main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Aussie troops in Iraq

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by CCD, Mar 26, 2004.

?

Aussie troops in Iraq

Poll closed Apr 25, 2004.
  1. Home by Christmas (or some other arbitrary date)

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Stay and finish the job

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    F88?! :eek:

Gimme the M4 with an underslung M203 any day. :p

SCREW CHIVALRY!

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Way to talk down, and as for my sources, debate the content not the source.
    You seem to have something against "grunts" but I'll refrain from name calling here,

Mind expanding on the "felonies" comment? or are you dribbling again? If you have somethoing to say, then by all meams say it, I'm dying of curiousity to know how this came up.

You have the gall to tell me I post like I'm half drunk, well get stuffed, I'm sorry I don't sit at my computer with a thesaurus to make myself look smarter by using bigger words.

I'll happily debate this with you in person, let's see how eloquent you sound when you don't have hours to think of a response.

And as for "Ass-u-ming" given your rather slanderous and wrong presentation of my character, this sounds more your department.

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    :D *glee* :D

Now I really have to make my way to Australia, if only to get some real fun debating in.

That and to get some decent beer for a change. :p

SCREW CHIVALRY!

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    1) I have nothing against grunts - I have friends who are infantrymen - I have stuff against pretension. Being in the AIF, RAAF, or RAAN is a great profession, but acting like you're cleared up to the higher levels is a tad OTT.

2) You want to meet up, fine, we'll go for it. I'll bring the humble pie, but I'm not leaving until you eat every last bite of it, because if you think I only am as good as the time it takes to respond or the sources I let "think for me", you're in for an amazing shock.

You think I sit here and stew on a response to you? [face_laugh] Please, I was meant to be away this weekend at my farm, my cousin couldn't make it, I stayed in Sydney and instead went to see "Fog of War" this afternoon. I can scan the ticket stub, if you'd like. The only person I'll like craft a response for is farraday; and no offense, but you're nowhere near his league, nor are you likely to be ever.

E_S

5. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    S_M (Huh a-huh a-huh "S and M" huh a-huh a-huh[/butthead])

(sorry, on a sugar and kick-ass music high, that and it's 2:11 am EST, so my posts may seem a little wild)

I'd really like to see a response to the following point I made in my previous post:

The US has also failed in the past, absolutely miserably and to the cost of thousands upon thousands of lives. I guess you could say my backing of the UN is the result of the lesser of two evils.

You've heard of Srebrenica, right? Or maybe Rwanda? Maybe Mogadishu, Somalia rings a bell?

"Thousands upon thousands of lives."

Now, how is the UN the lesser of two evils here?

SCREW CHIVALRY!

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I still see no answer to why you decided to use the word "felony" in responding to me, and I have never, ever pretended to be cleared up to higher levels, so there you go assuming again.

"no offense" ?

I take every offence at your post, half drunk? hanging out with ppl 16 years younger than me? pretending to be cleared for higher levels? do you even know me?
    No you bloody well don't!

And the day I would feel humbled in front of a stuck up little smart arse like you is a frosty day in hell.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Gimme the M4 with an underslung M203 any day.

I believe we're looking into switching off the domestic Steyr AUG variant (the F88) to either the Colt Commando or a domestic replicant thereof; we're still keeping the FN Minimi as the F89 for the SAW.

E_S

8. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    I believe we're looking into switching off the domestic Steyr AUG variant (the F88) to either the Colt Commando or a domestic replicant thereof; we're still keeping the FN Minimi as the F89 for the SAW.

Welcome to the world of decent firepower. :p

SCREW CHIVALRY!

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You could also make a dig at me for going to a private school if you want. I mean, you're grasping at straws and I can't help but take pity on a drowning man.

You say I talk down to you, and yet you've done that from the beginning. I'm not saying I wasn't a haughty-ass ******, I was. But please, don't act like a wounded victim here when you're guilty of crimes far disproportinate to the ones you claim victimhood for.

Now, you've made a bunch of assumptions about me without knowing who you're dealing with, and that's fine, it's the net - you're just part of John Gabriel's Unreal Tournament 2004 Theory. But to say that there's no way you could admit you're wrong - different kettle of fish entirely, amigo.

