Special thanks to my wife for letting us have it at our house, sorry if it was a bit of a road trip for most. I loved the shinais show, great entertainment! Next time we'll have a droid medic on hand. Glad people enjoyed seeing "the room", I'm proud to share my collecting habit with others. I'm happy everyone had a great time. Let's do it again next meeting. Sorry if we didn't talk about some of the topics but everyone enjoyed food and friends and meeting new friends. We do have a great group of fans and I'm sure we'll be able to continue to grow into a very good group. Thanks again.

-eric

12. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    awe,,,i so missed it. sad.

13. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Golly. I'm wishing I had tried harder to make it, but when trimet.org estimated my trip to be an hour and 54 minutes long I just gave up. by the time I would have gotten to the party it would have been almost over. I hope all you new, or not so new, members come to the next meeting, so hopefully I can meet all of you. I've been enjoying my own SW fun of late with my discount rates at Powells though. Got a Ralph McQuarrie art book, and a SW costume book. I really do hope to make it out to Jawafett's some day to see his super cool collection. But I must confess, I cannot restrain myself from opening boxes. I love to feel that what I purchased is truly real and tangible.

14. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm hoping to see you both at the next meeting !!

15. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    You all didn't miss much... and when I say much, I am really referring to me having my assetts handed to me, courtesy of Xeco. But that's ok. A little swordplay never hurt anyone.... much!
    (I got my revenge the following day! :D )..... and this just in, Bill will be getting another beat down by Rachel in the very near future. Why is it that I can't keep my trap shut again??? o_O

It was fun. I appreciated the time spent with fellow Star Wars fans. The collector's room was more impressive than imaginable! Learning some swordfighting techniques was clearly the highlight of my evening.... next to munching on some burgers, of course! We had some good conversations... the geek debate over SWG comes to mind. And meeting some of you in person was a real treat! So thanks Eric for hosting, and thanks to everyone else for the bonding and forging of new friendships! I hope to be able to make future engagements.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.