main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authentication of Tokyo Disneyland Star Tours Posters

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Venture, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venture

Venture Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

New to the Star Wars boards, and I've come with a purpose. I'm a huge Disney collector, and consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to merchandise that comes from the Disney parks, but something on ebay has me stumped.

There is somebody selling Star Tours posters from Tokyo Disneyland, and they're stating that they are artist proofs. The seller provides a lot of information, but I can't find any way to confirm what they're saying. I'm hoping some of the more knowledgeable folks here can help me with authentication. Does anyone know if there's a way to tell that these are the real deal? Does anyone have info on how hard these would be to come by? Should anyone really be paying that asking price?

Thanks for any help you all can provide, it's much appreciated!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you post a link to the auction? (Use the 'link' button on the Post Reply screen or see the Markup Codes section in the forum header for info on posting links). I took a quick look in one of my collecting books but it didn't list Star Tours posters. Maybe if we see a pic someone will have some information.

3. Venture

Venture Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2007
    I didn't think posting a link would be allowed, the title of the auction is: Star Wars Tokyo Disneyland Star Tours Posters Disney

The auction # is: 120091501029

If someone says it's ok to post a link, I will.

4. Venture

Venture Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2007
    Oh wait, you're a Forums Manager, so if yu asked, you shall receive:

clickee

Fixed the link - you need to give it a name between the ] and [.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can't post a link to advertise an auction on Ebay. However, you can to ask a question or make a point (such as to laugh at someone for paying an enormous amount of money for a common figure).

I'd say those look authentic, but I don't read Japanese nor do I have Sansweet's poster book. Hopefully one of the forum regulars can help. I'm not sure if those are worth the BIN price he is asking though.

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I do have steve sansweets work email address but I dont think he would agree with his email inbox hammered with emails in regards to collectables when its strictly to do with fan relations.
    I say the best bet is go over to here;
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=vintagenontoys
    copy and paste the pictures from the auction into your post and ask if anyone can help you over there as some of the hardcore collectors will be able to help you out.

7. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Looks fake.

8. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Bad art, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.