main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Australian Survivor Discussion!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by stinrab, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Guess this kinda warrants its own thread since it'll be going on for another 13 or so weeks.

Ok, so what'd everyone think about the new show?

It was as cheap as I thought it'd be, baring more similarities to Ch7's Treasure Island than Yankee Survivor. The product placements were laughable (they find a camera in the camp and, shockingly, an ad for that camera comes on... yeeeesh). The outcome of the first challenge was pretty funny too. Great organisation, guys :p

However, I'm glad Lucinda went (what an old nag... and what an idiot! As if you'd NOMINATE YOURSELF!). Jane is hot but probably won't last long.

Hopefully next week will be better (it's hard to tell from week 1)

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Yeah, Lucinda was pissing me off to the max. Whine whine whine.

Still gotta love that "40 minutes later" thing that came up during the first challenge. And how easy were those questions!

3. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    it was totally lame. I only watched a minute of it, but it was sooooooooo.......cheap, as previously mentioned. and it's hardly harsh terrain either.

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Channel 9 better bloody show Survivor 4 - if not give it to ANOTHER network!

5. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I wasted 60 min of my life and Channel Nine had better give it back LOL.

Honest opinion? It was nothing short of total horror. Could someone please confirm that no-one from Overseas will see this?

It looked like the poor man's version of the original and I laughed my head off when the "Challenge did not work"(Heck the Yanks would have had a plan for that).

I will give it one more go and with luck next week I'll only cringe through half the show.

6. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    "Could someone please confirm that no-one from Overseas will see this?"[/]

too bad, we got it. :D

caught the end of it tonight, it was pretty bad. lets just hope NZ doesn't follow and make and even more budget version (although we probably will) :(

7. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    One of the problems is the location. I mean, when you've got the ocean, right there and it's teeming with fish, and you give them freaking fishing line, it's not that hard.

8. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    My problem with the location is the lack of bikini weather.

9. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    The preview for next week showed a lot of bikinis

10. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I thought it would have been a bit nippy for bikinis. Well, things are looking up.

11. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    On behalf of all south australian i'd like to say sorry for the utter crapness of everything thats ever come out of the state. (except Coopers) :) (and me)

12. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    Didn't everyone love the colour co-ordinated jackets? Geez they did it hard.

13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    And only $500,000 for the prize money? [face_laugh]

And it will be shown in NZ....the only country Ch9 were allowed by contract to sell it to ;)

EDIT: I knew Lucinda was gonna get the axe first time round. I could tell....it was like the will of the Force or something!

14. mutley

Nov 13, 1998
    This show is so great it's taken almost 4 days for a reply.

Leave while you can...........

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Don't panic, the show is on tonight, so it'll have more posts tomorrow.

16. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Tim shouldn't have been voted off tonight. Why the heck is David the sickguy still there?

And was that nude shot of whatsherface *really* necessary?

17. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    The nude shot of old lady Scion... made me feel sick! :)

Yeah - I thought it was either going to be David or Caren to get the axe... couldn't believe it was Tim, after all, he was made out to be the 'father figure'...

Get's me thinking that there is an Alliance made already...

18. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Out of the cumilated 10 minutes of the show I got to see, I did see the nude shot. It looked like it was put in just so channel 9 can say they showed a naked old chick.

Boring challenges tonight. Last weeks might not have worked, but flaming spears is a lot more exciting than standing on slices.

19. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Voting Tim off tonight was a big mistake.
    David is gonna screw funky cold Kardina up in the rest of their challenges and he'll go next week. I bet!

And naked old bird......I dunno.
    It's a total mystery [face_laugh]

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeh, that challenge sucked. They must have known that it would be piss easy to stay ont he wedges until the VERY last one... so it goes on for about 5 minutes while they take one by one, and by the end, one team wins freaking IMMUNITY just by keeping balance a few seconds later than the other. Er.

And, uh, does anyone else think the host is lame? I mean, that Jeff guy rules in the US version... he's likeable, and he actually gets on with everyone. Our guy is like a high school teacher or something. Merely informing them what they have to do. Even the "question and answer" times are so uhh... not natural.

And yes, it's soo very budget. Will this end up being another Boot Camp? Probably not... Channel 9 will just pump up the exposure of it if viewers decrease. They won't let this baby flop if they can help it.

When does the new US Survivor start? And what's the story? We won't be getting it at all over here because of this dodgy Aussie version?

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Yes, we are getting this drivel instead of Survivor 4... and if we do EVER get it, it will be well after the winner is known! :(

22. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    I saw a clip of Survivor4 on ET today. It looks like we're missing out on a good one [face_plain]

Last night's episode was just a big advertisement for Cadbury and Ford. Ugh. So laaaame

But we get at least one more week of Jane

23. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I saw a snippet on Letterman last night. It looks like the best setting for one yet.

I saw the ad for Oz last week and it said that there was some "action", I missed the first 40 minutes last night, so what was the extent of it?

That dude giveing the directions for the losing driving teams needed to shutup too.

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I was suprised that Jeff was voted off instead of Jane... I really hope Katie doesn't make the final 4 or 3... she loves her self... her over-competitiveness and over-confidences makes her look arrogant.

Yes, I have checked out Survivor 4 via the website, and it looks great!

http://www.cbs.com/survivor

25. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    I have been saying that about Katie since day one. I know people like her and they're usually pretty easy to identify

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.