main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG!! This is sooo fantastic!!! I still just cannot get over the realism you manage to achieve with graphite pencils--he looks so freakin' real (even with only one ear and one eye! ;) )! The smoothness of the blending, the absolute perfection of the shading... :_|

So awesome...just so awesome! :D

FF

2. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Gah! This is wonderful! This is turning out truly inspired...I understand your want to see it finished asap but you show incredible patience by waiting...and your results are truly amazing. Now I'm going to have to show incredible patience waiting for it too! :D See I'm learning even just by being in your thread! LOL :) What a good influence you are on all of us here.

Oh and I completely understand your stopping and standing for an hour at that painting! My god the details, the depth! I wish I could see it in person but one day I'll get there and spend a year in there! I did however have the luck for a few selected Caravaggio's works to come down to Australia in an exhibition and that experience blew my mind. I still can't explain it but I too spent a good hour in front of The Incredulity of Saint Thomas, and Judith Beheading Holofernes and Narcissus! The reflections, the luminiscent skin, the tones of them all were just.... see no words!

Better stop now eh? Wonderful obi-wan and look eagerly for it's completion and process steps! :D

3. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    You're all so adorable, thanks [face_love]

Here is what I've done today
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape5.jpg]
    Now that I've scanned it, I better see where some tones are missing as the scanner accentuates the contrasts, as on his right cheek but I'm too tired to do it now :D

4. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wow, incredible work.

5. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    PERFECT. :eek: There's nothing bad about it. =D=

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :_|:_|

OMG, it's like seeing that entire scene all over again--the expression on Obi Wan's face, in those beautiful, sad eyes...

:_|=D=!!!

This is just so superb, Aurelia--and honestly, I don't see any problems at all (of course, I'm not looking at it with the eye of the creating artist, either...and I know how critical it can be... ;) )--it looks....to quote dashleebo:

PERFECT!!!

FF

7. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thank you so much for your kind words [:D]

I'll try to post an update tomorrow cause today i've worked a couple of hours on the drawing when I came back from work but as I'm trying to draw a beard that actually looks like a beard lol, it takes me a LOT of time.

8. _Darth_Netheris_

_Darth_Netheris_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    is any 1 on ?...

9. _Darth_Netheris_

Aug 6, 2005
  10. _Darth_Netheris_

Aug 6, 2005
  11. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    *stares at all the wonderful drawings* Wha- How- *speechless* :eek: WOW! If only I could draw like that. *continues to stare* That must take a whole lot of patience. Wow... *dies*

12. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I never get tired of looking at these WIPs of yours. It's a true testament to your skill that the viewer is able to completely visualize Obi-Wan when all you've really drawn is his hair, eyes, and forehead. It doesn't really seem 'unfinished' even though half his face is missing...

13. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Hey again Aurelia ! First off, you know i'm speechless already . This WIP is coming along GREAT ! Fantastic choice of pic . This will be fantastic when finished . You are a truly gifted artist I say again . :)

14. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks wick and JEDY for your comments, it's always much appreciated [:D]

Thanks ! A whole lot of patience, yes believe me, it's what it takes :D

I had forgotten how hard and above all how long it was to draw a beard, I should update my LOTR gallery more often to have more training on it lol. I had naïvely thought this portrait would take less time than the other ones, it seems I was way wrong. I've already spent 33 hours on it and still have a lot to do.
    So for the update, it will be "Half-bearded Obi-Wan" ;)
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape6.jpg]

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    "Half-bearded Obi-Wan"

LOL! ::grins::

This is going amazingly well, aurelia! The lighting and the tone of it is perfect!

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Newcomer here. I just looked at your website and I must tell you that I think your work is jaw-droppingly, truly fantastic.

What a gift you have!

Working in graphite gives your portraits a wonderfully real quality. Portraiture has never been easy for me, so I stand in awe of your talent.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

I'll be checking back to see what you work on next!

oldj

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You started Obi-Wan! :D

And wow, he really looks great. I absolutely love these in-progress pics and it really gives some insight on how you go about doing these wonderful drawings. I can't wait to see this one finished! ;)

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **sits staring raptly, sighing...**

Wow...just wow... His eyes are just riveting--they capture the eyes of the viewer, and it's tough to look away (and to drool over all the other fabulous details of his face...). His beard is looking perfect--like you had him comb through it before you started to draw! Every hair defined, and lying in that perfectly natural way, following the curvature of his cheek, his chin...

**sits staring...**

Beautiful...just beautiful...

FF

19. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks again everyone for all your kind words [face_love] and oldjedinurse thanks for your comments on my website

Obi-Wan will look less strange tonight as i've finished his beard :D
    I still have all the clothes to draw but I'm relieved the face is at last finished :)

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/starwars/wip/obiwan01_etape7.jpg]

20. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    @};-marry me?[face_blush]

-num

Edit: i see jedi-master-faran has already asked! :_|

21. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    aurelia, I'm definately going to be using one of your pieces in the banner I submit to the contest, they are just to good to leave out. :)

22. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I think my heart just stopped. Hopefully it will start again, so I'll be alive to see this when it's complete...

23. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    OMG. I feel like he's going to turn his head in my direction and start talking to me.

It's dazzingly beautiful, Aurélia.

- Suz ^_~

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    :eek: Unbelievable.

Aurélia, your work is simply stunning. I'm basically speechless at this point....

Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :)

25. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.