Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You've got me blushing here [face_blush] , you're all so kind. Thank you so much for the warm welcome given to my artworks.

I still can't believe the difference it makes when you draw from high res pics compare to the usual dvd screencaps. It's such a pleasure for someone like me, who's a little obsessed by details lol. The invenient is that the drawings take much more time to be finished.

Now i have to find which pic of Yoda i want to use for the next artwork :confused: I've saved some great ones and it's a hard choice.
  2. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 5
    I just, I mean, WOW! These are incredible. I can't wait to see what "the force" inspires next.
  3. dashleebo Jedi Knight

star 6
    :eek: That Padme is too amazing for words. The best portrait I've ever seen. I would love your talent. It puts my drawing to shame. :p Keep up the stunning work! :D
  4. Tenyon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Incredible! Your art is amazing! *now give me a minute to pick my jaw up from the floor*
  5. Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master

star 2
    That's incredible work, Aurélia! I love your attention to detail!
  6. Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have a question. How do you get your pencils to do that? My pencils don't do that!! I want them to do that but they don't ! My pencils are useless, they just sit around all day drinking all my beer, but your pencils are awesome.=D=

Great stuff!
  7. Spin Jedi Youngling

That is beautiful! So many details in the face and hair and everything! I want to steal this from you..or try and steal your talent at least. ;) Good job! Very very pretty. That hair! Just wow.
  8. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks for your messages [face_love]

I'll try to start my drawing of Yoda in the coming days and post it as a WIP ;)
  9. yoda-san Jedi Youngling

you know what? I just had yo become a member of this site after I saw you're drwaings! its, amazing... and I saw your site to, and... yeah, just keep up the fabulos work!=D=
  10. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks yoda-san!
    And welcome to the board,I'm a newbie here as well and hope you'll like this place as much as I do;)
  11. FalconFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Back from vacation to see your stunning Padme finished, Aurelia--and how very beautiful she is!! I still just cannot get over the perfection with which you render skintones in graphite--it really has a photographic quality to it, with the utter smoothness and exquisite blending... And I think her dress looks fabulous--whether that's how it looked in the ref picture or not! :D I simply cannot wait to see your next piece--it will, I am certain, leave us all in awe once again! =D=

FF
  12. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thank you so much FalconFan for your comments [:D]

Btw I've started Master Yoda so if I don't work tomorrow, I'll try to finish the preliminary detailed sketch and start posting the WIP. Once again I've chosen a high res pic full of details and I think all these wrinkles on his face will drive me crazy :D
  13. Divia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That is amazing. And I look forwars to your other works! :) Keep it up!
  14. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks Divia!

I've started my drawing of Yoda and I've just finished the preliminary sketch. As I wanted it to be very detailed, it took a little more than 7h to make it. D*mn there are so many details to draw on Yoda's face that i didn't know where to start lol
    Yoda-preliminary sketch

Cause of his white hair, i'll have to make a more or less dark background and create the little locks after with an eraser or some Blu-Tack so I have some tests to make before doing it on the actual drawing cause, well, I'm not used to make backgrounds at all and I'm not sure of the result [face_thinking]

15. FalconFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :eek: :_| =D=

Wow... Talk about details... I'm stunned already, and it's in its preliminary stages! And somehow, to me, it almost looks finished as it sits right now: his features are perfect, and all the creases and wrinkles are already so well defined. This is going to be drop-dead-from-shock gorgeous when you're done, Aurelia--I just know it! And thank you again for sharing the "process" with us here--watching your pieces come together is like watching beautiful flowers grow--it's awesome! :D

FF
  16. Best_Movie_Ever Jedi Youngling

:eek: :D =D=

awsome just awsomeThe force is defenitly with you keep up the excellent work
  17. ThrawnRocks Jedi Master

star 6
    :eek:

*hails the goddess of drawing*
  18. Great_One Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Incredible, Aurélia! I can't wait to see the finished product :)
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow! And when I say that, I really mean Wow!

Just the rough sketch alone is amazing. I really admire you for going through and getting all the nitty-gritty details. You say it took 7 hours in all? Heh...you sure have patience, that's all I have to say. :p
  20. JEDY Jedi Knight

star 5
    SIMPLY BRILLIANT . My friend thought it was like a photo just in black in white, that's how good it is . UNBELIEVABLE ! KEEP POSTING .
  21. yoda-san Jedi Youngling

uuuuh! yoda [face_dancing] I don't know how many time a have bin drawing that little fellow. I just luv drawing him, I hope you wiil to, he's just so cute :p it's just can't go wrong with such a detailed and beautiful sketch...
    (and when you the one, holding the pencil) ;)
  22. Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Holy CRap!- I must say that like everytime I'm on here...lol. I can't believe thats just a premliminary sketch!!! I wish my final sketches would look like that! I can't wait till you finish. :)

Arsnl
  23. Darth_Numanus Jedi Youngling

star 2
  24. aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    A big thank you to all of you for your enthusiasm towards the drawing, it's very motivating [:D]

FalconFan: once again, thanks for your comments ! I wanted a very detailed sketch cause I feel more comfortable tostart the shading work when everything is well placed. Maybe this one is a little too detailed though :D

Best_Movie_Ever: I don't know if The Force is with me but The Patience will have to lol. I'm so slow, a real snail !

yoda-san: Cathrine, I hope to see some of your Yoda pieces posted in your thread soon, I'm sure they're awesome :)

So when I talked about snail pace, i wasn't joking, the little update below took me about 5 hours. Maybe I'll darken the background a little more later, I'll decide when Yoda's face will be finished
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/yoda01_etape2.jpg]
    I'll try to post another update tomorrow ;)
  25. Exx Jedi Youngling

Aurelia, you're art is jaw-dropping...i couldn't help but visit your kickass-site

Beyond Beautiful...thats just it, you nail portraits like its nothing (i dont have the patience for portraits, so i envy those who do ^-^)...very awsome, im honored to have stumbled upon your threde.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.