main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authors you'd like to see work in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Moogi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    He actually did some work for SW Tales, iirc, the rather excellent TROOPER short story.

2. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Oh, I didn't know that. But he should do more of it anyway..

3. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Anne Rice has found religion. She no longer writes about Vampires or Witches. Perhaps in the era in which she was doing so, she could have written a sith book, but I daresay now-a-days, she won't.

Plus, the sexual undercurrent to her works during her Vampire era would have likely been deemed inappropriate for Star Wars, which only ventures out of PG-land for violence.

4. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I am going to have to agree with Master_Ikari and Mr. Ostrander and pick Geoff Johns. Anyone who has seen his amazing work in the current "Sinestro Corps War" knows that he has what it takes to do a true sci-fi epic. His writing is pretty Star Wars-y as it is.

5. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Ah but you admit she would have made a great sith book granted it might be for 17+ but it'd be a good read.

6. DancinBrud

DancinBrud Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    I'd also love to see Brubaker do a few Star Wars comics. It's so easy to picture him writing a great crime story set in the lower reaches of Coruscant, but I'd actually like to see him tackle the film characters. I mean, this is the guy who made Captain America riveting! Imagine what he could do with the more naturally interesting characters of the movies!

7. Moogi

Moogi Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2007
    GOD YES. I worship Douglas Adams. I pray daily for his Second Coming. If we resurrect him, we have to make him write a sixth Hitchhiker book first, then he can do Star Wars. Let him write a spoof/novelization of the movies. I'd like to see how he cynically re-interprets the dramatic moments. :)

And to those who suggested Anne Rice... NO. Keep the angst as far away from Star Wars as possible, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.