main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Author Analysis: John Ostrander

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Yeah, well, looking back, a lot was horrible about Galactic Battlegrounds...
    Except for those who like to build walls brick by brick

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Villie was in GB? I suppose that's what I get for playing it before I'd started reading SW comics.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, he's in there. He (or at least his generic self) is the Gungans' bounty hunter. You can get the real Villie in the level editor.

4. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Way cool. I have the Aayla figure. Now i have to get Quin and Villie -- if I can.<g>

-- John

5. jfostrander

Jul 16, 2001
    You're right. I got the two titles confused. However, one fact remains -- Villie was created FIRST for TWILIGHT. jan and i are Villie's somewhat dubious Ma and Pa.

-- John

6. jfostrander

Jul 16, 2001
    That's how I hear him when I write him. Villie, btw, is one of my fave characters to dialogue. He's dangerous. He's SO much fun he has a tendency to take over the stories in which he appears. Jan and wanted to bring him in more during the Clone Wars but couldn't because he always wound up taking up too much of the plot.

-- John

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    You say that like its a bad thing. :p

8. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    In Star Wars comics, Villie writes YOU!

9. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Well, whenever I read something he's in, inadvertently I always think 'hope he gets a big part!', so I guess it goes for the author as much as for the reader...

10. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Congratulations Havac. You've just taken your first step into a larger world.

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Just out of curiosity John, since you're in the neighborhood (so to speak), can you give us (me) a rough idea of how much longer 'til we get some more Ghost Luke Lectures in Legacy? The first was great, and I'd love to see a few more. Ossus perhaps?

12. jfostrander

Jul 16, 2001
    If I tell you when, even approximately, then it would take away the surprise when he DOES show up. It won't be all that often, gang. Don't want to overdo the idea.

-- John

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I have to admit, I've reread Purge a staggering 3 times in the last few months. I just love the innane ways mages die . . . (Blast Radius! Yeah, just stand there and get lava dunked!) . . . and was really looking forward to seeing. Which I didn't, as the mages made Vader work for it.

The entire Endgame TPB had excellent issues. It was great to see snowy Toola, an American native Indian looking girl, elf looking wizard. The Rhino heads were a blast, hurry up and TPB Dark Times 1! Rootrock and Bomo are names begging to be made fun of, just hear them beg, but I liked them too much. I noticed in one issue, when the elf visited Coruscant, several faces who would later appear in Purge. That was a good touch.

Liked the big ogre Jedi with the double saber blades, the traitoress' hairstyle and cool, confident persona. Liked the way Vader got taken down, his creative attacks.

Clone Wars was a hit and miss. What was mundane was mundane . . . but what was exemplar really was stellar. :cool:

14. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    John's pretty cool. His stories are wonderful. Needs more cheesy action one-liners, but that's a personal preference. :p

Legacy, as a series, is just so overflowing with ideas and places to go that I can't help but be impressed with the amount of thought that's been put into it. Bravo, lad.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I like the cheesy one-liners as well...I recently started reading the Clone Wars comics TPB's (I've done 1-3 thus far) and Alpha totally cracks me up.

16. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    You mean to tell me they don't give you first dibs on something like that????? For shame Hasbro, for shame!

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Don't complain, that guy in Stargate Atlantis has a close resemblance to Vos. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.