main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Austin Fan Force Meetings

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Apr 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hi Everyone! Let the Austin Fan Force meetings resume! For now, Austin Fan Force meetings will be held the first Saturday of each month. Times and locations may vary.

Next Austin Fan Force Meeting:
    ==============================
    THIS Saturday, April 7th
    Central Market Cafe at 40th & Lamar
    Outside on the patio, look for the Star Wars table topper
    3pm - 4pm

There's lots to discuss: Magic of Myth Tour, Star Wars Celebration 2002, collecting and more.

Hope to see you all there!

-Anne

2. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I will be there!!!

Big Chris

3. ACE-WINDU

ACE-WINDU Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2001
    GREETINGS TO THE GREAT AUSTIN FAN FORCE!!!!
    IN CASE YOUR ARE WONDERING, WHO IS ACE-WINDU???? IT'S ME FRED(FORMALLY ORT-MAN). WELL ITS BEEN ALMOST TWO MONTHS SINCE I'VE BEEN ON LINE AND IT HAS FELT LIKE TWO YEARS. THINGS ARE PRETTY NICE HERE IN WACO, TOYS ARE ALOT EASIER TO COME BY, SINCE MOST COLLECTORS ARE INTO HOT WHEELS INSTEAD OF STAR WARS. I HAVE MANAGED TO MEET UP WITH SOME TRUE HARDCORE STAR WARS FANS, SO I THINK IT'S TIME FOR A WACO FAN FORCE. ANNE MAYBE YOU CAN LET ME KNOW WHO TO CONTACT AND OR WHAT I HAVE TO DO, FOR WACO TO BECOME A FANFORCE CHAPTER. HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL, WHO KNOWS I MAY JUST POP IN TO ONE OF THE MEETINGS. GOTTA GO, BYE FOR NOW.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!
    ACE-WINDU

P.S MY E-MAIL IS FJEDI4@PRODIGY.NET

4. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    Hey, Ort-Man!!!! Good to hear from you!! It's Joanzia (formerly Qui-Gon Joan). I know who can help you with a Waco FanForce. Me!! :) I am now a Global Support Admin at FanForce along with being the Southwest RSA so I can help you. I will send you some info about it. :)

Hey Austin FanForce!! Have a great meeting this weekend!! :) Hey, Big Chris, what did you think of DUALITY?

5. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Duality.....I enjoyed it alot. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it none the less. :) Now, Brains and Steel, I LOVED that one!!!

Big Chris

6. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I never been to one of these meetings but am very interested to go to the next one.

7. Aerica

Aerica Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Hello! I've only recently heard about these "Fan Force" things, and I was wondering what exactly it's about. Sorry, but these local SW clubs kinda scare me...I've never known anyone (in person) who likes Star Wars. Oh, and I go to the University of Texas at Austin. Just saying.

8. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    Hello! Well, there are lots of SW fans in Austin. The most dedicated come to our little meetings. We talks about events, collecting, Star Wars in general. One of our members works at UT Austin. I used to work there. We have a wide range of members. I set the meetings for an hour, but we usually talk much more than that. It's fun. Hope you can join us.

9. Jrock

Jrock Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 1998
    I would be interested in attending the meeting, only problem is I've got a family engagement in San Antonio this weekend :(

I've never attended the fan meetings in Austin (just moved up here about a year ago,) and actually havent been to TF.N in a LONG time, but was part of the San Antonio Blockbusters when E1 was released, camped out in line, etc. for it too; Is there some sort of mailing list for the Austin Fanforce? I'd like to know when the meetings occur so I can plan to attend :)

Chris (aka Jrock)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.