main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, and Sly Moore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kever20, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kever20

kever20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2004
    I don't know if it has been discussed here before, but I have a few questons about Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, and Sly Moore.

1) Aurra and Asajj both are Jedi killers, of sorts, and they look similar to each other. Are they of the same species?

2) Asajj seems to be too ignorant to be a Dark Jedi, and Aurra seems too casual to be a bounty hunter/Jedi killer. Bad/weak characters for the EU?

3) Sly Moore looks more like Asajj than Aurra. I read that Sly is a telepath, and that she "knows Palpatine's secrets". I was wondering if it is possible that Asajj is really Sly Moore, and if Sly knows about Palpatine/Sidious?

4) What really happened to Asajj and Aurra? They were thought to have been dead, but nothing was confirmed. Asajj hasn't died yet..

2. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Aurra was captured by Aayla Secura, and sent to the Republic prison planet of Oovo IV. At that point, she seemed somewhat more willing to negotiate with the Republic and Jedi. She gave the warden of Oovo IV the names of several bounty hunters who had contracts to kill Jedi. Little is known regarding her fate after this, though there is the possibility that she escaped from Oovo IV somewhat later.

If you have followed Asajj Ventress, you'll see that she's a more skilled Jedi Killer than you're apparently giving her credit for, especially in regard to her lightsaber mastery.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ventress and Aurra Sing are not from the same species. Of intrest is that Aurra Sing was actually once a Jedi Padawan. Ventress, on the other hand, never officially became a Jedi Padawan, but for a time was trained by a Jedi Knight who had been cut off from the Jedi Council when he became stranded on her homeworld. Ventress's Jedi teacher was killed before he could complete her training while Sing was captured by pirates and fed lies that the Dark Woman, her Jedi Master, and the order as a whole, had abandoned her. Apparently Sing already had fears of being abandoned, so she actually believed she was being told the truth. Sing for a time became a pirate and then Some Hutt captured her and had her trained as an assassin by an Anzati. Where as Ventress was left without a teacher because he was killed and came to hate the Republic because her teacher had never been rescued. She also has a very dim view of the Jedi, which I believe she sees as false Jedi.

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    In addition, Sly Moore could not possibly be Asajj, as Asajj was on Rattatak until Dooku found her *after* Episode II.

It is likely, however, that all three characters (and then some) have a shared origin in concept art for Episode I.

TC

5. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Aurra Sing participated in Jabba the Hutt's demolition tournament around the time of Return of the Jedi.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Little is known regarding her fate after this, though there is the possibility that she escaped from Oovo IV somewhat later.<<

Actually, we know for a fact that she did escape, as Anakin encountered her on Tatooine during the events of New Droid Army (set circa 10 months ABG).

7. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    According to Pablo Hidalgo(in Insider#77's Q&A page), Asajj could never grow a topknot; her species doesn't permit that.

8. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Ahh, yes...I forgot that The2ndQuest. Do we know what happened to her after that?

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nope- just that she showed up to participate in Jabba's demolition derby circa ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.