main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks soitcometothis

it seems I'm kinda impatient to finish the drawing,cause between yesterday and today, I've spent 7 hours on it and finally finished the face. With what's left of the hair, her neck and her clothes, I still have a lot to do but i'm glad that big part is done.

to see the update ;) :
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/padme01_etape6.jpg]

Btw, as the WIP files are hosted on Photobucket, I reduce the size of the images (half size) but later, once the drawing is published on my site, I'll be able to show it in full size. So waiting for that, if somebody wants a close-up of a part of Padmé's face, don't hesitate to ask and I'll post it here as soon as possible or send me an email if you want the whole image in real size ;)

edited to update the link so the image is in full size now ;)

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    My goodness, that is coming along just beautifully! Amazing, it's so cool how you post your stages too, color me very impressed with your penciling skills! I can't wait to see the finished piece! :D

~DZ

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh aurelia, it looks so beautiful. You're doing an amazing job!

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Amazing.

-The Scummy-

5. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Everytime you update, I'm continually surprised by how beautifully you blend your skintones. There's absolutely no artifacting or stray pencil strokes; just a smooth, perfect surface.

6. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I cannot believe how beautiful that drawing is SO FAR! You oughta think about makeing copies and sending them to lucas! or gettting them put in the Star Wars headquarters in CA. That would be cool.
    -Arsnl

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG--it's so beautiful it makes me want to cry!! :_| I can just feel her horror--it's right there in her eyes--when she hears from Obi Wan what has happened to Anakin... :_| :_| I agree with the comment about the perfect skin tones--they're just flawless, so smooth and well-blended... Stunning...just...stunning!!

FF

8. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    You are so talented, aurelia!! :eek: I like how you post the progess of your sketches.

~aeryn

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Ho. Ly. ****ing. Crap. :eek:

That looks exactly like Padmé in that scene :eek: :eek:

I can't wait to see it finished. :eek:

If LFL saw your stuff, they'd be getting down on their hads and knees to get you.

*worsips aurelia's skills*

10. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thank everyone for your adorable feedbacks, you really have a way to make people feel comfortable here [:D]

i have a secret weapon for the skin tones ;) I know there are a lot of great blending tools but what i prefer is ... paper hanky, a kleenex to be exact ! either i put pieces of kleenex in a 2mm mechanical pencil for little areas and that way I use it as easily as an actual pencil or i simply wind the kleenex around my finger for larger parts. That's what works the best for me but maybe that's because i don't like breaking my habbits. Hey not so long ago I didn't even know what a tortillon was (I know, shame on me lol)

About LFL, I would feel very happy if I could get even just an autograph on a copy of Anakin or Padmé. If you had seen me when i got my first autograph from Jensen Ackles (another "obsession" of mine) , I was jumping all around the house, that was quite laughable

I'm not supposed to work tomorrow so I'll try to work on the drawing and post another update ;)

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Aurelia wrote: I'm not supposed to work tomorrow so I'll try to work on the drawing and post another update.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    **squats in thread, patiently waiting...**

:D ;)

FF

12. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I've been lurking for a while, and I thought I would say something....

Your work is positively AWESOME. It nearly looks like you took an image and Photoshopped it, but better. All the details are just right...I'd go on with a boring speech, but I'm not going to. Keep it up!

13. Great_One

Great_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Aurélia - I just want to say that your work is incredible! I've looked at your site and all of pics on here and they're absolutely gorgeous. Also, I tried your shading trick with the tissue and it works really well. :)

14. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    CherryLightsaber thanks for your comments. [:D]

Great_One thanks, I'm really glad you like my non Star Wars related stuff.
    about the tissue, believe me it's incredible when, for example, you try to draw jeans in colour (ok not really useful in the Star Wars fanart universe lol). I use this blending tool no matter what meduim I use (be it graphite, colour pencil or pastel)

FalconFan I hope I haven't made you wait too long ;) I spend a lot of time on it today so I finally finished the drawing. So total time spent on it: 39 hours.

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/padme01.jpg]

In the next days I'll have to translate the whole explanation I've written in French for my Anakin WIP but as soon as it's done (it's for a new page on my site, to show the way I work), I'll start my drawing of Master Yoda (unless I have to make my sister's wedding present before, a double portrait that will take me a lot of time). I think that for once I'll work on two artworks at the same time cause I'm really impatient to draw Yoda :D

edited to add: the hairdo on the right and her clothes are not exactly as they should be but I couldn't see the details on those dark parts of the reference pic and I didn't manage to find a high res pic of that particular dress

15. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    That....um,my....wow.... *dies*

(Translation of my mumbling: That's a most EXCELLENT picture. I really don't think there are words quite appropriate, but it's marvelous!)

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    That's woderful! Great job! :)

17. Cmdr_Axis

Cmdr_Axis Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Your artwork is soooo beautiful. Its....Imaculate! Practically God Worthy! The likenesses are dead on, the shading is perfect, the emotions are portrayed so clearly, and it looks so real, its as if it were a black and white photo of Natalie and Hayden. You are absolutely incredible! and surely by now you've realized this i hope! Please, PLEASEEEE post more of your unbelievable work!

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, aurelia, the finished product is even more amazing. Between the detail and the likeness...whew! Great job and I can't wait to see Yoda! :D

19. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D] Many thanks for your great feedbacks ! You're all adorable [face_love]

My webmaster has just published the drawing so I edited the previous message to post the URL of the full size version ;)

20. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I am awestruck by your skills in precision and the life-like quality you capture in all your pieces. (I checked out the work on your site too, and the previous comment encompasses them as well) You truly possess an amazing abilty that I can only hope to one day achieve. I can't wait to see how well your new conquest - Yoda - will turn out. It'll probably put mine down to shame, lol.

Beautiful as ever. :D

- Suz ^_~

21. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    This is truly marvelous, a feat of pencil work to be admired! :D You are truly such a wonderful artist that I'm lost for words! :) Which is rare for me! LOL You should be so proud of what you have accomplished here. The details in the hair, eyes and lips is just mind-boggling...I'm so envious of your skill Aurelia. Can't wait for your next marvel!

22. Barefoot-Sith-Chick

Barefoot-Sith-Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    I stand in awe of those drawings. They're... they're... absolutely FANTASTIC! You have amazing talent. :D

23. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on having the patience to complete something like this. When a drawing comes out this beautifully, it's certainly time well-spent. Thanks for sharing it with us, Aurélia.

24. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Absolutely gorgeous. =D=

~aeryn

25. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    :eek: Holy Crap!!! that picture is abosolutely stunning. Are you made of pure talent or what? That is the best drawing of Padme I have ever had the pleasure to look at. Your work is so unbelievably beautiful, and a magnificent rendering of that seen. Why you weren't discovered earlier is a shame, but thank god you're here now. If you don't continue to draw such beautiful pictures- it will be like art withdrawl, so please, please continue to draw!

***bows to your talent*** thank you for graceing us with your artwork.

-Arsnl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.