main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aurra Sing's final fate

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthRotten, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    We know. The Sith in the book refer to the Rule of One, of which Krayt has been said to have created in Legacy. The Inferno Sith specifically say their master created the Rule of One as well.

2. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You are forgetting one thing: Sith lie...:p

But I'm sure the leader in question is Krayt. It's just that would be really easy to throw us through a loop with such an obvious connection.

-The Rebel Gungan

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    True, Sith usually lie, but this time, Alema actually finds a small army of red lightsaber wielding Sith, which is definitely not the way things usually work under the Rule of Two. Even under Palpatine, I don't think most of his followers called themselves Sith, or Sith Lords, aside from Vader, and he was part of the Rule of Two. I doubt they were telling the whole truth, even to someone they thought they were going to kill soon, but still, having that many Sith training in one place probably means they're following the Rule of One.

Although it would be interesting to see how the Legacy Sith recruit. A lot of them seem to be born into the Sith, then trained from birth to be fanatically loyal, but some also seem to be "recruited" like Nihl was.

4. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I would actually like to see something like the Highlander rule. People are born Sith but if you can use the force you can challenge a born Sith and take their place if you kill them in combat. That has some serious potential.

-The Rebel Gungan

5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    great theory!
    good job DarthRotten!!!

i hope it turns out to be prophetic!
    would be grat on many levels -- and very appreciated!

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Ackbar_Van_Gungan: everything about what we see in Inferno seems to tie into Darth Krayt's new Sith Order:

* They're based on Korriban, using the planet's obscuration in the Force to hide from the wider Galaxy....

* They're pursuing a long-term plan; implicitly, they disagree with Lumiya's opinion that Skywalker's Jedi will become harder to challenge as time goes on....

* Their leader, who they call "Our Master", was once a prisoner of the Yuuzhan Vong, and has rejected the Rule of Two....

* Representing this, they call themselves "One Sith"; compare the reference to "the One - the Sith order itself" in Star Wars Legacy #0...?

But, as people have said: none of this explicitly proves that the Master is Krayt!! :p

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Wouldn't it be awful and tacky if the "Our Master" of Korriban fame turns out to be a flow-walking Darth Caedus who uses his abilities sometime in the future to ensure that the Sith have a second option and paves the way for them to find and nurture Krayt. Not saying I believe this to be the case, I think Hett founded them, but this would be a heckuva plot swerve.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Where was it stated that Korriban was obscured in the Force?

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Its not so much that planet is hidden in the Force, its that a planet like Korriban has so much darkside energy, from centuries of Sith living there along with the tombs of old Sith Lords, its near impossible to sense individual Force individuals there. Luke's tried his best to destroy Korriban's coordinates so that any ambitious Jedi Padawan with an interest in the Sith and the dark side can just fly there to become a Sith Lord. Alema had to use those coordinates she got on Lumiya's asteroid.

One Force sensitive individual could hide on a regular planet so that another regular strength Force person couldn't find them, but that many Sith would attract notice. However, on Korriban, there's already so much darkside energy, a couple dozen or hundred Sith aren't noticable.

And its almost guaranteed that they're Krayt's order. Lumiya (and possibly Vergere, assuming she was a Sith, and wasn't just lying to Krayt and Lumiya like she lies to just about everybody else) thought Krayt's plan wouldn't work, that they had to take on Luke's NJO now, before it got even stronger, or anywhere near the strength and numbers of the old Jedi Order. Obviously, we know Krayt eventually turns out right though, another reason Cadeus is a moron, as he's just the pawn of bigger idiots. Although there's also Obi-wan's old line about who is the greater fool, the fool or the one who follows the fool.

What was Sing's last appearance before Tempest though? I remember Allya finally beating her at one point, but I can't remember if they captured her or not, as just about every Sing appearance ended with her laughing maniacally, killing a few Jedi, then escaping. And even if Allya managed to beat her, bad guys frequently escape from prison.

I'm still not sure who I find most annoying, Sing, Ventress or Alema. Though Talon's starting to get annoying, but at least Talon's only been around for a dozen or so comics, the rest have been annoying for years. There's never someone of Luke or Obi-wan's skill around to kill them, and even if they're there, they're still usually too busy with other stuff (like Luke was busy with Lumiya while Alema was fighting Mara) to finish them off.

10. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Demolition, a video game set shortly before ROTJ. Before that, she hadn't shown up since The New Droid Army, which took place about a year after AOTC. Her battle with and capture by Aayla happened even before that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.