main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Author Appreciation: BE NICE, PEOPLE!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Niralle, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niralle

Niralle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    I think that there is only one direction that this thread is likely to take.

Okay, not sure how many of these there have been, but oh, well.

I know we all love to nag about something we DON'T like in the EU books. The plots...the dialogue...someone's out of character. Hey, I'm a master at it, so I have no room to complain, (about you guys). :p

However, for this one thread, let's put the skepticism aside. I want you to write something nice and appreciative about one or two of your favorite authors. Explain why you like them, and what specific books of their's you've enjoyed.

And, one more thing...NO ARGUING! If one person likes one author and you don't, don't explain why HE shouldn't like them. Just accept it.

It's all about the love. [face_love]

2. Kane-Starkiller

Kane-Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    I like Aaron Allston because he makes me laugh a lot.

I like Michael A. Stackpole because he makes books with good plots good situations and exciting ends.

I like Tim Zahn because he created Mara Jade, Talon Karrde, and Thrawn, and made five great books.

I like A.C Crispin because she is an ace writting Han Solo, Chewacca and Lando. (And the Hutts)

I like Kevin Anderson and Barbara Hambly because they aren't writting and they aren't going to write any more SW books...

Kane

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Well, the whole "be nice, no skepticism" part just went out the window. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.