main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks ! Glad you like what you saw on my website ;)

Deb, thank you so much for your kind words. I did my best on that one as it was not only for me and i'm really happy cause the person who I did it for loves it and would like me to make another one:) .
    Now that the drawing of Marilyn is done, I can go back to Star Wars fanart and I'll try and start a new one this week. ;)

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow!!!:eek: The detail you have in that drawing is absolutely incredible. It is a beautiful rendering of Obi-Wan!

I am in awe of your amazing talent. Even if I could draw, I don't think I would have the patience to do what you did!

Bravo!=D=

AG88

3. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for your comments AG88! [:D]

Today I started a new portrait of Anakin. When I made the first one, I thought my second portrait of him would be from AOTC but I love that pic too much so once again , the drawing will portray Anakin in Episode III. As the reference pis is not very clear, I can't clearly see his hair so it will be a little different in my drawing.
    So far, I've only finished the detailed sketch and I still don't know whether I'll use graphite or colored pencils. I've just realized that I only made one artwork in color this year and if I want to progress with that medium, I should practice a little lol. As I've never worked with colored pencils on bristol paper, I'll test my colored pencils on it and then decide what I'll do.

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/anakin02_etape01.jpg]

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Soap operas can fry the brain, but at least they're notorious for providing you with gorgeous male eye-candy [face_love] :p Jensen was great in "Dark Angel" also. He has huge star potential written all over him.

I just LOVE that Marilyn drawing that you made. I have to say that I'm so floored by your drawing skills that I don't think there are enough glowing words in the English vocab to express how fantastic you are as an artist!

You might as well be looking at a B&W photograph when looking at that drawing. Amazing! =D=

I can't wait to see the new Anakin that you're working on. I have problems w/ drawing in profile or anytime that a face isn't mostly straight on. So I'm really excited/interested to see the progress of this next image!

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh! Yes! Another one! It looks great already! I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **begins happy-dancing and Ewok-like chanting again!**

All is right with the world!! Our beloved Aurelia is once again rendering our favorite hero-turned-villain (poor Ani!)!! And what a great picture you've chosen to work from: this was the pivotal point, I think--the point at which Palpatine secured Anakin's fall to the Dark Side, by playing on his fears for Padme's life... I hate that old schemer! :mad: ;) This already looks so awesome--the expression is already captured, in the tension in his features, the pensive set to his jaw...

I sit humbly at your feet, My Lady, patiently observing the Master at work (and oh what a work it will be! :D )!

**continues Ewok-like chanting...**

:p

FF

7. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh I absolutely LOVE Jensen in Dark Angel and I'm really glad his new show (Supernatural) seems to be a success.

Thanks for your comments on Marilyn [:D]

I kinda had the same problem with profile or 3/4 pose (don't know if you call it like that in english ) that's why I choose reference pic of that kind, hey practice is the key ;)

Thanks for your enthusiasm ThrawnRocks;)

Deb, it's always a real pleasure to read your messages, thanks my dear [:D]

So I finally chose to use colored pencils for this one, I may regret it later if I don't manage to get the right skin tones lol
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/anakin02_etape02.jpg]

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  9. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    amazing!

I wish you could do some art for me, you are relly good

uou and FalconFan are my favorites, both of you are so good!

10. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Despite the fact that there are no words that could adequately express how insanely good your artwork truly is, I'll continue to use them anyways. :p

Marilyn Monroe
    ...is so beautiful! The smooth texture you achieved on her face and skin is so lovely and life-life - and her hair! Gah, I love it. Now the song "Diamonds are a girls best friend" is in my head, lol. It looks like a picture from her younger days (though I could be wrong).

Anakin
    Ooooh, Color. Very nice! Looking forward to see how this one turns out (which will no doubt be as beautiful as the rest of your art is). You know, even though the ref image isn't very clear, you seem to have done quite an excellent job on his hair so far. Can't say I envy you on the task of colouring the skin when you get to it, but I'm sure it'll look great. :)

- Suz ^_~

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, glory!! Color!!!
    This looks fabulous already (but I already said that about the detail sketch...I'm repeating myself again...)--and what a wonderful surprise to see it in color!! I'm with Suz on not envying the task of the facial tones--I know colored pencils can be pretty challenging! But with your tremendous talent, it can only turn out fabulously! :D I so can't wait to see the next step--his hair looks real enough to touch here!

And to Suz's comment about "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" in her head--so, so true!! And "The Seven Year Itch!" Marilyn was really in her prime then--and you captured her so very, very well!

