main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Autobots, ROLL OUT! Decepticons, ATTACK! - Transformers:RotF 6/24 - 6/28

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm planning on seeing this at least 2 to 3 times the opening weekend. Let's get a group going to Burbank,City Walk or The Bridge so we can go as a group. I'm gonna try and get a hold of the sisters and see if they wanna meet up.

So, who's with me?

2. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    We are in depending on when and what time??? Especially for the Bridge or Citywalk!!!

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    We can do Saturday in the afternoon. I can bring my blu ray player and watch the first one before watching the second one. Just let me know.

4. SoccerRyot

SoccerRyot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2007
    Juan was asking about a midnight screening this because he wants to go with the group. Where ever you guys choose, he will go.

5. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    My brother and I are going to the Arclight for the tuesday midnight showing. Whenever else, I'm open to. I'm down to go whenever except when I go with my brother. If we all go on Saturday, I can bring my blu ray player and watch the first one and even the animated one, if we start early enough. I need to know ahead of time though so I can make those plans.

6. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Latest Update the Tuesday Night 12:01 CityWalk Imax is sold out !!! But the Bridge has Tickets for Both the Directors Hall and Imax!!! I can only go for Friday:_| since Saturday is a BSG Movie Marathon at the Areo!!!

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Since we're going to the Friday showing, I'll bring my blu ray player so we can watch the first one before we go to the second one.

8. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    Juan says he may try for the Arclight tonight.

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    My brother and I will leave in about half an hour. We're watching the first movie on blu-ray right now.

10. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well did get to see it last night in IMAX and especially enjoyed how Devastator went Imax Full Screen when he stood up almost to scale. Oh went to Golden Apple event last evening and won tickets to see it again tonight we are going to the Rolling Hills 20.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Taking a date to the Arclight on Saturday and then with the Sisters on Sunday.

12. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    Saw it on the IMAX last night. It was enjoyable, but I want the next movie to be all Transformers only. No humans. They just get in the way of the battles.

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    HAHA, god that's just what I was thinking. My friend said the same thing. Every time the humans come on the screen I'm just like, "Ugg, god, seriously this again?" It's because it's either some sappy romance nonsense or our "hero" (who is kind of a tool let's be honest) moaning and whining about just wanting to be normal and all of this. I must be a freak I guess because I hate that storyline, I HATE IT, it's done and done and done again, and I'm getting really sick of it. The reluctant hero, the "I just want to be normal" person. Who are these people? I don't want to be normal, I WANT to be great, I want to have Bumblebee as my protector, who would turn that down? I cannot relate to a character who actively aspires to mediocrity, like he has a calling and a chance to be something more than just some ordinary idiotic teenager, and yet he tries as hard as he can not to be anything but that. It's nauseating, frankly, and why I don't care to see him on screen, I just want to see the Transformers.

Also Megan Fox is a really bad actress, I'm sorry. She is extremely, extremely hot, and so is Isabel Lucas (wow), but Fox cannot act at all. I think she knows it too.

That being said, even with the silly plot, the corny dialogue, and the occasionally not-so-great acting, I still have to say I love Transformers 2, I mean it was a ton of fun, I really want to go see it again, it just looks fantastic, it's basically what a blockbuster should be I think because it's so much fun! I just rewatched Transformers, the first one, about three days ago and it was better than I remembered it. Maybe the plot to the second was worse, I dunno, but in retrospect I thought the plot for the first one was better than I remembered because I used to complain how it was a really stupid plot, i.e. it's extremely simple, basically here come the Transformers for some stupid little cube, and now when I see it I think, no, you know what? That's exactly how it should be. It should be simple, because who cares about the plot? I just want to see Transformers wreaking havoc, this is not Citizen Kane or Casablanca. When you combine great music with great effects, great cinematography, and just a general coolness factor, even with the simple plot of the first film you get a really great blockbuster that succeeds at the type of film it is meant to be. It reminds me of The Fifth Element. For some reason I always end up not liking films as much the first time through them if they have very simplistic plots, but the second time I see them, if the rest makes up for it, I change my mind. I initially didn't like The Fifth Element at all, because i thought, "Ok so this giant blob of evil is coming at the planet and all that can stop it is love? How corny and stupid is that? Wow what a LAME movie!" But now it's absolutely one of my favorite films, I can watch it every year and still love it, because it's so imaginative, has so many great costumes, locales, effects, the editing is sharp, I like the characters, basically even with a very simplistic plot I find it such an imaginative, fun movie that it's a sci-fi classic in my opinion. Kind of the rare film that can succeed in spite of a rather simple plot, but sometimes that allows for more innovation in other areas.

At times, Transformers 2 seemed to be trying too hard to make this huge mythology that was just ridiculous, I mean the plot holes, the silliness, it was like wow ok whatever. The awesome action scenes (about 4x the first one it seemed) really make up for it, but Transformers, the first one, still ends up being basically the more cohesive work because of it's simple plot I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.