main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Authour Wars: Fanfic Writers enter the SW universe [Please Read]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by thegreatyoda, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Okay, there's ONE more post which I will have to do tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but if my parents catch me up this late, I'll be in big trouble. Hope this holds you.

Mikel raised his blaster. His hands were trembling so badly that he almost dropped it.
    /I can?t./ he thought to himself even as he took aim.

/I can?t./
    Tears blurred Mikel?s vision.

/But I have to./

Mikel tried to force his fingers to pull the trigger, it was what he had to do.

But he couldn?t. Mikel lowered the gun.

Crimson Jedi had seen it coming. He had known that Mikel?s love for Kim might keep him from doing what he had to. He understood completely and he sympathized, but it had to be done. Everyone was still and waiting, even Amidala, they were letting their feelings cloud their judgment. Crimson knew what he had to do. He quickly brought his blaster up. Every cell in his body screamed at him to stop, to save his friend, but he pushed it aside.

"I?m sorry." He whispered.

He began to pull the trigger, but the touch of a blaster on his temple stopped him. He didn?t need to look over to know who it was.

"Please Mikel." Said Crimson "I have to."

Mikel shook his head.

"I can?t! We can?t!"

"Do it!" shouted Kim "Do it, before it?s too late!"

It already was. The blasters were ripped from the hands of Mikel and the rest by invisible hands. Sith Queen laughed.

"I knew it." she crowed "Too weak to do what is needed."

Sith Queen stood up slowly and began to head for the door.

"I?m going to leave you now, Kim." she said "Leave you with the knowledge that I?m out there and that there is no way to stop me."

Kim closed her eyes as Sith Queen stood up. The Sith had been right, she hadn?t been strong enough to accept death. She had tried to make her friends do it, but it was a choice that she had to make alone. She reached out for The Force .

"Help me." she whispered "Give me the strength to do what I must."

She felt The Force swirl around her, like a warm wind. And for the first time, the Force truly spoke to her.

"Another way." It seemed to whisper "There is another way."

/How?/

"It is within. You know what to do."

Kim opened her eyes and smiled. She did know what to do.

Sith Queen knew she had won. She walked towards the door of the cargo bay without so much as a glance backwards. She had enough time to get off the station before it crashed, and then she would start over. The loss of Skywalker was a setback to be sure, but now that he and the other Jedi knew the truth about Kim, they wouldn?t dare attack. The Dark Side blared a sudden warning. She whirled around, igniting her lightsaber. What fool?

It was Kim.

She attacked quickly but not blindly. Every thrust and jab was perfectly timed. She also had the advantage of surprise on her side. A moment later Sith Queen had lost her lightsaber and was laying on her back.

Kim stood over her doppelganger triumphantly, her Lightsaber inches away from the face of the Dark Mistress.
    Sith Queen smiled grimly and let out a small chuckle.

"How noble." she whispered "Sacrificing yourself for your friends. But I don?t think you have it in you."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." said Kim.

Off to the side Jessie gasped.

"Oh God, she's going to do it...she's going to kill herself."

"No," said Kim softly,"I won't".

"Oh?" laughed Sith Queen "Then how do you plan to stop me?"

"With the one thing you?ll never understand." answered Kim "Love."

And with that she reached out for the Force. She connected with it feeling it wrap around her like a suit of armor.

A look of terror came over Sith Queen's face.

"Wh...What are you doing?"

Kim did not answer she just used the Force as she had planned. She thought of all the good things in the universe her friends, her family, her love for Mikel. The Force surged around her like a river growing in intensity, she pushed

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *sobs hysterically*

Yoda! That was absolutely beautiful! :_| I can't stop crying! *dabs her eyes with a tissue* Absolutely stupendous! :)

Can't wait for that last post! Keep up the wonderful work! :D

AQ

3. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  4. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    Aw shucks, AQ. [face_blush] And I was afraid I would get blasted for the Zen type solution.

5. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *grins* I absolutely loved it! It was great! Can't wait to see that last post!

Then it's on to the sequel! Yahoo!

AQ

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    No post? :( :_|

DRL kidnapped you, didn't he? *growls and attacks DRL. Screams can be heard*

That's better! :D

AQ

7. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    Okay, the post *WILL* be up sometime today! I have a doctors appointment that I have to go to and then [I hope, I pray, I beg] I'll finish this off.

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Doctors? Eep! *runs and hides behind Qui-Gon and DV*

Doctors scare me! :(

AQ

9. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I agree with AQ... I seriously had tears welling up in my eyes.

Bravo!

10. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    [no message]

11. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Ah- yoda! You taunt us with a no message! :p

12. Sabras_Saber

Sabras_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    *sobs happily* Happy DANCE!! *dances*
    ahem.... :D

13. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm sorry I haven't posted. I'm recovering from a 48 hour straight migrane, which felt roughly like someone puting a lightsaber in my head and turning it around and around and around. Anyway, I'll try and put the post up today.

14. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *AQ runs in and chops Darth Migrane in half with her lightsaber* LEAVE YODA ALONE YOU FREAK! LET HIM POST! Grrr! [face_devil]

I'll be keeping an eye out! ;)

AQ

15. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Feel better yoda!

16. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I know the feeling TGY, I just got back from Mexico... beautiful posts! I love them!

17. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    Mexico huh?

*Starts humming Dave Matthews 'Don't Drink The Water'*

Sorry couldn't keep going without at least one water joke. Okeday, the final post.

"WARNING! THREE MINUTES TO PLANETARY COLLISION! ESCAPE PODS NO LONGER ABLE TO BREAK GRAVITATIONAL FIELD, PROCEED TO SHUTTLES!"

