main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Author Forum

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 26, 2002.

?

Author Forum

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Keep it

71.0%
  2. Delete it

29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  2. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Bringing finality to the proposals I have presented over the last week, it is obvious that the seperate books and comics forums are not wanted by a majority of the users in the literature forum, and of course, I accept that decision.

I will now delete the books forum. The reason that I did create it, was to trial it as previously mentioned, and to give everyone a working example of what I was proposing. I wasn't trying to be arrogant, dictative, or anything else that I have been lately labled! :)

However, there seems to be a lot of support for the author forum. That is why I want to have a final guage of support for this forum. I will post a copy of this thread in EU Community, post it in the introduction of the author forum and JC Communications. Please bear in mind that I have communicated the existance of this forum to many authors, and I believe with your support, can work. It would be a shame to see it go.

Again, thanks for your patience over this past week, it has been trying, and I have learnt a lot. I tried to engage opinion and debate as best I could and involve everyone in the decision process.

Regards,

Michael "The Gatherer" Potts

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Keep the authors, get rid of the books.

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    what's the point? We talk about the authors on this board anyways. And I don't think it'll get that much attention. That's just me, though.

5. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I say keep it.

6. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    IAmTheDarkSide - the Books forum has been deleted...

7. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Good, now try getting some authors to pop in and say HI. And for goodness' sake give Jan Duursema and John Ostrander threads!

8. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    For god's sake - be patient! :)

I am at work right now - and will keep adding threads soon - they are next on the list! :)

9. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The "Authors" forum hasn't even been around for a week yet. Shouldn't we run this trial a bit longer before making any final decisions?

10. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    God - I can't please everyone!

* I shouldn't have done this at all
    * I shouldn't have asked for opinion
    * I shouldn't have had a trial
    * The trial is too long
    * The trial is too short
    * I am arrogant by doing this
    * Blah, blah, blah

Give me a break, I can't please everyone! :)

I just want to get finalisation to this mess... I wish I had never given my proposal. And to think that I was thinking of the betterment of the literature forum! :)

11. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I say keep it.

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Gatherer,

I say keep Author/Artist forums, and I'm not sorry to see Books go.

I already encouraged by your new Author forum seeing author Abel Pena (Halagad_Ventor) posting in both the regular EU Lit. forum like he always has, but also checking out and posting in the author forum as well offering suggestions.

I think in six months with some work, Lit. is going to have a true gem in the way of the author forum which can't be matched by any other forum here or anywhere else on the 'net.

That's my opinion. I see the Author forum as an extremely positive move with a lot of possibilities.

But, whatever you think, don't think of the overwhelming response to the Books forum as anything negative. I'm sure we all respect that you and our other mods are always trying to make Lit. better.

13. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the feedback Ghengis12! :)

14. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I think the author forum is an excellent idea and will work out fine as long as people remeber that it is there and keep checking it.

-Mandalore

15. Hapan_Kickboxer

Hapan_Kickboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    aww, poor frustrated Gatherer, :: soothing, petting motion :: Nice Gatherer, Good Gatherer....

no, you can't please everyone, can you? :)

HK

16. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Mandalore, you (and everyone else!) can put the Authors Forum in your favourite forums list.

17. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Keep it. I like the ability to go and discuss an author specifically. :D its a good thing.

18. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm on it Gatherer. I may not post there a bunch, but I will be sure to lurk.

19. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I just had a good idea for a new forum. A lit poll forum. One of the reasons we lost polls is because admins and various posters, myself included, got tired of having to look several pages into the forum to find something other than polls. All that we'd have in a polls forum would be polls, so all we'd be looking for several pages into the forum would be a certain poll.

20. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Thats not a bad idea! We could then link any thread over to the poll and not have to look at them in the Lit Forum!

Great idea!!! :D

21. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I'm glad that it looks like we're keeping the Author forum. It was a good idea. I hope to see some more authors there in the future.

No point in saying anything else; it's already been said a dozen times in a dozen different ways. ;)

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    it has potential

23. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I like it. Talking about authors and all their works, not just the stuff they throw into the Star Wars saga.

24. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Wow I agree with Wedge, I am learning alot about authors non-Star Wars books. And Gatherer, all the work you put into the boards is greatly appreciated, honest. You make me feel like you are just another Lit Poster, not a mod or administrator. Thanks for being so helpful.

25. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    What a kiss-ass. ;) ;) :D

JUST KIDDING!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.