main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Autograph authentication needed

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by bigbadwolf, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbadwolf

bigbadwolf Jedi Master

Sep 28, 2000
    I've come into possession of a copy of Alec Guinness?s book ?My Name Escapes Me? which has apparently been signed by Alec Guinness himself.

Can anyone here please help me make sure that the signature is genuine?
    Ideally I would like somebody who owns an authentic Alec Guinness autograph to email me (d_titley@hotmail.com) a scan of their autograph for me to compare with mine. However, if this is not possible, any suggestions on how I could go about authenticating this signature will be gratefully received.

Also, does anyone have an idea about how much the book would be worth if the signature is genuine?

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    the thing about this is that unless you were there to see him sign it there is a certin amount of posibility its a forgery.

since he has passed on and Star Wars collecting is a big money deal its very posible somebody took your book and signed it them selves to make it more valubale. this is why I stay away from autograped items. the only way to bee 100% sure is to get it autographed in person. certificates mean nothing as well as pictures of the item being signed. after all you have one base ball signed by lets say SOSA and while he's doing so you snap a photo , you have an original signiture to copy from and a picture all the proof you need that its real.
    add to that ol sammy get wacked on the way to the game and bam you are in the money for as many balls as you can sign.

3. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    While I was at Celebration II, I got some autographs. I had mine ordered thru ( pre-signed ) and picked them up in a few hours. I looked and compared on the internet, and they look real to me. The Celebration II seal on them makes them even more precious to me. *hugs autographs*

4. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Check this link out

Link

5. darthalucard

darthalucard Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    I agree, those guys are the BEST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.