E_S

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Still waiting to hear about the felon comment dude.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Welcome to the world of decent firepower.

I should point out we're currently also using the 5.56mm round. Whereas the Colt Commando/M4 has a muzzle velocity of something like 900metres per second (on a model 723 Carbine), the Steyr AUG has a muzzle velocity of 970 metres per second. So, if by "modern firepower" you mean newer, smaller guns, then thank you, otherwise: :p ;)

:D

E_S

12. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    So, if by "modern firepower" you mean newer, smaller guns, then thank you, otherwise

I mean stuff that doesn't look like the Noisy Cricket's older brother.

"Feel like I'm gonna break the damn thing!"

SCREW CHIVALRY!

13. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Long winded bastards, you're hurting my eyes!

Why would people take digs at other people for having gone to a private school? Just because I had to wear a woollen skirt down to my ankles, huh? Big deal, it's not funny!!! ^;^

"I am so smart, S-M-R-T!"

14. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    *activates ecchi mode*

Hello foxy!

*skootches down the bar*

What brings you to this debate? ;)

:p

SCREW CHIVALRY!

15. foxy_kenobi

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh, you know, all these men with their big words and guns and testosterone, I'm just about sliding off my chair! tee hee ^.^>

Can I have a turn of your gun? ^.<

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would people take digs at other people for having gone to a private school?

Jealousy, usually.

E_S

17. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    *turns thread into singles bar*

Can I have a turn of your gun? ^.<

Yes ma'am, you can do whatever you like. ;) :p

SCREW CHIVALRY!

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Jealousy, usually.

Assuming again, getting good at it to, how do you know I never went to a private school? You don't.

19. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Assuming again, getting good at it to, how do you know I never went to a private school? You don't.

Because people usually don't make fun of themselves. Well, except me, I'm a master of self-depricating humor, 'cause I'm, you know, insane.

SCREW CHIVALRY!

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    foxy asked a question, about why people have a problem with private school kids. I answered. It had nothing to do with you, so just relax.

E_S

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Foxy asked the question, but it was you who offered up that tripe to "give me a straw". So yes, you were assuming again.

22. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    "Assuming!"

Jifty likes that word!

It's like lymphocyte!

Lymph-lymph-lymphocyte! A-lympho-lymphocyte!

Ed found it! :D

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Dirty rotten 3:30 am EST. :p

I'll be back on sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening, when I make it back to campus.

This spring break was a definite bust, but what else did I expect since all my friends around here are stationed in the desert. :p

GOODNIGHT AUSTRALIA, WE LOVE YOU!

*drifts off to sleep, with Evangelions and Witch Hunters dancing in his head*

SCREW CHIVALRY!

23. foxy_kenobi

Dec 11, 2000
    I guess some people might be jealous. I was jealous of the public school kids. They were nun-free and allowed to look at boys. And they didn't have massive spikes surrounding their schools! They said it was to keep people out for security reasons, but the spikes were facing inwards godammit, INWARDS!!! ^;^

So, show me how this gun thingy works...pretty puh-lease? What happens when I push this button... ^.^

24. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    What happens when I push this button... ^.^

I go off.

I mean it goes off.

I mean, I'm asleep now.

SCREW CHIVALRY!

25. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Ender-Sai, Sith Magician does have somewhat of a point. Your arguments, whilst compelling and document driven, are laced with more than a smidgeon of arrogance. Also, another bitter pill to swallow is how you make it a mission, to one way or another insult anyone you deem 'not worthy'. Now I'm not saying Sithy there has a halo on his head or anything, but surely, someone as educated as you could see the virtue in keeping it civil.

Also, you are right in relation to my 'casual' knowledge to the inner workings of Gulf politics. I certainly have not your learnings when it comes to the legalities of war and so forth, nor do I care to. However, regardless of my knowledge(or lack of) to what our soldiers are doing over there, my opinion is that they should not be involved anymore. However, if you feel Ender-Sai, that I'm not entitled to that opinion, well, that's your opinion.

PostScriptum - If my name is casual, and my knowledge of a certain matter is casual, then isn't that coincidence rather than irony? Oh well, who am I to argue, I was just a lowly Arts student mate.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.