"Damn!" Panaka snarled, slamming his fist on the control panel "Where are they?"

"I don't know," replied Joey from the copilot's seat "but if we don't leave pretty soon we'll be smeared all over the surface of Mandaloria."

The station shuddered under the ship.

"I'm not sure it will even hold together long enough to hit the surface." said Anna

Joey growled.

Perfect.

A flaming support strut fell from the ceiling, heading for Amidala. Anakin reached out and deflected it with the Force.

"Come on!" he shouted down the hall "This place is coming apart at the seams!"

The station heaved beneath Anakin's feet like the thrashing of a dying beast.

/Not too far from the truth./ thought Anakin as he regained his balance.

"TWO MINUTES UNTILL PLANETARY IMPACT!" screamed the loudspeaker "ONE MINUTE THIRTY SECONDS UNTIL ESCAPE VELOCITY FOR SHUTTLES WILL BE IMPOSSIABLE!"

/We're not going to make it in time./ realized Anakin /At least, not at this speed./

He grabbed the hands of the two closest people, Padme and Lady Jessie. He felt a sudden weight on his back and saw that Care Bear had jumped on.

"I've always wanted to ride a Jedi bare back." she quipped

"Hang on tight!" he said.

He began to run, letting the Force propel him forward. Time seemed to slow and his vision turned crystal clear. He another support strut falling, but it was coming down so slowly, it would be easy to leap over. So he did. He risked a quick glance backwards to see that Yoda was following his lead, he held Crimson Jedi, and Mikel by the hands. In the air behind him he was carrying Obi-Wan and Mace with the Force. He turned his attention back ahead of him the door to the shuttle bay was rapidly approaching.

"ONE MINUTE TO PLANETARY IMPACT!" said the computer.

"I know! I know!" muttered Anakin.

The door was closed as they raced towards it. Anakin pushed out with the Force, knocking the door clear out of the wall. The door flew forward with Anakin right on it's heels. He let go of the Force, screeching to a halt at the landing ramp of the Queen's ship.

"20 SECONDS UNTILL SHUTTLE ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIABLE!" reported the computer.

"Move it!" yelled Anakin as Care Bear hopped off his back.

Anakin ran up the ramp, stopping only long enough for Yoda and the people he was holding to get in, before he slammed the ramp control.

"They're in!" reported Panaka "Punch it!"

Joey worked the controls with his good hand, pushing the accelerator switches forward as fast as he could. The entire ship shook and the engines whined in protest. Joey knew that he was pushing them too hard, but they didn't really have a choice. Fifteen seconds more and they would be stuck in this death trap that used to be a station.

"Come on! Come on! Fire!" growled Joey

"TEN SECONDS UNTIL ESCAPE VELOCITY BECOMES IMPOSSIABLE!" said the computer.

Was it his imagination or did the damn thing sound cheerful about it?

"Panaka, kick in emergency thrusters!" shouted Joey.

Panaka flipped a switch and the engines suddenly fired, jolting everyone forward. The ship shot forward like it had been launched from a gun. Joey switched piloting controls over to Panaka panel. The Queen's cruiser shot out of the launch bay, with only seconds to spare. The window was suddenly filled with the surface of Mandaloria. The rocks seemed to reach out hungrily, waiting for gravity to bring them their prize.

"Pull up!" shouted Joey

"Shut up!" shot back Panaka

They seemed to fall forever, but finally Panaka pulled them out of the nose dive. Below them the station hit the surface. On impact it immediately blew up, causing a fiery inferno.

"I bet insurance rates on Mandaloria just skyrocketed."

18. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    ACKNOWLADGEMENTS

Considering how long I've dragged my feet on the last post, it is interesting to be so aprhensive of AW ending. Of course there is a sequel coming [which is already giving me Hell] but it's just not the same. So I figured I would increase the life of the story by a few seconds, by thanking a few people.

1. Angel Queen,
    Finally I can let everyone else know how much of a help AQ has been. Due to the fact that I was using her character I let her know the suprise villian from the begining, and she still managed to act suprised.
    She was game to answer 20 or 30 PMs asking usless things like "Does Sith Queen wear leather?" and "Is this post stupid?". Thank you.

2. Aqua Rose,
    Her inthusiasim for the story forced me to post. Her cries of "Where's the new post?!?" made certin that this was the first story I finished completely.

3. Everybody Else
    It was a real pleasure to work with you guys. I feel like I almost know you guys personally, which made it a lot easier to write. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

4. Darth Real Life
    Thank you for making my life more interesting and challenging. How I hate you.

Well, back to the drawing board. Gotta get that sequel ready.

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *blushes* You're most certainly welcome, Yoda! :) I really enjoyed working with you-and everyone else-on this story! This has never caused me any real stress, which is a good thing, since I have far too much of it in my life. ;)

I've had a ton of fun with this story and look forward to working with everyone in the sequel! :D

4. Darth Real Life-Thank you for making my life more interesting and challenging. How I hate you.

*giggles* Don't we all hate him, to some degree? ;)

AQ

20. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Wow... that was a tramatic ending TGY. PM me when you start the sequal. *blinks* You mentioned me in the credits *hides* Nice to be able to read the whole thing at once :D

21. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Wow, nice last speech! A great ending! Keep in touch with the sequal!

22. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    okay, i just found this thread, and i looooove it! any chance i might be allowed to be included in the sequel?

23. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    I would hope so bobilll :)

24. Sabras_Saber

Sabras_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    No!! It's over!!! ;)
    I can't bear the thought!! :) But I guess I will live there is a sequel after all!! :D

25. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    anything on the sequel, yoda? can i be in it? (hope, hope)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.