main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authors

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MajinKaze, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Hi! Perhaps I haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen anything announced about which, if any, authors are going to be at the Celebration for book signings.

Am I just missing any info?

2. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I don't even know what the book signings are going to be yet..and I'm working at them!
    I spoke to the store manager this on Saturday and she told me there was a conference call this week, she was going to call me and let me know what was going on.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Keep us posted!

4. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I'm going to have Warwick Davis autograph his new book. Does that count? :D

5. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    any news on whose going to be signing books? I have lots to get signed. would like to know which ones to take..

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    From talking with the Del Rey staff at Comic-Con, the Del Rey authors that are coming are the three Fate of the Jedi crew: Aaron Allston, Christie Golden, and Troy Denning.

I'm sure DK Books and some of the other publishers are also sending some authors as well.

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Come, Lord Stover, come! [face_praying]

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'd love it if Jude Watson (or whatever her real name is) came, but I've hardly ever heard about her making any appearances for the Scholastic Jedi books she's done.

9. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    OPX has him under the canceled section but have said this:

Warwick will be attending CV but unable to join us in the autograph area full time. We hope to offer a drop off service for Warwick. Customers who pre-ordered a ?send-in? item, or ?you-pick? item will have those items signed.

10. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can 'drop off' the book for him to sign.

11. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Any idea where the authors will be located? I would love to get troy denning autograph on tatoonie ghost

12. Grog_StarKiller2

May 19, 2007
    I would guess at the Del-Rey booth in the Dealers Hall...That's from past experience of the last 3 celebrations.

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    John Jackson Miller (of the Lost Tribe of the Sith series, and the upcoming Knight Errant novel and comic) will also be at CV, so sayeth his blog.

and a special Knight Errant #0 comic/novel excerpt.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It looks like there's a Knight Errant panel scheduled for Saturday, so I sure hoped JJM would be attending. :p

15. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Is there a fee to having the authors autograph?

16. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm attending a book convention in Orlando this weekend. I'm going to network between a couple managers and should know more by Monday or Tuesday. I'm anxious too...

17. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Usually not. I had Timothy Zahn and Matt Stover each autograph a book of mine at C3 and they were free and very friendly. Got Timothy Zahn at the end of his presentation, and Matt Stover was in the exhibit hall at the Del Rey booth.

Didn't get anyone at C4, and waiting to see who else will be at C5.

18. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    The authors usually don't charge for autographs. They are happy to sign copies of their books, as that is where their money comes from the book sales. Actors usually charge because its a way of making extra money when jobs are few or far between.

19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Not much chance of any of the old guard from Bantam there, are there?:(

20. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    some of the 'old guard' are still writing SW, like Timothy Zahn. and some of them may be attending as attendees (check their blogs) as opposed to being part of the official contingent from Del Rey or the other LucasBooks licensees.

i've never seen an author anywhere charge for an autograph. however i have been to signings where because the author was so popular, that the event was ticketed, and tickets only given to those who purchase the author's new book or any of the author's works from the store. at conventions, authors pretty much are just grateful that someone enjoyed their work and like to sign for fans.

coming:
    * Del Rey:
    Aaron Allston
    Christie Golden
    Troy Denning

* Del Rey / Dark Horse:
    John Jackson Miller

* Chronicle Books:
    Ben Burtt

known not to be coming:
    Sean Williams

21. Senator_Palpy

Senator_Palpy Jedi Master

Mar 18, 2005
    You can add Drew Karpyshyn to your list. He confirmed on his website.

22. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    I got a little bit of information today from the person who scheduled me at the Barnes and Noble booth. There will be a Del Rey author signing on Thursday from 6-7 at our booth, Friday from 2:30-4:30 (with Ryder). More on Saturday. I'll know more on Monday, when I get info about picking up my badge. Somebody canceled...the guy that helped me was not real into this it seems, he just said "the guy who does the guides?"??

23. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    CV Authors Update

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Autographs/

24. Grog_StarKiller2

May 19, 2007
    Awesome Thanks for the post JediJustin...

25. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    I tried to call this afternoon to find out who canceled, but no one was in.
    I hope is wasn't Dan Wallace, I would like to get one of my Essential Guides autographed.

I spent the last few hours digging out stuff I want to get signed. I hope to get my Chronicle Books 'Anakin Skywalker, The Story of Darth Vader' signed by Sansweet and McQuarrie. I'm not sure which Troy Denning books I want signed yet. I have them all. I def. want my copy of 'Rogue squadron' signed as well as 'Outcast' by Allston and Omen for Golden.I've also have a readers advance of the Oragami Yoda book.. maybe some of my audio books, I went through a faze where I was collecting them.
    I'll have my comic action pack with Quinlan Vos signed by Jan Duursema.
    The other stuff I'm going to bring and hope to get signed are Jedi vs. Sith for Chris Trevas and Ryder Windham, Star Wars Insider #81 for Robert Hendrickson and some books with cover art by Steven Anderson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.