main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aurra Sing's ship

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    I have to know if Aurra Sing had a ship, and If so what kind was it, and what was it's name?

Thanx for any help

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    She had a blockade runner, which is unnamed

3. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    That can't be... blockade runners are too big. She couldn't pilot one by herself. Blockade runners are any Corellian corvette used to run from the authorities like the Tantive IV from ANH

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    She flies a ship of the same class as the Radian VII from TPM.

5. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    Are you sure.... I need more ideas. I can't just take one person's word for it, plus I've gotten two different responses. Does anybody know the real ship. I'm sure it mentions it in some prequal novel or comic.

6. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    According to the NEGtC, she flies a blockade runner.

7. marmkid

marmkid Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2001
    why do you need it answered really soon?
    sorry i dont know for sure
    ive heard a blockade runner though

8. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    At the time that this was posted, I was pressed on time (I needed to get offline soon), but I don't need the answer really soon now so If any Mods read this, can you please remove that from the title.

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    There was only a pilot and a co-pilot in the Radiant VII - I think -, so I guess a BR can be piloted by a lone pilot, maybe with the help of a droid.

10. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
  11. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Technically, couldn't much of the work on a ship the size of a blockade runner be done by droids?

I doubt Ms. Sing could afford one, though.

12. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    So, your saying that it was a nubian ship right? Like Queen Amidala's?

13. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    No. Aurra Sing's ship was not a Republilc Cruiser. It was similar to the kind of ship that took Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo.

"Republic Cruisers were manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Coroporation, measured 115 meters in length, and required a crew of eight to control. Its forward section resembled that of the later Corellian Gunship, while its aft section was dominated by three Dyne 577 radial atomizing sublight engines. It moved through hyperspace with the help of a Longe Voltrans CD-3.2 tri-arc hyperdrive. Being designed as a purely diplomatic vessel, the ship had no weaponry, but did have 9 escape pods to handle its maximum of sixteen passengers."

(Source: The Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia)

Sing had the ship when she captured some Anzati punk in Dark Horse Presents 2000 - Aurra's Song, some time around TPM. Now, the ship she had looked a lot like a Rep. Cruiser, as it's engines and basic body structure were much the same, but it only had two engines, not three, and the bridge was reminscent of the Blockade Runner seen in ANH.

In The Hunt for Aurra Sing (Dark Horse On-Going #28 - 31), Sing is shown piloting the same ship. I presume she returned to that ship after she escaped the Jedi taskforce sent to capture her.

So... the answers to the original questions are, yes, she had/has a ship; no, we don't know what type for sure; and no, it was not named.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.