**sits in thread, waiting breathlessly for the next installment**
    :p
    FF

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    *bows down to the Master*

Your Anakin drawing is insane! And I mean that in a good way. ;) I'm overwhelmed with all the detail already! Can't wait to see it completed!

13. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You know, your drawing looks much more detailed and much nicer than the photo it is modeled after.

I am so jealous of your talent. I really loved drawing as a kid... until I became old enough to realize that I really suck at it. [face_worried]

My little son loves drawing. Maybe he will become a famous artist and I can live my art life out vicariously though him. ;)

Great start on Anakin. I look forward to seeing what it will look like when it is complete.

AG88

14. TheHateSwelling

TheHateSwelling Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Your work is awesome! It is very photo-realisitc, I enjoy the graphite medium very much.

15. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    great as always my love

16. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks to all of you for your messages [:D]

LordNeo: I'm sorry but i still don't take request, i already hardly find the time to make my personal projects. I'm so busy that it took me a whole month to finish my last drawing :(

Suz:thanks for your comments about Marilyn :* I was told the pic was taken in 1949, I chose it because she looks "naturally beautiful" on it and doesn't have this half-closed eyes we see on her most famous photos.

About what you and Deb said about colored pencils, now that I've started working on the skin tones, I don't envy myself either lol. I had forgotten how long it was to put all those layers of different tones to get the right ones . Moreover colored pencils on bristol was not a great choice because the surface is so smooth that the little pigments tend to catch it. If I had known right from the start that I would make it in color, I would have used some grained paper. Anyway, i learn from my mistakes...

academygrad88: Thanks for "your drawing looks much more detailed and much nicer than the photo it is modeled after", it means a lot for the "details obsessed" girl that i tend to be:D

TheHateSwelling I usually work with graphite as it's my fav medium and believe me,the more I use coloredpencils, the more I miss my graphite ones.

jedi-master-faran: thanks my dear[:D]

So I've worked on the drawing but as I said above, these skin tones take a lot of time so there's no much to see. Anyway, here is what I've done so far:
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/anakin02_etape03.jpg]

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo! Oooo!
    My heart goes out to you on the colored pencil task before you, My Lady--but I feel it in my bones that this is going to be another piece that ends up "weepingly-beautiful!" (See? Now I'm making up words to describe your stunning work! ;) )

I can't believe how his hair looks...so real, reflecting the low light...lying in such natural and disheveled curls... His scar is amazingly real--how in the world do you manage it? It's just awesome, Aurelia!

**goes back to studying drawing**
    :D

FF

18. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    i'm looking forward to seeing how that anakin drawing goes!!!! great work!!!! -ja

19. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    How is it possible I missed your latest WIP? And it's colour too! So wonderful, I positively can't wait until it's completed. It's really great to see someone handle colour and greytones so well as well as getting everything looking right. You truly have a marvelous gift Aurelia and thank you for sharing it with us. :) Really great work...I'd say more but it's late and I'll save it for the next WIP which promises to be exciting!

20. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Deb: I'm very flattered you make-up words for me [face_blush] .
    for his hair,as my reference pic was not really clear, I took a look at some other pics of Anakin and tried to imagine what it would give if his head was in another position. And I worked as I usually do with graphite: the darkest hair locks first.
    About the scar, in fact, i was afraid of "losing" it among the other skin tones that's why I made it that dark so maybe I'll have to change its color later [face_thinking]. As i didn't have the right color, it's a mix of 4 or 5 different pencils.

SIUEA_DOOGUAS , Corellian_Rogue: many thanks for your comment[:D]

I haven't found the time to work on the drawing since the last update but I'll try to post a new step in the coming days ;)

21. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    aurielia my love, will u come with me to Master Underhill and Fisto-My-Heor's wedding? Wecould make it a double wedding? If yes I will send u the link

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    COLOUR!

:eek:

[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

Fantastic! :D

23. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh Wow!

I am always amazed by the exquisite detail in your work. I am looking forward to this pieces completion to see how in the world you get skin tones with colored pencils.

24. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    sorry hon', never heard of them

Thanks Idrelle and Zonoma for your messages :) and believe me Zonoma, skin tones are really hard to get on that kind of paper. I'm still wondering why I chose color for that one lol

Anyway, here is a little update:
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/anakin02_etape04.jpg]
    I'll try to work a little on it tomorrow to show you a bit more;)

25. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    wowee mc wowerson. Thats amazing! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.