main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Aussie Devistation both North and South....Victoria, NSW and Qld.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Just a quick note to say I hope you and your loved ones are all ok in these three places. Horribly ironic that it's flooding in Qld and burning to the ground in Victoria. My heart goes out to those who have lost so much and even more to those who have lost loved ones. Not a great day in Australia's history. :(

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah I heard. :eek: I hope everyone's okay ...

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Mine too, I hope everyone's okay.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    108 Dead as of 11am SA time today, devastating. I am totally overwhelmed with emotions watching the happenings on TV and my heart is breaking. My husband and I are donating $$ to help, its not much, but it helps.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    173 Dead now, more expected.

Shop at Coles Supermarkets on Friday, all profits to the Relief Fund for the Fires.

You know, I wish there was a great big pipe line that we could pump all the excess water from Qld down to Victoria to put the fires out....that would rock and kill two birds with one big pipe shaped stone.

6. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Apparently the death toll in the south has risen to 181. Not sure how up to date that is, though.

Sympathies to anyone who has been affected by these tradgedies!

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The VicFF have a thread there, if you wish to let the Victorians know of your concerns. 181 is the current total, but the word is that it could go as high as 300....that is a nightmare to even consider.

The SAFF have organised a collection/raffle day on Saturday in conjunction with the SA 501st and the SA Rebel Legion. Two 10 kg Cadbury blocks of chocolate will be raffled off at two major shopping centres in Adelaide. Members are costuming up to promote this event and all money will be given to the Red Cross for the Victims of this horrific event.

8. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    Yeah it will go higher because whole towns have been wiped out.

But I gotta say, I LOVE that pic of the Koala drinking from the firefighters bottle. Its just so Aussie. :)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    SAFF Raised $3,840.00 plus yesterday!! In conjunction with the Rebel Legion and the 501st, they did some blooming awesome fund raising by raffling off TWO 10 Kg blocks of Cadbury!!! Well done to the leaderships team that pulled this one off. =D=

10. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    It was a classic showing of SAFF teamwork!!!

Everyone pitched in to make the day a roaring success.

Proud to be a SAFFer. [face_peace]

11. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I would like to give my condolences to those of you there affected by the fires. I was worried when I heard about it on the news as I have a few freinds down there but it seems that they have been largely unaffected. We have watched the development up here in the UK with (for myself at least) horror. [:D] everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.